New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night'

New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night'

Wednesday, December 8th, 2010 6:27am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 42,301

Great things come in pairs, and that's certainly what we've been getting from third party PerfectEffect. Their cassette revival continues with two Condors. Numbered at PE-07 and PE-08, 'The Sun' takes after the Kiss Players era cassette Sundor, while 'The Night' is a homage to an '05 e-Hobby exclusive, Garboil. The alternate modes for these Condors are flamethrowers, that can be wielded by any City Commander set. Check out the images below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): PerfectEffect

Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155040)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 8th, 2010 @ 6:43am CST
I really like these, very interesting looking.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155042)
Posted by Geekee1 on December 8th, 2010 @ 6:56am CST
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155044)
Posted by Jesterhead on December 8th, 2010 @ 6:58am CST
Do want!

Love the jet trail accessory! :grin:
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155046)
Posted by Prime Evil on December 8th, 2010 @ 7:04am CST
I wll probably get "The Sun" version. I'm already using Superlink ShadowHawk Cosmo Type as my Garbroil and Command Ravage as Howlback. But good to be getting a Sundor!

Man, City Commander will be armed to the teeth!!
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155047)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 8th, 2010 @ 7:07am CST
Geekee1 wrote:Very cool, wasn't expecting them to be this nice after the proto shots. Glad I was wrong.

I agree, I was on the fence with these guys but the image with the head and wings folded up makes me like the mold. The images with the wings and head flat didn't look very good to me. Can't wait to see the Laserbeak/Buzzsaw repaints.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155053)
Posted by Rated X on December 8th, 2010 @ 7:44am CST
Ill wait for the Laserbeak and Bussaw repaints. Perfect Efect is a little too pricy to start buying KISS homages. Im still not even sure about that Ratbat because it lacks animal like detail.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155055)
Posted by Oilspill on December 8th, 2010 @ 7:51am CST
These aren't the birds you're looking for...

Looks like they make a pretty cool flaming sword/jetpack in alt mode. Personally I have no love for E-hobby characters and Rosanna is the only Kiss Player character I'm after, but I'll happily pick up the inevitable Laserbeak & Buzzsaw repaints.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155060)
Posted by Mkall on December 8th, 2010 @ 8:04am CST
Very cool. I'll get both of these. I wonder if they'll do a ravage mold too?
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155061)
Posted by rpetras on December 8th, 2010 @ 8:19am CST
Meh.

I'll take a look again when the Buzzsaw & Laserbeak come out, but I'm not digging these so far.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155086)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 8th, 2010 @ 9:28am CST
They turn into missiles. With spoilers. That's awesome! :lol:

These do look pretty good. I'd want a Laserbeak version, but I probably wouldn't be able to afford it.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155108)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 8th, 2010 @ 10:10am CST
I'm absolutely loving this mold. I think it's brilliant. Not loving the colours though, but that's entirely an issue with Kiss Player rather than Perfect Effect's representation of them. Will definately have to get the Buzzsaw and Laserbeak repaints.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155139)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 8th, 2010 @ 11:51am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:I still don't understand why PE went so far off the reservation with Kingbat, and why are we having to wait so long for more info on their Soundwave? I need satisfying dammit.

Me too, the Rumble/Frenzy and Eject/Rewind molds are spot on, Condor mold is different but looks good but Kingbat looks nothing like Ratbat. I hope PE do Ramhorn and Steeljaw too. My DL Blaster needs minions. DL Tigatron and Cheetor do make good partners for now but I want G1 partners.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155161)
Posted by Requiem Prime on December 8th, 2010 @ 12:47pm CST
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155162)
Posted by WarGraver on December 8th, 2010 @ 12:47pm CST
The bird mode is so-so, but I really like the jetpack and weapon modes. Still, I can only see myself getting these if they come with PE's backpack recolored for Powered Commander.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155227)
Posted by Blurrz on December 8th, 2010 @ 3:14pm CST
Requiem Prime wrote:Very nice. Something about the unpainted pictures left me thinking their heads and necks were too thin, but in full color they look much better. Will these be separate or in a set?

They will be released together with Ejector and Rewindor, in a four-pack.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1155234)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on December 8th, 2010 @ 3:37pm CST
These guys look pretty sweet. Makes me wish I had picked up NotRumble and NotFrenzy. Just wish they'd drop the price a little. I mean, with FP, I'm going to be buying a figure for 10 bucks that's virtually the same size.
Re: New Images of PerfectEffect 'The Sun' and 'The Night' (1156092)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on December 10th, 2010 @ 2:35pm CST
I love the flamethrower mode. I can't wait! I've been thinking about them non-stop.

I don't get why Garboil is going to City Commander though.

I think, perhaps, they should have made a Blockrock in this mold for the Autobot team. I feel like it would make more sense. (Even though the whole Sun and Moon idea is very appealing.)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Lot incomplete G1 Generations Optimus Megatron McDonalds Armada RID" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BLIZZARD STRIKE SWELTER, Mini-Con 2016" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise RiD 2015 Legion Class Groundbuster Arm Claw" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Minicon Drift Jetstorm" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Micron Arms SHOCKWAVE Misb New Deluxe Am-29 Rid Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015 Crash Optimus Prime Strongarm Combiner Force PrimeStrong" on EBAY
Buy "SILVERBOLT AERIALBOT TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE GENERATIONS ULTRA CLASS 2008 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger Transformers Combiner Wars Loose 2015 Hasbro" on EBAY