New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron

Friday, February 27th, 2009 8:26am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Skowl   Views: 81,000

Two new auctions have surfaced for the Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Optimus Prime and Megatron figures. These auctions showcase in-package images as well as our first look at the head sculpt for the Leader-class Megatron.

See the auction for Optimus Prime by clicking here.

See the auction for Megatron by clicking here.

UPDATE: More new images, including photos of both vehicle modes, can be seen on The-Arker.com by clicking here

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Prime & Megatron

Credit(s): yayabeee, eBay.com, The-Arker.com

This article was last modified on Friday, February 27th, 2009 12:58pm CST

Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890897)
Posted by Wheeljack144 on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:37am CST
well the head sculpt actually looks more like G1 megatron now.

Kinda like what they did in Animated.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890900)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:45am CST
Absolutely buying Megatron! This Prime mold, OTOH, not so sure about anymore. I know it's impossible to tell from pics, but the materials look pretty cheap. And those blue wings on his back look out of place, distractingly so.

I'll have to see him in person, but right now I might skip Leader Primet this time around.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890901)
Posted by culturemagnet on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:46am CST
why did they design Megatron to have teeth? I guess it's more sinister, but not realistic..
unless there's some energon-flavored chewing gum I've never heard about.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890902)
Posted by Dead Metal on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:47am CST
Megatron seriously needs movie accurate paint on his face it just looks weird and lame that way.
That PRime is almost movie accurate. I'm holding out for the premium versions for these.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890903)
Posted by D-340 on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:48am CST
Nice, these two just hit my "must buy" list.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890904)
Posted by Oilspill on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:52am CST
Looks like Soundwave just told Megatron the one about the yellow-headed Fembot.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890908)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on February 27th, 2009 @ 8:58am CST
Niiice on both counts. I'd like to see the back and sides of the box on Prime to see if it mentions any kind of combining feature with Jetfire.

I wonder if they are going to make a Voyager Megatron too like they did last time. If this Prime doesn't combine, I'll probably just stick with the Voyagers.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890910)
Posted by Immortal Starscream on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:00am CST
i would so buy megatron, but..... that gimp arm is just... ugg
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890914)
Posted by Solrac333 on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:04am CST
It says "Try Me" on Megatron's crotch.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890916)
Posted by typh0id on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:09am CST

omega666 wrote:It says "Try Me" on Megatron's crotch.

:twisted: That just made my day...and it's only 10am! :-P
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890926)
Posted by capellamusic on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:23am CST
typh0id wrote:Loving Megatron...Glad I skipped the first one...Will have to get Prime too to go with him...

omega666 wrote:It says "Try Me" on Megatron's crotch.

:twisted: That just made my day...and it's only 10am! :-P

LOL, good one! And I didn't notice it until I read omega's comment.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890934)
Posted by dragons on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:37am CST
ill be getting this prime this one is sleeker and better looking windows.

how do we know that there is going to be premium series someone once said if we hold for premuim we may not get it its 50/50 chance maybe the premium was just one time thing all we know.

it would be great if hasbro tells us if there is a premium series coming to the line so went wont be buiying 2 of the same figures like the last film & maybe theyll who is in & whos not in the premium series.

the ark must be pretty mad that megatrons head is exposed his head looks just like concept art versions with better detail from the first leader class megaton
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890941)
Posted by Agent 007 on February 27th, 2009 @ 9:54am CST
both will be mine! Does anybody know if megs is being released May 29th or does he come later?
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890944)
Posted by SJ21 on February 27th, 2009 @ 10:06am CST
The new Prime looks more movie-accurate than the first one. I am glad I missed the leader class from the first movie. I will be buying the new one. I don't think I will be buying another leader class Megatron though. One is enough for me.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890950)
Posted by Kryptikore on February 27th, 2009 @ 10:16am CST
This so far is a much better improvement over 07's leader class Megatron. I can't wait to find out about his misshapened left arm. I'm almost possitive that he was so damaged from the allspark that it was the best the Decepticons could do to revive him! That face: it's just awesome!
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890984)
Posted by First-Aid on February 27th, 2009 @ 11:00am CST
omega666 wrote:It says "Try Me" on Megatron's crotch.

Best. Post. Ever.

As for the figs, I'm not a big fan of the orange swords on Prime. I wish they would have stuck with the sword appearance from the premium version. As for Megs, he just looks badass. I can understand the so-called "gimp" arm if it is true and they rebuilt him from the parts of other bots (who may not necessarily be Megsy's size)...after all, that arm got blown off at some point in the last movie (watch when he gets dropped into the ocean...I seem to remember that anyways).
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890987)
Posted by FracturedKoi on February 27th, 2009 @ 11:04am CST
My only concern with the Revenge of the Fallen movie toys are these "mech-alive" bits and pieces.

How are these tiny little gears going to hold up over time?

Other than that, they look great! And Megatron really looks damn good!
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (890993)
Posted by Starfield on February 27th, 2009 @ 11:13am CST
If I didn't know better, I'd say Megatron looks downright happy.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (891006)
Posted by roll out on February 27th, 2009 @ 11:30am CST
Im going ot on a limb but i think those treads and feet are from brawl.
Re: New Images of ROTF Leader-Class Optimus Prime & Megatron (891017)
Posted by 009* on February 27th, 2009 @ 11:40am CST
So does this new Prime even have a gun?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Sideswipe Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Action Figure Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Ver. by.TakaraTomy" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG20 Skids" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS **KINGDOM WFC-K9 CYCLONUS NEW** VOYAGER CLASS GENERATIONS SIEGE" on EBAY
Buy "transformers combiner wars alpha bravo" on EBAY