New images of ROTF legends toys

New images of ROTF legends toys

Wednesday, January 28th, 2009 11:14am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 47,020

Four auctions have surfaced on eBay containing images with each of upcoming Legends size figures from the Transformers Revenge of The Fallen toy line. As you may or may not know, all of these figures seem to be entirely new and have no relation to the Legends class Optimus Prime or Bumblebee from 2007. Use these links to view each auction.

Springer
Jetfire
Optimus Prime
Bumblebee

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

And be sure to see the Transformers Revenge of The Fallen movie trailer this Sunday!

Credit(s): eBay

Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (874991)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:26am CST
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (874995)
Posted by heltskelt on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:27am CST
I'm pretty sure i won't be buying this movie's figures, save for maybe some of the legends. I still don't like the aesthetics... and Jetfire looks like a Spawn figure.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (874998)
Posted by Nekoman on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:29am CST
tigertracks 24 wrote:Jetfire has such an ugly bot mode. The alt mode is awesome though. And no combining directions, so Legends look like they are not supposed to combine (Jetfire and Prime that is).

On the other hand, there's still this.Image
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875001)
Posted by Southpawpartner on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:37am CST
deffinatly getting Jetifre, maybe Prime. im not sure. Springer.....perhaps. Bumblebee, slag no.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875007)
Posted by YRQRM0 on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:48am CST
I can't get over the horror of Jetfire's robot mode. Compared to the Armada Jetfire I knew growing up, it looks like it was pulled out of the garbage. I HOPE he does something cool in the movie to distract from the sheer ugliness of him. They managed to do that with Starscream at least in the first movie, I thought they did a pretty cool job with him in the movie, although I hated his chicken legs.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875015)
Posted by Solrac333 on January 28th, 2009 @ 11:55am CST
I won't be getting these.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875024)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:03pm CST
Springer is interesting but I just won't be buying any of the legends, movie figures.

I just hope that Jetfire has a deluxe or leader that does him justice (or my G1 Jetfire will have to hunt Bay and the production designers down and kick some ass).
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875031)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:09pm CST
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875038)
Posted by Tigertrack on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:20pm CST
Caelus wrote:I'm not going to write Jetfire off on the basis of a Legends figure - with a few exceeptions, they aren't exactly the best visual representations of their characters.

Optimus Prime wrote:"Overreaction is the right of all Transformers fans."
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875060)
Posted by Crossfire on January 28th, 2009 @ 12:58pm CST
Does springer have HANDS?! From the back of the package, it looks like the props flip over to the side.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875095)
Posted by Valandar on January 28th, 2009 @ 2:14pm CST
Prime and Springer look decent.

Bumblebee looks like the old mold (i.e., not for me).

Jetfire... blargh.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875101)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 28th, 2009 @ 2:24pm CST
Prime looks good, so does Springer but im renaming him and Jetfire sucks.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875143)
Posted by SolCross on January 28th, 2009 @ 3:27pm CST
I think I'll wait on Jetfire as well. They're all rough interpretations of the actual characters, so I'm sure he's not quite as disappointing as his Legends class figure.

I'm sure...I'm sure.... :-(

And maybe they're trying to keep the Optimus/Jetfire powerlink a secret for now. Well, at least a secret from the general public.

Springer makes me excited, though, even if he's not in the movie.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875220)
Posted by First-Aid on January 28th, 2009 @ 6:13pm CST

Agreed. I've never seen a Legends figure that held a candle to even deluxes, let alone the inevitable Leader class coming. I also think that Jetfire's robot mode is oddly appropriate, especially if it turns out he's a very fast bot. It's a scientific fact that so-called "reverse joint" legs provide better speed and reflexes...that's why so many animals have them....

...what was i talking about?.. :???:
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875223)
Posted by SolCross on January 28th, 2009 @ 6:16pm CST
Jetfire: The First Maximal.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875273)
Posted by Craven Knight on January 28th, 2009 @ 8:26pm CST
What a load of rubbish, the movie asthetic just doesn't work at this scale.

The recent classics legends are infinantely better.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875327)
Posted by KingLionForce on January 28th, 2009 @ 10:47pm CST
Geesh, Jetfire looks like a freaking bug, or more like a Bionicle. Hasbro should make him into a voyager class and then I might get him just for the weird looks.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875332)
Posted by Bumblebeast on January 28th, 2009 @ 10:52pm CST
None of those will be added to my vast and ever-growing collection.
Re: New images of ROTF legends toys (875366)
Posted by spiritofcat on January 29th, 2009 @ 12:22am CST
I like that this prime has so little kibble. It's a good transformation scheme.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY