New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys

New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys

Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 9:46am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 13,966

Marvelousnews.com has posted some new info and new images of the first wave of Marvel Transformers Crossovers, figures than transform from vehicles to classics Marvel superheroes, similar to the Star Wars Transformers subline.

The first wave consists of the Hulk (tank) and Iron Man (jet) and will be released this summer ($14.99 each) to coincide with the live action Hulk and Iron Man films. The subline will continue to include other classic heroes like Spiderman and others.

See the images by clicking here

Credit(s): Marvelousnews.com

This article was last modified on Tuesday, March 25th, 2008 9:52am CDT

Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663875)
Posted by OptitronPrime on March 25th, 2008 @ 9:56am CDT
Hulk looks meh, Ironman looks okay
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663884)
Posted by STngAR on March 25th, 2008 @ 10:23am CDT
I thought these would turn out alot better

Looks like they will be just like SWTF to me. Pass
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663908)
Posted by Skowl on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:14am CDT
As usual, TF fans expectations are way, way, way too high and they just can't be pleased. Nobody seems to understand the difficulty of engineering a Transformer whose "robot" mode is already established.

It's so much easier to design a TF when the robot mode can look like basically anything. When the robot mode needs to look like the Hulk, or Iron Man, or Darth Vader, it's not so simple. It's much harder to design a toy "around" those already established figures than it is to just pull a new bot mode out of your ass, slap on some neon green paint and call it a Constructicon.

For what they have to work with, these toys look good. I'd like to see any fan design something better that still works as a toy without deviating from an already-established non-Transformer character.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663918)
Posted by First Gen on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:21am CDT
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663925)
Posted by ponycorn on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:26am CDT
So are these from the crossover mini series?
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663936)
Posted by Solrac333 on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:37am CDT
Just wait the G.I. Joe crossovers, or My Little Pony, or Furby...

I actually to like the Hulk. I will get him to customize him.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663943)
Posted by First-Aid on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:42am CDT
The figures look decent...I think what strikes me the most is the packaging...very eye-catching and cool IMO.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663947)
Posted by Dead Metal on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:48am CDT
I hope Venom turns out OK.
That's the only one I'm interested in.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663953)
Posted by OptimusShr on March 25th, 2008 @ 11:53am CDT
Definitely picking up Iron Man simply for the awesome vehicle mode. Hulk looks good in robot mode, not that big a fan of vehicle mode though.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663962)
Posted by Firebird on March 25th, 2008 @ 12:03pm CDT
They look pretty good, not as nice as a regular transformer but defiantly better than the SWTF line.

But I'm not buying them
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (663970)
Posted by Overcracker on March 25th, 2008 @ 12:18pm CDT
They look pretty good to me. I'd definitely pick up a Gray version of both of them Gray Hulk and War machine. As it is I'll Probably pick up Iron-Man, but pass on Hulk though.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664006)
Posted by Squawk'n'talk on March 25th, 2008 @ 1:26pm CDT
That Iron Man is screaming at me for a Dreadwind custom...
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664020)
Posted by Menbailee on March 25th, 2008 @ 1:41pm CDT
Hulk gets an appropriate vehicle mode and makes a decent tank-former, even if I find the idea rather silly to begin with. With a different head, he could make a decent brawler in any TF universe. Iron Man makes a limited amount of sense. Sure, Iron Man can already fly, but if Stark built an extra-large suit, why not allow it to take a more aerodynamic form? I'm not buying either of these, but they don't look like the failures that most SWTFs turned out to be. We'll have to see Iron Man's robot mode to see if they did it justice.

TFs that G.I. Joes can ride in--why oh why does this not happen?
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664043)
Posted by Bumblethumper on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:08pm CDT
The previously released photos looked a lot better. But these are probably closer to what the toys will actually look like.

At first look, for the sort of thing I'd usually skip, they seemed surprisingly worthwhile. I still think they look okay, but nothing special. Nothing about them screams 'must-have', but I may be tempted nonetheless. The packaging is terrific.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664076)
Posted by Fatconvoy on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:55pm CDT
i like the hulk. i'd like one to keep and one to kitbash. :)
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664079)
Posted by Rushie on March 25th, 2008 @ 2:58pm CDT
First Gen wrote:This is a direct result of people actually buying SWTF figures. Shame on you. Shame on all of you.

Go wash your mouth with soap and cry big tears over some nice toys you skipped because of prejudice -_-
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664238)
Posted by Jazzz on March 25th, 2008 @ 6:15pm CDT
Hulk looks pretty cool.
Iron Man is meh IMO.
Much better looking then SWTF.
I'll probably but the Hulk toy for my friend who loves Hulk.
I'm more interested in Venom.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664255)
Posted by Down_Shift on March 25th, 2008 @ 6:33pm CDT
We've seen these images before, I'm pretty sure at least. Anywho, I'm really liking the Hulk. Both in bot and tank mode. Actually I really like the tank mode. Ironman I'm not too crazy about, but I can see the appeal it would have on children.
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664367)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on March 25th, 2008 @ 8:56pm CDT
Yep still excited about these!
Re: New Images of Marvel Transformers Crossovers Toys (664413)
Posted by flashmech on March 25th, 2008 @ 9:37pm CDT
I like the Iron Man figure.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #292 - Planet of Junk
"Planet of Junk"
Posted: Tuesday, January 18th, 2022

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen ROTF Voyager Grindor w Scorponok NISB" on EBAY
Buy "GI Joe 2013 SDCC Comic Con Convention Exclusive Transformers Baroness" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Netflix SCRAPFACE Deluxe MISB WFC Earthrise 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege SIDESWIPE Figure Deluxe Class Open Box" on EBAY
Buy ""IN HAND" TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS SELECTS DELUXE LIFT-TICKET ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Lot (2) Rhinox & Tigertron WFC kingdom transformers beast wars IN HAND!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Sideswipe, 100% Complete, MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ROTF Revenge of The Fallen Demolisher, Grindor & Desert Tracker..." on EBAY