New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Wednesday, April 15th, 2015 10:36am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 29,670

Thanks to chaihezi.com we get some new images of the Prime 1 Studio's Age of Extinction Galvatron. Originally revealed earlier this year at Wonderfest 2015 and reported here. We finally get a look at the fully painted highly detailed and movie accurate Galvatron!
Check out the images we've mirrored below for your viewing pleasures, and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Transformers News: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron

Credit(s): chaihezi.com

Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675580)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on April 15th, 2015 @ 11:25am CDT
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675591)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 15th, 2015 @ 11:45am CDT
Damn that's nice. I don't have the space or cash for such things. Plus I like to take my figures off the shelf and pose them about without fear of expensive breakage so the Voyager action figure suffices plenty as my Galvatron.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675630)
Posted by KapikoCustoms on April 15th, 2015 @ 2:06pm CDT
It's "funny" that company of which figures cost thousands of dollars (not for average mortal collector or toy customer)can produce beautiful figures such as this one but Takara/Hasbro doesn't even try! At least they could produce more of the DMK line.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675692)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 15th, 2015 @ 4:08pm CDT
Honestly, the statue looks much better than the CGI in the movie. >:oP
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675719)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 15th, 2015 @ 4:46pm CDT
Sideshow Sideswipe wrote:Obviously this is a beautiful work of art. This is the kind of thing they should have focused on for the transformers movies. These are NOT kids movies. The characters are not relatable. The toys are warming the pegs in EVERY store I go to. Nobody wants these toys. I hope HASBRO releases the numbers for how much they lost on movie merchandise like the plush grimlocks, the one step nonsense and the ONE MILLION BUMBLEBEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

I relate to them.

For some reason, I REALLY like AOE Galvatron's design. Like, inexplicably so. Don't know why, but I do. This'll probably be the only one of these I get. If I can find enough money, I'll get AOE Optimus, too.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675763)
Posted by Shockwave7 on April 15th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CDT
This only serves to remind me exactly why I couldn't stand the Bayverse designs. I never liked any of their Megatrons, including Galvatron. The 'gay vampire' look just doesn't work, IMO.

I guess I'd agree that the robot could be cool - but those bayverse 'faces' look ridiculous to me. Noses, lips, teeth and tongues 'made' out of randomly criss-crossed wires and circuitry? Sorry, but my wilful suspension of disbelief can't carry me that far.

If they had covered this Galvatron's entire'face' with an opaque, shiny visor, THEN he'd look awesome.

Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1675968)
Posted by noctorro on April 16th, 2015 @ 8:58am CDT
Awesome statue, Galvatron's also one of my favorite AOE Transformer designs.

I agree, some faces look weird. But you really can't go with Beast Wars liquid metal faces. And they do need to have human faces, most of them. That's what Transformers' all about. Vehicle into human robot alien thing.

Some faces do work better, Prime's new face looks better than the first 3 movies. I still dislike Bee's cork mouth. Lockdown's face is awesomely creepy.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1676325)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on April 17th, 2015 @ 12:58am CDT
Dam that Galvatron really nails the AoE movie look
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1680558)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 29th, 2015 @ 4:07pm CDT
Prime 1 Studios, known for making statues and busts of the Transformers featured in the live-action films, released images of one of their upcoming releases: MMTFM-07 Optimus Prime (Knight Edition)! Based on one of the Age of Extinction promotional posters, this statue of Optimus Prime is breathtakingly detailed. Also included are swappable heads: one without the faceplate, and one with if you're feeling knightly. Additionally, whatever head is not being used can be mounted on a small bust pedestal for display. As all other releases, this hefty piece will cost you an arm and a leg, priced at a whopping $1599 USD!

More images can be seen here!
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1680640)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 29th, 2015 @ 7:08pm CDT
Sold.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1680682)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 29th, 2015 @ 9:53pm CDT
Now if I had a luxurious private basement theater where I can display this at a corner of its spacious 3000 square-foot expanse, along with my other movie paraphernalia...sure.

But as it is, even if I liked it enough to put down 1599 smackers for it, it'd just end up crowding up my home office and I'll occasionally stub my toe on it.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1680737)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 30th, 2015 @ 2:27am CDT
Beautiful but yeah this sorta thing is restricted to the rich collectors.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1681352)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on May 1st, 2015 @ 7:48pm CDT
OMG, that Prime statue looks so epic
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1684885)
Posted by Va'al on May 13th, 2015 @ 3:20am CDT
Courtesy of the Hobbybase Facebook page, we get a look at the Prime 1 Studio movieverse Optimus Prime and Megatron Premium Busts out of their fairly hefty box! The character models appear to be Revenge of the Fallen for the Decepticon leader, and Dark of the Moon for the Autobot one - check them out in the mirrored image below!

Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1684889)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on May 13th, 2015 @ 3:36am CDT
Wow, it takes a super-high end item like that for them to bother making a decent head sculpt of Megatron. :-(
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1684933)
Posted by no-one on May 13th, 2015 @ 9:05am CDT
These are not the bust I'm looking for...

I will see my way out.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1687034)
Posted by mooncake623 on May 18th, 2015 @ 8:30am CDT
The folks over at Prime 1 Studio just teased their next project for their Transformers Movie Museum Masterline Series! From the looks of the pictures it appears to be none other then Transformers The Movie (2007) Jazz! Check out the image we've mirrored below and remember keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates!

Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1687046)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 18th, 2015 @ 8:56am CDT
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1687053)
Posted by Shuttershock on May 18th, 2015 @ 9:19am CDT
Shockwave7 wrote:Well I guess these things are selling enough that they can afford to keep making them. Must be nice to have that much money...

And indeed to have so much confidence in their product that they chose to model a character who didn't survive his first outing.
Re: New Images of Prime 1 Studio's Transformers AOE Galvatron (1687088)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 18th, 2015 @ 10:10am CDT
If only I were a rich man...
(yubby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dibby dum!)

It is a bit curious that I don't recall ever seeing fan/customer photos of these things yet they've made quite a few of them. Maybe the people who do buy these are too busy making money to take the time to snap and share pics on geeky internet fansites! :lol:

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander Class Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 80 84 Devastator Constructicon Scrapper" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Deluxe Starscream and wfc generations starscream lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Lot-Cyberverse Bumblebee and Jazz, Quick Change" on EBAY