Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 4:24am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Dead Metal   Views: 46,791

A new 3rd party company has entered the game, MAKETOY. We got our first glimpse of Prototypes of their products at BotCon 2011 and now they have published their own website. And with their website we learn a few things, for instance that they are a Japanese company oh and we get to see the first colour images of their Powerglide and Seaspray, and their planed products for this year.
Their Powerglide and Seaspray figures are named Bomber and Hover (guess who's who) are about 8 cm tall (about 3 1/4 inches) and seem to come in a 2 pack sometime this year. It also looks like they are planing to produce more mini-bot like figures, since Bomber and Hover are stated to be in a series called "Minibottsu".

Their RTS G2 Optimus Prime trailer is called Tank and is going to be 28 cm long (around 11 inches) and is in their "upgrade" series.
But that's not all

But this is not all, they also reveal a blueprint-like sketch of another upcoming product, something called "Giant" from the series "Build", looks familiar doesn't it?

You can click the images to get to their website in Japanese, or click here for a English version using google translate.

Credit(s): MAKETOY

This article was last modified on Thursday, June 23rd, 2011 4:28am CDT

Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245517)
Posted by Dead Metal on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:26am CDT
I like everything I see here. 2 3rd party Devastators? This will be interesting.

Also, These minibots look better than the ones we've got to see from iGear.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245518)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:29am CDT
REAlly, another devasator? Now i really think hasbro is secretly planning a classics devastator, to be released after DOTM Dies and after the 3rd party companies releases their not-devastator It will cause an epic fan rage and Hasbro's response would be "Surprise, b*tch" :lol:
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245519)
Posted by Blurrz on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:34am CDT
Changed the title to be more search friendly ^_^

And Bomber looks boss
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245521)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:46am CDT
Wasn't it said that Maketoy is a division of FansProject??

I swear someone said TFSource made that claim at Botcon.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245524)
Posted by Venksta on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:56am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:Wasn't it said that Maketoy is a division of FansProject??

I swear someone said TFSource made that claim at Botcon.

Yeah, they said something like that. What actually happened is Fansproject offered the designer of Maketoy's to bring their prototypes to botcon. Then after some miscommunication with the TFsource table, they were said to be Fansproject's stuff.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245525)
Posted by Poyguimogul on June 23rd, 2011 @ 4:57am CDT
:APPLAUSE: Seapray and Powerglide are just.. :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245530)
Posted by Arlekkin on June 23rd, 2011 @ 5:37am CDT
The minibots (even though I would have liked to see Scout to Deluxe sized versions of these characters) and the trailer for G2 Optimus Prime are great (I hope that versions for Toxitron and RiD Scourge are released as well).

I'm kinda peeved to see that another Devastator is being released without knowing which would be better between TF Club's and this one. (Better as in which one is bigger and/or cheaper, better posability etc.)

and with Hasbro releasing a classics version of Devastator... Nah I don't think so....
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245531)
Posted by alldarker on June 23rd, 2011 @ 5:40am CDT
Wow... The minibots look excellent! If those pics really are of the final product, I'll most definitely be putting an order for that two-pack.
Evidently FansProject has faith in them too, if they offered to show the prototypes at Botcon. It all looks very promising! I wonder if they can actually pull off that Devastator, though...
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245537)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on June 23rd, 2011 @ 5:59am CDT
Powerglide and Seaspray is a meh.

But...G2 Prime looks FRICKIN AWESOMEEEE !!!! Too bad I hate the original mould or not I would be all over the 3rd party add-on trailer :O...
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245557)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on June 23rd, 2011 @ 6:43am CDT
Make this Devastator cheaper and I'd go for it :P

Other wise, why? You've been beat to the punch already.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245558)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 6:44am CDT
Hot damn, another Devestator? Sounds like good news. Pity there isn't any other info other than a sketch.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245559)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on June 23rd, 2011 @ 6:49am CDT
I knew seaspray, n powerglide were going to be a 2 pack :grin: . Hopefully they can make a superion, or a computron combiners as well. wow lots of 3rd parties out there doing up-grades n minibots someone should try making some decent deluxes figures like blaster, shockwave,blitzwing,sandstorm, n alpha-trion
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245573)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 7:09am CDT
I do really like TANK, although I wish the extra armour could've been integrated onto RTS Prime's vehicle mode instead of stuck on the trailer. Oh well, can't have everything I suppose. I too would love a Scourge repaint of this set, and I imagine MakeToy would do it if only Hasbro or Takara would get on with repainting the core figure.

