New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation

Transformers News: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation

Monday, December 10th, 2018 9:23AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 17,998

Thanks to posts on Baidu and Weibo, we have some new images from the latest Generations Book which heavily features 2019's big Masterpiece release, MP-44 Optimus Prime Ver 3. We get so see Prime at many different angles we did not see before, like his back with the Jetpack. We also have our best look yet at the human characters he comes with which does indeed include Carly. But best of all we get to see his transformation. We get confirmation that the chest windows he has are actually from the alt mode and that part of the cab does fold into his legs, which is the reason we see a hint of read near his ankles.

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998024)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:35am CST
THAT... is a fascinating transformation. It doesn’t look to be overly complicated, at least. Nowhere near ROTF Leader Class Optimus.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998025)
Posted by Stryker P28 on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:36am CST
The transformations is A W E S O M E
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998028)
Posted by kurthy on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:43am CST
No comments about Hound?!? :BANG_HEAD:
:BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998030)
Posted by Agent 53 on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:48am CST
I think I might save up for that (he says hoping that at least slightly it might drop in price over time (hey you can get MPM-03 for about 30 quid these days, it could happen)) Between the TF and the poseability it does look neat.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998037)
Posted by frogbat on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:32am CST
does not look intimidating like mp36 Megatron's! it seems to be reminiscent of the siege figure in a way, though granted, most OP transformations will follow a certain pattern
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998041)
Posted by Grimlok59 on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:50am CST
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998048)
Posted by Bucky on December 10th, 2018 @ 11:39am CST
Pretty interesting transformation. Different from other Optimi we’ve gotten before. I find it difficult to argue with the results, and after a few passes over the transformation sequences, it looks neither overly complicated nor over engineered as some have expressed. The only thing keeping me from preordering is that outrageous price tag. As much as I want to buy this figure, I can in no way justify the cost for me. And while I’d also love to support Has/Tak with my wallet, I’m concerned about supporting a steadily increasingly expensive line of toys. I understand that costs go up over time. That’s a given. Things aren’t getting any cheaper. But the rate at which each figure has increased in cost has me concerned. The only way I can rationalize it, and mitigate concern, is by reminding myself that, for the most part, the last few pricey figures have been fairly big names, integral to the franchise. And also physically big toys.

I suppose an argument could be made that some of the cost is a result of an abundance of accessories? But Ratchet, Ironhide, Grapple, and Inferno all came with quite a few accessories, and their respective prices weren’t exorbitant. And since I’m sure we’ll be seeing repaint after repaint of this latest Optimus, as we have with previous molds, it’s not as though some of the cost can’t be made up by rolling out the redecos over the next couple years. They’re bound to do it.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998058)
Posted by procyon on December 10th, 2018 @ 12:41pm CST
kurthy wrote:No comments about Hound?!? :BANG_HEAD:
:BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE:

THANK YOU! I was thinking the same thing, wondering when anyone was gonna say something.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998072)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 10th, 2018 @ 1:41pm CST
Still looks complicated to me, but I'm happy with the results. The way the sides of the cab fold down into his legs so the arms would be free of any "real-world" detail is pretty wow.

And...

Cyberpath wrote:But I really want to see it from this angle --

Score!

I hope they will fix every panel alignment issue before they mass-produce this thing. For the artistry and the price we're paying.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998076)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 10th, 2018 @ 2:43pm CST
Grimlok59 wrote:Has there been any official announcement on MP Hound? I keep seeing him pop up in pics.

No. Some think that Hound was supposed to get released before MP-44 Prime, but was pushed back because of production delays. (The new Convoy absolutely has to be out on the brand's 35th anniversary.)

Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998104)
Posted by gothsaurus on December 10th, 2018 @ 5:50pm CST
Why not both ;-)
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998133)
Posted by Ultra Markus on December 10th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CST
well it looks like the arms and legs still come out of the right areas
this is fascinating 8-)
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998147)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 10th, 2018 @ 9:56pm CST
Just a note on the transformation, many steps were skipped between each picture, with that said it really doesn't look that bad.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998149)
Posted by Emerje on December 10th, 2018 @ 10:35pm CST
procyon wrote:
kurthy wrote:No comments about Hound?!? :BANG_HEAD:
:BOWDOWN: :APPLAUSE:

This is all speculation, but he'll likely be MP-45 after Optimus since he's MP-44 and Megatron is MP-43, either late in 2019 or early in 2020. I'm thinking December along with a repaint, possibly the Dinobot mold the same way this year is ending with Shockwave and Megatron repaints.

Back to Optimus, wow, 12 steps and they don't look too crazy. And I was right about part of the cab forming his legs. ;)^

Emerje
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998195)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 11th, 2018 @ 5:10am CST
The more I look at this thing, the more I want it.
Price be damned.

Eh, I'm about to buy a 1000$ doll so a 600$ Transformers is not that far fetched. But one thing is sure, I'll be watching and reading a TONS of reviews before committing.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998197)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 11th, 2018 @ 5:34am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:The more I look at this thing, the more I want it.
Price be damned.

Out of total curiosity, what's the doll you're buying? Is it one of the larger scales?

So that transformation scheme looks like the best part to me because of how intricate it is, but I do wish we'd move away from cartoon accuracy... Maybe when the cast is complete we can finally look to the future again.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998199)
Posted by Amelie on December 11th, 2018 @ 6:28am CST
I'm in. The new shots have sold the price to me. I'll have to snag a Megatron after Christmas, too.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998203)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on December 11th, 2018 @ 8:18am CST
About the Human figures, does 44 come with just Carly or all 3? Also, something I was wondering, did different version of MP Prime come with Spike and Sparkplug, like 2 different releases with one of them?
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998209)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 11th, 2018 @ 8:47am CST
Following on from the latest pictures of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime, we now have word that Takara Tomy have created and uploaded to their YouTube channel a trailer for this hotly anticipated Masterpiece figure. We have embedded the video for you to watch below!

MP-44 is stated for a release in August and comes with a whole host of accessories including Starscreams head so you can replicate scenes from the G1 cartoon episode "Megatron's Master Plan". Also included are three human figures representing Sparkplug, Spike and Carly.

Are you looking forward to this release? Or are you still on the fence? Does this video do anything to sway your opinion? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.
Re: New Images of Masterpiece MP-44 Optimus Prime Showing Carly and Transformation (1998245)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on December 11th, 2018 @ 10:18am CST
I do like this new prime, however...

What drew me to the masterpiece line was the perfect blend of original toy design and cartoon style. I really liked having the details from the g1 toy incorporated into the sculpts of the mp figures. I also really loved how the spirit of the g1 transformation was also put into them. to me, thats what made them masterpieces. I do appreciate the new almost cartoon perfect approach, and I think its well executed, but it does take away from the beauty of the toys imho. not knocking the design and effort it takes to pull this off, its astounding to see what they can engineer now. but maybe they are taking it a bit too far.

my feelings on that, added to the astronomical price (i understand having way more parts to accommodate the transformation means higher tolerances, higher piece-count which equals higher price)means I really can not justify buying this. sad too since one of the gas tanks on my mp10 just fell off. :-(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Laserbeak" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #216 - Prime Galaxy
"Prime Galaxy"
Posted: Sunday, January 27th, 2019

Buy "New Transformers Construct Bots IRONHIDE Scout Class E1:01 45 Pieces Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Dead End Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct-Bots Scout Class Silverbolt Buildable Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Elite Class Optimus Prime COMPLETE with manual!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Construct-Bots Scout Class STARSCREAM Buildable Action Figure - NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age Of Extinction Takara AD04 High Octane Bumblebee" on EBAY