New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode!

Transformers News: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode!

Monday, September 22nd, 2008 8:38AM CDT

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 26,065

Hot on the heels of yesterday's leak of Megatron's tank mode from Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, we now have two new images of what appears to be design sheets for the vehicle mode of a Megatron toy. The sheets showcase wheels under the tank treads and where the tank's gun should rotate.

See the images below:

***Spoilers***

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): Toywang, anonymous source
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792376)
Posted by olokin on September 22nd, 2008 @ 9:19am CDT
Interesting. . .
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792413)
Posted by Railspike on September 22nd, 2008 @ 10:56am CDT
hmm. That's... interesting. We'll see how this works out.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792417)
Posted by oldskooltf on September 22nd, 2008 @ 11:11am CDT
I'm mostly curious as to why his new alt. mode is still cybertronian instead of an earth mode.

One reason could be due to how they already had Brawl as a tank, but I'm more curious as to what the STORY/PLOT reason is.

Looks nice, though.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792436)
Posted by JayDee on September 22nd, 2008 @ 11:43am CDT
Cool... that seems to be a deluxe version (due to the size of the "performance wheels.") I wonder if there'll be a leader class version.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792437)
Posted by Autobot Firestorm on September 22nd, 2008 @ 11:44am CDT
Is this Wheeljack's work? Who else could raise him from the dead?
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792444)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 22nd, 2008 @ 12:01pm CDT
First, alien crap spaceship.

Now, alien crap tank.

No more, Optimus Prime! Grant us mercy, i beg of you!

Better just put that in the garbage.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792485)
Posted by YoImLegend on September 22nd, 2008 @ 12:33pm CDT
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792499)
Posted by TimPilot on September 22nd, 2008 @ 12:57pm CDT
Classic Unicron anyone ??

This looks like a pile of junk.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792630)
Posted by St. Even on September 22nd, 2008 @ 4:02pm CDT
My question is how does this one source continue to provide all of this secret information? It has been reported that some of the images he posted were removed at the request of Hasbro and Dreamworks. If this is true, how is he still able to “leak” pictures?

I don’t know . . . all of these pictures coming from the same person smells a little funny to me. I think this is all part of the planned misinformation campaign. I am not saying the images are fake, but I think the reason we are seeing them is planned.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792659)
Posted by Archanubis on September 22nd, 2008 @ 4:22pm CDT
Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792810)
Posted by Predaprince on September 22nd, 2008 @ 7:55pm CDT
Thunderscream wrote:Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

Find it hard to believe I had to scroll down long enough to see someone else say it, though.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (792960)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 23rd, 2008 @ 12:15am CDT
There will be no fun in Transformers anymore if Cybertronians wants to transform into alien-whatever-crap-vehimode.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793060)
Posted by SpacerAM2 on September 23rd, 2008 @ 7:43am CDT
The more I see the more my expectations keep falling to the ground.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793079)
Posted by Dachande on September 23rd, 2008 @ 8:16am CDT
Wow. Guess I'm in the minority of people who really like this design. The Cybertronian modes are more impressive and "alien" than yet another big tank ala Devistator/Brawl. Megatron is huge compared to the others, and an earth vehicle just wouldn't look as impressive or as frightening to humans as this design would.

The first thing I thought of when I saw it was the HK tanks from the Terminator movies.

Also, I agree about the Deluxe size theory. As for a Leader class version, it would only stand to reason that yes, a larger version would be made (maybe with working tracks?) since there are Voyagers of OP and Megs and a Deluxe of Brawl.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793144)
Posted by rpetras on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:28am CDT
Predaprince wrote:
Thunderscream wrote:Looks like they made a movie version of Armada Megatron.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

I like Armada Megs, I can dig this.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793146)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:30am CDT
If he's gonna stay Cybertronian, why the need to reformat into tank mode? And what's the extent of his capability to keep on reformatting into other kind of Cybertronian modes?

The jet should be more powerful and agile than a tank on the ground. Should this be considered a "downgrade"?

It's really going to be senseless if this alien tank thing pushes thru.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793294)
Posted by Grendel on September 23rd, 2008 @ 1:54pm CDT
meh, it's ok I guess
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793561)
Posted by oldskooltf on September 23rd, 2008 @ 7:29pm CDT
MatchTheyIgnite wrote:We know Megatron can't stand our planet, why would he want to look like something we made?

I was just thinking along the premise of "robots in disguise".

We know Megatron in the first movie had no time nor reason to disguise himself with "local camoflauge" like the other deceps did. So, I'm just wondering what the story line reason will be in TF: ROTF for why Megs doesn't choose an earth mode to "disguise" himself (that is... if these pics are really what he's going to become.)

I agree with the others who said that they're thinking of Armada Megatron. If this tank design is legit and the spoiler of those autobots doing that thing together that the other thread mentions (trying to stay vague in case you avoided it), then it definitely appears that elements of Armada/Energon/Cybertron are making it into this movie.

If it's cool and looks good on camera and doesn't totally go against the TF universe, then I'm all for it. 8)

(Funny how in the Transformers Universe, Megatron's alt mode keeps changing, but yet Optimus Prime, Starscream, and others do not. I just find that interesting when I step back and think about it.)
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793610)
Posted by Predaprince on September 23rd, 2008 @ 8:08pm CDT
Perhaps, this design is an "earth mode". It is a possible plot design to have this be a Top Secret tank that the government is working on and Megatron scans it.
Re: New Images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Megatron's Tank Mode! (793667)
Posted by Auto Bot on September 23rd, 2008 @ 9:39pm CDT
oldskooltf wrote:

I was just thinking along the premise of "robots in disguise".

I think they can't give Megatron a proper alt mode that really clicks. So he keeps on changing.

This problem started in G1, the gun mode.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Constructbots Bumblebee NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 27 minutes
JETFIRE SDCC 2017 Revolutions TRANSFORMERS GI JOE IDW Loose ACTION Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 30 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers Generations Deluxe Combiner Wars Dead End Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 20 hours 31 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS BEAST HUNTERS OPTIMUS PRIME WITH DRAGON ASSAULT TRUCK MODE - NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 16 hours 34 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS MEGATRON FIGURE - NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 4 days 18 hours 34 minutes 37 seconds
KAIYODO Revoltech Transformers Dark of the Moon Optimus Prime action figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 6 hours 36 minutes
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS DELUXE 30TH ANNIVERSARY WINDBLADE ACTION FIGURE - NEW! - Time Remaining: 7 days 10 hours 42 minutes 56 seconds
Titans Return Transformers Fortress Maximus Generations Action Figure 21" - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 44 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #186 - NYCC 2017