New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons

New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons

Monday, July 25th, 2011 3:37am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 46,920

What time is it? It's time to pimp out your Reveal The Shield (G2) Optimus Prime! An update to the website of third party MakeToy gives us new prototype images of the upcoming upgrade 'Tank' for the deluxe class figure. Among the accessories include a katana, which also looks like it can be converted into a buster sword. There's also a new blaster and head for the figure. Of course, the most important piece from MakeToys will be the tanker trailer, which can turn into a base, and further into a battle suit. Check out the pictures below, and keep that drool in check!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): MakeToy

This article was last modified on Monday, July 25th, 2011 3:43am CDT

Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265857)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 25th, 2011 @ 3:39am CDT
Looks great! I'm really hoping the colors match both versions of the figure. I have one of each but I like the United version much better.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265859)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 3:57am CDT
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265862)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:05am CDT
kirbenvost wrote:So, Hasbro really needs to get on repainting RTS Prime as RID Scourge before this thing comes out. I require it.

I'd take that and a Toxitron and have a complete nerdgasm.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265867)
Posted by Blurrz on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:36am CDT
I'm more interested in seeing how much the RTS Optimus Prime mold is going to skyrocket in the secondary market. If a sub-par, once shelfwarmer, Classics Rodimus can turn into the pricey beast it is now, I don't even want to know about this figure. And I'm sure a repaint of this figure is in the making, there's no way Hasbro would get away without repainting an Optimus Prime mold!

Really looking forward to this though, just really excited. Almost, almost, giving me the urge to go through and pick up the BotCon '10 set and the other G2 homages of '10-'11.

Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265869)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:38am CDT
Bloody hell, I have to bet more RTS Primes, this thing rocks!
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265871)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:46am CDT
Thats one killer upgrade. I have a feeling colour prototypes are going to blow my mind. Thats also pretty complex for a deluxe sized figure.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265872)
Posted by Dread_Wing on July 25th, 2011 @ 4:47am CDT
I have zero interest in the G2 Prime figure, but heaven help me, if Hasbro comes out with a Scourge repaint, which by all accounts should be an inevitability, then I will be all over this awesome upgrade kit! I passed on the SDCC Nemesis Prime wanting something more sinister and fearsome (and without blue windows), and I think this fits the bill nicely!
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265874)
Posted by Lord Raze on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:04am CDT
Yep, that sold me.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265877)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:20am CDT
Sonuva...

Looks like I'm going to have to find me a RTS Optimus. Doggone it.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265884)
Posted by SPRINGER112 on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:35am CDT
i have g2 prime and i have to say that this will be the first 3rd party upgrade set that i have ever bought,swords a big improvment as well.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265885)
Posted by SPRINGER112 on July 25th, 2011 @ 5:37am CDT
what about a ultra magnus repaint??????? :-?
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265897)
Posted by Jesterhead on July 25th, 2011 @ 6:28am CDT
Glorious!

Really diggin' this!
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265901)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on July 25th, 2011 @ 6:45am CDT
SPRINGER112 wrote:what about a ultra magnus repaint??????? :-?

Like people actually wanted that one. :P
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265905)
Posted by WarGraver on July 25th, 2011 @ 6:53am CDT
It's super sexy, and reminds me of IDW's version of Apex Armor. A must-have for sure.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265910)
Posted by Convotron on July 25th, 2011 @ 7:43am CDT
I like the look of the add on parts, though the backpack components make the figure look like its wearing a portable shower stall. It's interesting how the base figure's hands hold onto the add on hands, which in turn hold on to the add on weapons. It's also nice that the Tank sword is compatible with Drift's back clip for holding a sword.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265930)
Posted by Mkall on July 25th, 2011 @ 8:27am CDT
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
SPRINGER112 wrote:what about a ultra magnus repaint??????? :-?

Like people actually wanted that one. :P

Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime ;)
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265942)
Posted by GetRightRobot on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:11am CDT
Mkall wrote:
cannonfodder4000 wrote:
SPRINGER112 wrote:what about a ultra magnus repaint??????? :-?

Like people actually wanted that one. :P

Shattered Glass Nemesis Prime ;)

Wouldn't that be regular Prime? I mean, it would be the opposite of of evil prime..... :???:

I have to get this! I picked up 2 of the Hasbro versions of this guy, one for my classics shelves and one for my Prime Shrine. I think this set is awesome, they would really have to screw up the colors to keep me from buying this, and I mean pink, teal and yellow screw up! :lol:
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265954)
Posted by Cyberion on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:33am CDT
This is seriously epic and totally blows the Ultimate Prime away. But OMG... I already have a G1, Deluxe and Voyager DOTM Primes as well as the Classic Henkei and D.I.A. Commander. I'm trying to stop collecting Primes now... But this is going to be hard to pass up :BOT:
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265955)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:34am CDT
Interesting to note: I only bought RTS Prime because of the concept pics for this set.
Re: New Images of MakeToy 'Tank' - RTS Optimus Prime Add-Ons (1265957)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on July 25th, 2011 @ 9:37am CDT
"Hey, that's a cool new swo-SWEET CHEEZUS, IT'S A BOY." :shock:

WANT. =P~

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction One-Step Changer GALVATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2016 Platinum Edition Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep 3 Pack" on EBAY
Buy "NEW GRIMLOCK Evolution 2-Pack Transformers Toys R Us Exclusive Hasbro AOE NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION SNARL, Generations Deluxe Dinobot 2014." on EBAY
Buy "NOS Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Kenzan Combiner Golden Helmet" on EBAY