The rest are VERY G1 aren't they? Kind of a middle-ground between 1980's G1 and the Classics. Bomber and Hover are very nice looking. I would've gone for them if I didn't already have HFTD Seaspray and Universe Powerglide, but I'm very much looking forward to other Minibots if they do indeed intend to make a series of them like these.

HUMBLE REQUEST TO MAKETOY: Please do a Bumblebee and Cliffjumper, and maybe include weaponry. Please... :PRAY:

As for Giant? Balls! As if there wasn't enough controversy over TFClub's version. This will add fuel to the fire. If Bomber and Hover's size is an indication of MakeToy's desire to be G1 size accurate then this will undoubtedly be smaller than TFClub's. But even a passing association with FansProject should mean quality is high. This WILL be interesting.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245579)
Posted by rpetras on June 23rd, 2011 @ 7:28am CDT
I'm Very interested in the minibots. I'm still on the fence as to which horse I'll back, from these guys or iGear. I'll just have to wait and see when the pre-orders go up.

I like Tank. It makes me glad I got Optimus Minor. That diminutive thing didn't impress me much, but this upgrade kit may make him great.

As for the not-Devy ...

Lord Onixprime wrote:Make this Devastator cheaper and I'd go for it :P

Other wise, why? You've been beat to the punch already.

Basically, I agree with Onyx.

If they make it cheaper, they will find an audience, if not, people have already begun to buy into the other Devastator. I'm not gonna buy 1/2 of one then switch to the other.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245590)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 7:51am CDT
:APPLAUSE: Not Seaspray and not Powerglide looks awesome!

Especially Powerglide.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245592)
Posted by GetRightRobot on June 23rd, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
Jesus my wallet cannot take this! All win. I like the little guys better than the iGear. I like my minibots to be...cute. The trailer is WAY more than I expected, better have that sword though. I agree with most everyone on the Devastator. Depends on how greedy this MAKETOYS is. I have preordered an Exgraver, but I will not buy 2 Devastators. This one had better be superior in every way, to get my money from TFClub. Awesome stuff though, wow.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245593)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 7:55am CDT
Hopefully their Devastator will be far more affordable. If it is, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.

It doesn't have to be as large as the TFC combiner. It could even be G1 size, as long as it's fully articulated and looks good.
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245594)
Posted by paul053 on June 23rd, 2011 @ 8:03am CDT
That Powerglide is cute.

Another Devy, woooooo....... now I will have to hold everything back. There are too many choices now and I can only afford one, the re-issue, the Energon one, the TFC one (which is totally not affordable for me), the potential FP Crossover 3, the Hasbro secret classics.......
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245602)
Posted by synthetik on June 23rd, 2011 @ 8:18am CDT
Powerglide is so...

kawaii!!!

But seriously the G2 Prime is seeeeeeeeeeeexy. Just gotta wait for a nemesis version
Re: New Images of MakeToy Products - Powerglide(Bomber), Seaspray(Hover) and RTS G2 Optimus Prime Trailer (1245610)
Posted by Blackstreak on June 23rd, 2011 @ 8:46am CDT
I wonder if the Constructicons are gonna be any cheaper than TFC's. :-?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Generations TG-23 Metroplex Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends SHARKTICON SWEEPS Complete LG-44 Titans Return Takara GNAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrilling 30 Hoist Complete with Comic G1 CHUG" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Skywarp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield Lot" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-S45 RUNG Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Battle Master Hasbro 2019 Rare" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise BOMBSHOCK & GROWL SLITHERFANG RUNG Battle Masters" on EBAY