New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"

New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"

Monday, April 6th, 2009 5:51pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Collectables, Auctions
Posted by: DavidT   Views: 48,306

New images of "Revenge of the Fallen" Scalpel aka "The Doctor" have been posted by Ebay user Yayabeee. Below are just a few of the images he has posted. You can find the complete image gallery created by Yayabeee on his Ebay auction at the link below:

http://cgi.eBay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0330108172

New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"
New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor"

Stay Tuned to Seibertron.com for the Latest News & Information!

Credit(s): Yayabeee, Ebay

Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907329)
Posted by Savage on April 6th, 2009 @ 6:06pm CDT
Well, recolor me red and call me Perceptor! :P
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907335)
Posted by Wheeljack144 on April 6th, 2009 @ 6:14pm CDT
well...the alt mode looks excellent anyway.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907352)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 6th, 2009 @ 6:41pm CDT
100% pure, unadulterated FAIL.
Hmm, that altmode would make a good base for a R.O.B. custom, provided I glue the panels shut so that the god-forsaken hellspawn in unable to transform ever again.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907353)
Posted by capellamusic on April 6th, 2009 @ 6:43pm CDT
G1 Perceptor was much better than this strange thing and it was a "working microscope" with a bit of magnification. This looks too weird and doesn't seem to have any basic microscope funtionality since the decepticon symbol is on the lenses. For me the toys are getting worse. I love the G1s and their detail, use of diferent materials (rubber, etc.), and how they looked more like collectibles than toys. I really don't like most of the newer toys. I think that even for kids they're disapointing. I'm not talking about Masterpieces of course, those are perfect.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907356)
Posted by Psychout on April 6th, 2009 @ 6:57pm CDT
I like this, it looks evil.

I cant wait to see what it looks like when animated. :twisted:
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907366)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 6th, 2009 @ 7:37pm CDT
Yeah for a transformer its an epic fail. Now if this were terminator it would kinda be cool. Yeah ill probably pass.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907370)
Posted by i_amtrunks on April 6th, 2009 @ 7:52pm CDT
Alt mode is very nice, too bad about the robot mode.

I would love it if the whole movie had a twist ending where Scalpel was the Decepticon leader.... :P
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907384)
Posted by Covenant on April 6th, 2009 @ 8:27pm CDT
I feel like his little arms are giving me the finger.

Crap robot btw, like any of the other Short Circuit/bugtastic/Wall-E amalgamations pending for this line/movie. Its little bs designs like that that suddenly make me long for more Starscreams, Blackouts and Barricades design-wise.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907385)
Posted by Diem on April 6th, 2009 @ 8:30pm CDT
I like it. I love how much new stuff they're trying for this movie.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907434)
Posted by El Duque on April 6th, 2009 @ 10:31pm CDT
I'm pretty open to new concepts, but this guy's bot mode just looks awful.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907444)
Posted by Automaton_Avalon on April 6th, 2009 @ 10:49pm CDT
I don't see what's so terrible about him. I think it's a really innovative look for a transformer. It seem like people flip a shit when the robot mode doesn't have two arms, two legs, and a head like they're used to. I'm a big fan of the demolishor toy and I happen. Scalpel. I'll probably pick him up.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907451)
Posted by Bumblebeast on April 6th, 2009 @ 11:20pm CDT
I'd pay up to 4 bucks for it and that's all. However i'll demand my Happy Meal too.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907456)
Posted by OmarJT82 on April 6th, 2009 @ 11:23pm CDT
I've been thinking:

The first movie showed us that smaller Transformers are partnered with larger Transformers (Frenzy/Barricade& Scorponok/Blackout). Perhaps for ROTF, Scalpel is partnered with a larger Transformer and my guess is that it's Sideways.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907488)
Posted by karellan on April 7th, 2009 @ 6:54am CDT
Based on what we've seen of this guy in promotional pics from the movie, this actually looks surprisingly movie-accurate. Much better than the Frenzy toys from the last movie. Ya gotta give 'em credit for that.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907489)
Posted by heltskelt on April 7th, 2009 @ 7:01am CDT
I looks like Johnny 5 was impregnated by a face-hugger. If the scale is small enough, i'll get it. The alt mode looks flawless, and the robot mode is not that awful. A note to those that keep on beating the "it's not G1, they're supposed to be aliens, so stop yer whinin'!" drum: it's not that they're not even remotely close to their G1 counterparts, it's that they're just plain ugly. Yeah, "ugly" by Earth standards (only ones i know). They're not that alien looking as you all argue. Optimus blinks, Megatron has teeth, Jetfire has a cane, and they mostly have two arms and a head that has eyes and a mouth that moves in order to pronounce words (that alone is the ridiculous). Yeah, they're trying to stray from the humanoid form by having them roll on one wheel here or walk in four legs there, but they still look humanoid... with a bionicle twist. Yeah, i didn't like the first movie, not because it wasn't G1, but because it is a pretty crappy plot with all efforts on eye candy. I'm trying not to put too much hope on this one, but who am i kidding: Devastator!!! Whooo!!
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907513)
Posted by huffer2009 on April 7th, 2009 @ 8:41am CDT
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907577)
Posted by Starscreams bad comedy on April 7th, 2009 @ 11:43am CDT
What the hell is this crap? WALL-E with spiders legs?

[-(

Do not want.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907672)
Posted by Rated X on April 7th, 2009 @ 3:40pm CDT
Kind of geeky. Looks like the cellphone transformer from part one. Dont think ill be getting this one unless it comes free with a bigger figure...
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907680)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 7th, 2009 @ 3:59pm CDT
I don't like it. It looks like the robot that's gpnna fall down and make high-pitched noises to make 3 yr. olds giggle. LAME

My geuss is this appears in Sam's physics class or something, becuse Sam has the fragment thing.
Re: New Images of ROTF Scalpel aka "The Doctor" (907689)
Posted by Burn on April 7th, 2009 @ 4:28pm CDT
Who do we shoot for unoriginality?

The toy designers for the Johnny-5 look or the writers for watching too much Doctor Who? :?

Dear Armada Sideswipe, I do hereby apologise for years of claiming you to be one of the most ugliest and worthless TF toys in existence, you are an amazing figure compared to this.

Sincerely,

Burn.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers G1 Walmart retro Headmasters Wave 1 set of 4 Brainstorm Mindwipe!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Headmaster Reissue Hardhead Chromedome Brainstorm Mindwipe Set of 4" on EBAY
Buy "** 2014 - WINDCHARGER Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class **" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Headmaster Skullcruncher" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION DELUXE DINOBOT SLUG NEW IN BOX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron: Generation One Collection Grimlock." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Deluxe DINOBOT SLUDGE Figure Hasbro 2017" on EBAY