New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube

Transformers News: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube

Tuesday, April 25th, 2017 2:07PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 21,073

It wasn't too clear what the recently revealed Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube entailed. Was it a Rubik's Cube inside Optimus' head, or was Optimus the Rubik's Cube itself? Well now we know. The new images on Hasbrotoyshop show that it is a 2X2 Rubik's cube that has the shape of Optimus' head and is removed from a display stand body. The MSRP is 12.99 and the product descrption is below.

Product description:

Big head. Big Challenge. With the Rubik's Crew Puzzlehead, players can solve the puzzle that is shaped like one of their favorite Transformers characters. Twist the pieces and solve the Puzzlehead designed like the face of Optimus Prime. Once completed, place the collectible Puzzlehead on the included display stand body.

Includes Rubik's Crew Optimus Prime 2x2 Puzzlehead with display stand body, and instructions.

• Challenges kids to solve the puzzle
• Designed as Transformers Optimus Prime character
• Collectible Puzzlehead
• Includes display stand body

• Ages 8 and up
• For 1 player

Transformers News: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube

Transformers News: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube
Credit(s): Hasbrotoyshop.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877196)
Posted by kurthy on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:31pm CDT
NEED!!! NEED!!! NEED!!!
:KREMZEEK: :x
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877200)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:33pm CDT
...dangit, I want this so badly! I love dumb desk toys like this.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877204)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 2:45pm CDT
Mystery solved! :D
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877215)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:24pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Mystery solved! :D

I was thinking of you the entire time as I was newsing it :)
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877218)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:30pm CDT
only 13 bucks. this could be a hot thing
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877225)
Posted by Va'al on April 25th, 2017 @ 3:37pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Mystery solved! :D

I was thinking of you the entire time as I was newsing it :)

Oh, just like me in the shower.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877241)
Posted by Kyleor on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:07pm CDT
I think they meant "Big head. No Challenge."
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877243)
Posted by Torneira on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:11pm CDT
If this ain't a 'Headmaster', I don't know what is lol.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877245)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:15pm CDT
It doesn't seem that complicated, like four moving parts tops. On the other hand, the arms look like they swivel.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877246)
Posted by Terrsolpix on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:18pm CDT
Torneira wrote:If this ain't a 'Headmaster', I don't know what is lol.

Is a Headmaster challenge

ill see my way out
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877247)
Posted by Bronzewolf on April 25th, 2017 @ 4:19pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Va'al wrote:Mystery solved! :D

I was thinking of you the entire time as I was newsing it :)

Oh, just like me in the shower.

Also, anybody else think Rubimus Prime has a bit of a Dilated pupil look to him? Like he just got slapped in the face with a board? :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877293)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 25th, 2017 @ 6:54pm CDT
I think he looks like G1 Optimus who has always looked a little aloof to me. I think it's the octagonal eye shape that does it because he doesn't look focused on any one particular direction.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877305)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 7:49pm CDT
Kyleor wrote:I think they meant "Big head. No Challenge."

chuckdawg1999 wrote:It doesn't seem that complicated, like four moving parts tops.

Unless you guys are masters at the 3X3 rubik's cube (the standard one), this one will still pose quite the challenge. Like the 3X3, a 2X2 rubik's cube needs an algorythm to be solved. You guys forget the three dimensional aspect of the 4 seperate pieces which means they can end up anywhere in different orientations, like these 2X2s below:

People selling em on e-bay have given up:

Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877310)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 25th, 2017 @ 8:06pm CDT
There are tutorials online to teach you the algorithms. I have a 3x3 and I am not bad at it. Takes me a few hours to solve it each time I play with it. Its sometimes tricky to remember the patterns and I wind up starting over.

Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877322)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:09pm CDT
How do people have issues with a 2x2x2 rubik cube? It's simple
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877323)
Posted by william-james88 on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:11pm CDT
GalvatronG1 wrote:How do people have issues with a 2x2x2 rubik cube? It's simple

I dont find it simple.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1877326)
Posted by TrypticonCarne on April 25th, 2017 @ 9:15pm CDT
Seriously the thing is 4 pieces to move, no where near as bad as that 8x8x8 rubik cube knock off
Next you're gonna tell me, it isn't normal to solve college level algebra equations at the age of 4,
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1879899)
Posted by Bronzewolf on May 7th, 2017 @ 12:23pm CDT
Just in case you had been watching for the new Optimus Rubik's Cube, it has been spotted at Philippine retail by TFW board member Ikkad. Here's the photo of Puzzlimus Prime on Mall of Asia shelves.

If you find any new toys or transformer products out in the wild, please let us know here!
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1879918)
Posted by masktique on May 7th, 2017 @ 1:26pm CDT
I consider myself pretty proficient in solving a Rubik's Cube, so I honestly can't wait to get this as a fun desk toy.
Re: New Images of Optimus Prime Rubik's Cube (1879960)
Posted by dragons on May 7th, 2017 @ 4:16pm CDT
This looks something I can solve in four moves but if I see it I may buy it nit fan other Rubik's cube where stickers are on them and peel off in time

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Roar and Rescue Bumblebee Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Decepticon Auto-Rollers, Roadblock & Dirtbag Figures." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Autobot Hound Generation no ravage" on EBAY
Buy "Strongarm TransFormers Robots in Disguise 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Crash Combiner Skyhammer" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hallmark Ornament Transformers Grimlock NIB" on EBAY
Buy "SCI-FI REVOLTECH SERIES 030 Transformers Optimus Prime Action Fi..." on EBAY
Buy "New TransFormers Sideswipe 2014 Robots In Disguise" on EBAY