New Images of Real Transformers Watches

New Images of Real Transformers Watches

Wednesday, January 21st, 2009 8:40pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Digital Media News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 15,056

New images of the previously reported real Takara Tomy Transformers watches have appeared online. Cyber Gundam over at Yahoo! Blog HK has uploaded some high resolution images of the upcoming releases showing both robot mode and alt mode as worn.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

More details about the Transforming watch will be given as they become available.

Credit(s): Cyber Gundam

Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871420)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 21st, 2009 @ 8:45pm CST

This one has a tamagochi mode, too?
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871423)
Posted by Soldier of Shockwave on January 21st, 2009 @ 8:47pm CST
Wow it's like it stepped right out of 1980! Haven't seen a watch that chunky for years...

That's actually pretty cool though.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871429)
Posted by Forgotten on January 21st, 2009 @ 8:56pm CST
At least you can make the decepticon/autobot logo appear in the thing's stomach. Who am I kidding, this thing is terrible.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871449)
Posted by Highbeam on January 21st, 2009 @ 9:34pm CST
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871453)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 21st, 2009 @ 9:46pm CST
I kinda like it. Looks fragile though.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871454)
Posted by typh0id on January 21st, 2009 @ 9:49pm CST
I love his "getting down" pose in the last one :D
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871459)
Posted by Sideshow Sideswipe on January 21st, 2009 @ 10:01pm CST
can't they make it something extra cool like a touch screen? I wonder if I could upgrade it with touchscreen watch insides.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871463)
Posted by Nujevad on January 21st, 2009 @ 10:05pm CST
Highbeam wrote:Meantime was more impressive than this...and could be adapted into a functional watch too...
I agree, Meantime was the direction they should have gone with.

On a side note, I'm surprised this thing wasn't given a Convoy moniker, that's what they usually do to sell their crappiest ideas.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871482)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 21st, 2009 @ 11:04pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:The original (Kronoform?) watches looked better in robot mode, I still have a KO of them.

This one has a tamagochi mode, too?

I had one of those when I was little. I wish they would make them. This one just isn't the same.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871486)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 21st, 2009 @ 11:12pm CST
Is it metal ?
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871507)
Posted by Mkall on January 21st, 2009 @ 11:53pm CST
I was hoping that they'd be a little better detailed or painted or something. These just look too plain to be of any interest to me.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871524)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on January 22nd, 2009 @ 12:34am CST
Nujevad wrote:
I agree, Meantime was the direction they should have gone with.

Go, CHRONO CONVOY (crappy fan recolor):
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871541)
Posted by Stormrider on January 22nd, 2009 @ 2:12am CST
I considered getting one of these until I saw the kiddy Tamaguchi feature.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871620)
Posted by Psychout on January 22nd, 2009 @ 7:54am CST
Wow, they need to work harder on those, they're craptacular.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871719)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 22nd, 2009 @ 12:18pm CST
Psychout wrote:Wow, they need to work harder on those, they're craptacular.

Yeah, it's a box that tells time that happens to have little arms and legs. Very unexciting.

Reminds me of a Proof-of-purchase mail-away item in the 80's.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871729)
Posted by Dead Metal on January 22nd, 2009 @ 12:31pm CST
DevastaTTor wrote:
Psychout wrote:Wow, they need to work harder on those, they're craptacular.

Reminds me of a Proof-of-purchase mail-away item in the 80's.

That sig is freaking hilarious!

Yea I was hoping I could buy a nice modern chronofrom watch but this is just tamagotchi crap.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871734)
Posted by Firebird on January 22nd, 2009 @ 12:45pm CST
Bumblebeast wrote:Is it metal ?

It looks like the robots body and limbs are made of brushed metal, as well as the watch band. But the "tray" that the bot fits into for watch mode appears to be plastic.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871755)
Posted by skeletal13 on January 22nd, 2009 @ 1:44pm CST
It looks like it could stand to be a little sturdier in watch mode, but I think it's a pretty cool update of Kronoform. The head mold looks almost exactly the same. Hopefully, they will add more detail before it's released.
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871792)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 22nd, 2009 @ 2:35pm CST
What an astounding marketing idea! Turn the original Kronoform design 90 degrees on it's mount, wait for another generation of consumers to come along and pray that the last generation of consumers doesn't crap all over the idea when they see it. All I have to say to the marketing dept. is..."How's that working out for ya?"
Re: New Images of Real Transformers Watches (871956)
Posted by Senor Hugo on January 22nd, 2009 @ 6:59pm CST
I gotta say, these suck, these suck something fierce.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY