New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Saturday, December 12th, 2020 5:43pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,208

Hasbro posted some new photos of their upcoming RED Bumblebee and Starscream. These are images of the actual product rather than the renders we saw the other day so they give you a better idea of the deco. We see that Starscream's coronation getup is entirely removeable as well.
What do you think of these figures? Will you be picking these up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Transformers News: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro

Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089753)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 12th, 2020 @ 5:57pm CST
My Bee display dosen't care about scale. So I'll be getting that Bee for sure if I see it at my local Walmart. As for that Starscream, it's an easy pass. I have plenty of Screamers that look like that.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089754)
Posted by william-james88 on December 12th, 2020 @ 6:02pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Sighhhhhhhhhh the ONE thing I was waiting on RED to do and they didn't. Why, why couldn't Starscream come with a gun mode Megatron? I have a Cobra Commander that NEEDS his Megatron.

Just wait till Kingdom Core Megatron, he comes with a Megatron in gun mode and will be cheaper than this RED Starscream.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089755)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 12th, 2020 @ 6:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

Really? So Megatron will be... playing with himself?
That so ridiculous and cool at the same time, Core Megs will be a sure buy for me!
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089759)
Posted by william-james88 on December 12th, 2020 @ 6:53pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Really? So Megatron will be... playing with himself?

It's the only good thing about him though (well headsculpt is good too but that alt mode, yeesh)

viewtopic.php?t=114784&p=2088530#p2088530
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089760)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on December 12th, 2020 @ 6:54pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:

If you have it, the gun-mode Megatron that comes with the Centurion Drone w/ weapons pack fits in CC’s hand, I’ve tried it before and although I’m not using it right now it looks amazing. ;)

It doesn't have the stock and looks far too blocky. They did a gun megs for the SDCC Joe/TF crossover Starscream that looks fantastic, I know these are smaller than 1/12 scale but I figured a gun Megs in this size would've worked.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089840)
Posted by Brokebot on December 13th, 2020 @ 4:47pm CST
I already have an Actionmaster Bumblebee. He's hanging from my Christmas tree.

It's like Hasbro is hellbent on saving me money. They release toy after toy that I have no interest in, and if there's any chance I might want something, they don't ship it to a store anywhere within 500 miles of me. Not sure if I should say "thanks" or "screw them." :-x
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089848)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on December 13th, 2020 @ 8:07pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:That Starscream look great but even this Screamers fanboy have no need for it. HOWEVER, that Bee is a MUST. That's a Bee that will be relatively be MP scale, 100% toon accurate, no gribbles and bulls, completely affordable. No need for MP-45 when this RED Bee exist. ;)^

Good point, but I'm wondering if they tried to do any "scaling" at all...

They didn't because that's not what this line is about. It's about giving you 6 inch non transforming figures of Transformers characters.

I get the overall premise of the line, however, it wouldn't exactly be shocking if they still charged $20 for R.E.D. figures that were only 4 inches tall.
It's going to look really odd for anyone who has a Bumblebee who is the same height as Prime, Megatron, Soundwave, etc.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089854)
Posted by william-james88 on December 13th, 2020 @ 8:23pm CST
Sowndwave76 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Good point, but I'm wondering if they tried to do any "scaling" at all...

Happening right now in the cyberverse line.

Plus, 4 inch BB in RED would still be way too big to scale with Prime.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089861)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on December 13th, 2020 @ 9:18pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Happening right now in the cyberverse line.

Plus, 4 inch BB in RED would still be way too big to scale with Prime.

I was about to say the same thing for the Cyberverse deluxe... Hey, and all the other classes as well.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2089863)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on December 13th, 2020 @ 9:23pm CST
william-james88 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Good point, but I'm wondering if they tried to do any "scaling" at all...

Happening right now in the cyberverse line.

Plus, 4 inch BB in RED would still be way too big to scale with Prime.

Totally, but my point was that I could see them making smaller RED figures (although scale wouldn't be accurate) and still charging $20/per.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2091648)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 5th, 2021 @ 6:01am CST
Maybe they will extend RED to have bigger figures like Marvel Legends thanos/power rangers monsters etc (which might be where metroplex or gestalts would come in) and if they do that then maybe GI joe classified can get some brutes too (not sure I'd want to spend £30 per gi joe extreme chararter but SGT savage would be a must).

kinda sucks having to buy faction stickers to put on official toys but at least arcee looks like she has room for one.Some inhand photos posted on tfw
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2091649)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 5th, 2021 @ 6:35am CST
I'll definitely be getting that Prime Arcee. :x
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092287)
Posted by william-james88 on January 10th, 2021 @ 3:15pm CST
The next two figures out in the Transforemrs RED series are Cheetor and Prime Arcee and Prime vs Prime has a review of these two. As you will see from the comparison shots (you can also see screencaps below), there is no attempt at any kind to scale. This is a uniform 6 inch action figure line and that's about it. While the Arcee looks great, the Cheetor leaves a lot to be desired especially with the face. We'll let you all be the judge of that of course, let us know what you think.

Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092289)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on January 10th, 2021 @ 3:47pm CST
Big "meh" on that Cheetor, but that Prime Arcee is a must have. :x
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092290)
Posted by Ultra Markus on January 10th, 2021 @ 4:09pm CST
the brown on his arms and helmet dont look right
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092306)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on January 10th, 2021 @ 6:29pm CST
And Cheetor's expression...I guess he made that particular face a few times on the show, but a happy, open-mouthed expression would be more appropriate for his character. It kind of looks like his helmet is painfully squishing it, or he's an evil relative of King Zarkon in disguise. Not feeling it, and I could see it shelfwarming bad enough to hurt the prospects of future non-transforming BW figures.

But Action Master Prime Arcee is a big red F-YEAH!
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092332)
Posted by blackeyedprime on January 11th, 2021 @ 6:07am CST
Definitely going for this over Kingdoms. I like how the back piece can be removed so that I can mod it to be set a bit lower. I might even snip the pylon things down a bit too, can't change the face but th easier to do than give Kingdoms/Netflix Cheetor a new everything. He should go okay next to MP Primal too as I'm skipping on Kingdoms Primal until a Burning repaint.

The scale on Arcee is more of a pain but I need a Prime Arcee and it might as well be her though I still might go for one of the old figures at some point too. RED Knockouts a likely purchase as the orig figure is a bit off looking.
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092333)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 11th, 2021 @ 6:28am CST
They really did not get Cheetor's colors right at all.

Arcee looks good, but again, they didn't get the colors right on her. pretty disappointed by that
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092384)
Posted by Dragma Kerp on January 11th, 2021 @ 3:51pm CST
I truly think those two are the only ones that are worth of getting from R.E.D.
Are they still store exclusive like OP, Megs and Soundwave?
Re: New Images of RED Bumblebee and Starscream from Hasbro (2092393)
Posted by william-james88 on January 11th, 2021 @ 5:47pm CST
Dragma Kerp wrote:I truly think those two are the only ones that are worth of getting from R.E.D.
Are they still store exclusive like OP, Megs and Soundwave?

You betcha!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY