New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs

Transformers News: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs

Friday, July 9th, 2010 1:02PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 47,592

Straight from Hasbro comes official images of the upcoming third wave of Power Core Combiner figures. The Five-Packs will feature Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons. Both sets feature drone repaints, while Stakeout is a repaint of Smolder, and Crankcase is a repaint of Huffer. The Two-Packs are all comprised of repaints. Steelshot with Beacon is a repaint of Bombshock and Searchlight's mini-con, while Darkstream with Razorbeam is a repaint of Skyburst and Smolder's mini-con. The last component of the wave is Windburn with Darkray, a repaint of Searchlight and Huffer's mini-con. Check them all out below!

Stakeout with Protectobots

Crankcase with Destrons

Windburn with Darkray

Steelshot with Beacon

Darkstream with Razorbeam

Keep it at Seibertron.com - The Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095899)
Posted by Megazarak on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:08pm CDT
Wow, the Destrons look awesome. It's cool to see something unicolour.

That's also not a new head for the Protectobots, it's just Smolder's combiner head in a different colour of course.

Too bad these are all just repaints as I don't really want to multiple versions of the same figure. I will make some exceptions though, but I'll have to see more of them before making any final decisions.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095900)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:09pm CDT
Razorclaw0000 wrote:Love. Also, is that a new head on the Protectobots Commander?

It's not new.

I agree, these all look really good. Just, impressive all around.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095901)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:10pm CDT

Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095904)
Posted by paul053 on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:13pm CDT
What!? Repaint already?
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095906)
Posted by Blurrz on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
They could repaint this bright pink and i'd still be all over them like white on rice.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095907)
Posted by Megazarak on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:16pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:You're kidding right? Nothing but repaints, even the drones? Utter disappointment. Especially the Protectobots, why two tanks?

I actually think quite a few of the repaints look better than the originals, with a couple exceptions. I do however agree that it doesn't make sense of the Protectobots to have such armed drones. I think that they should have at least made new Drones that would be more appropriate, such as a police car, ambulance, etc for the Protectobots.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095908)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:17pm CDT
Not real excited we have already met a complete wave of repaints here and its only wave 3... Only ones I'll pick up are Steelshot and Darkstream since missed those molds in wave 1. I refuse to buy the five packs still. I wish we could have at least got new minicons..
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095912)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:23pm CDT
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095917)
Posted by Prime Evil on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:28pm CDT
Wow, I wasn't gonna get the PCC Huffer (I have Botcon 2007 Huffer) but liked the mold, but the Destron set. Ooooh, definitely will be a buy. Now that's my kinda repaint. Luvs me some black repaints!
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095918)
Posted by Gearslide on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:31pm CDT
Wow, that Destron team might be the first/only PCC toy I get.

Also, coincidentally, Steelshot is the name of my Scientist class in War for Cybertron. It's a small world after all...
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095919)
Posted by Rated X on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
Im just not sure where to place these. I like the Destrons because they seem to be a Homage to the Combaticons (my favorite) but I really hate the "crippled arms" look this whole line has. Im trying to be a little more selective this year...
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095920)
Posted by Blurrz on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:36pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:btw If you need the names: Stakeout with Protectobots and Crankcase with Destrons (or Stunticons)

[color=teal]
Thanks Name-man. [/color]
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095925)
Posted by --B-- on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:41pm CDT
Bah, humbug! Just not feeling any of it, although I have to admit the Huffer mold looks better as a 'Con.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095927)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:43pm CDT
I'm fairly impressed with the 5-packs. I'll definitely get the Destrons and Protectobots, but I'll have to swap some of them out with the correct drones. I'll use the Destron commander as Motormaster, and the Protectobot commander as Hotspot. The 2-packs were a surprise for me. I can't wait to get my first 5-pack :ic$: :ic$: =P~ =P~ :lol: :lol:
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095928)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:45pm CDT
Oooo... I like Steelshot.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095930)
Posted by Valandar on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:46pm CDT
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095933)
Posted by gothsaurus on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:57pm CDT
I'm sure the reason they didn't include new minicons is that they were gang-molded with the figures. It's an efficient way to make the figures, but doesn't allow for any swapping around later.
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095934)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 9th, 2010 @ 1:57pm CDT
Valandar wrote:Okay... why the HECK didn't they just go ahead and call the Huffer repaint "Motormaster"? He's perfect for the role.

Maybe they lost the trademark? Remember the Titanium version? THey couldn't name it Motormaster because of trademarking, so they named him Menasor instead. But when I get mine, however, I'm going to give him the right limbs and call 'em Motormaster. ;)
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095935)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 9th, 2010 @ 2:02pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

*gasps* Someone said trademark instead of copyright?! :x
Re: New Images of Power Core Combiners Wave 3 Five-Packs and Two-Packs (1095936)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 9th, 2010 @ 2:05pm CDT
This wave is just repaints and musical chairs with drones and minicons? Kinda lame but there is some value in there for somebody I am sure.

Ending Soon On eBay

Kre-O Transformers Galvatron Factory Battle Optimus Bumblebee Kreo A6952 **NEW** - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 32 minutes 49 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON VORTEX ACTION FIGURE! NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 4 hours 32 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Generations/Classics IDW JHIAXUS New unopened DELUXE CLASS - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds
Playskool Heroes 10" Salvage Transformers Rescue Bots 2014 Hasbro C-023E sealed - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 36 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers COMBINER WARS G-1 SILVERBOLT New unopened VOYAGER CLASS SUPERION - Time Remaining: 7 days 18 hours 37 minutes 2 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DECEPTICON BLAST OFF ACTION FIGURE! NEW! - Time Remaining: 6 days 7 hours 37 minutes 39 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Botcon 2014 Souvenir Pirate Hunter Shokaract PRIVATES VS KNIGHTS - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 40 minutes 10 seconds
TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION VOYAGER CLASS AUTOBOT HOUND FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 45 minutes 12 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017