New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

Saturday, May 23rd, 2009 12:49pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 8,756

New images of the SGCollect project exclusive Drift have been posted showing a resin detail of the work in progress figure. The images give us a good look at the head detail with legs and swords.

New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive

The figure is slated to be an exclusive for a Transformers convention to be held in the July/August 2009 timeframe and is said to be limited to 300 pieces.

Credit(s): SG Collect

Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925548)
Posted by Mkall on May 23rd, 2009 @ 1:53pm CDT
Shame, he looks awesome too. Guess I won't be able to get one.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925552)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2009 @ 2:03pm CDT
Wonder which con it's for?
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925576)
Posted by AdventPrime on May 23rd, 2009 @ 3:01pm CDT
Isn't SGCollect the same one that f***ed up Ultra Magnus' head?
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925618)
Posted by Blurrz on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:09pm CDT
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925623)
Posted by First Gen on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:19pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Drift is one of the best comic TFs ever. This is frigging awesome. I'd go to this Convention, just for this...

I'd say something, but its too easy........ :twisted:
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925625)
Posted by Blurrz on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:22pm CDT
First Gen wrote:

I'd say something, but its too easy........ :twisted:

Meanie :P
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925626)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:25pm CDT
Really annoys me that Hasbro isn't releasing him in the Universe line.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925629)
Posted by First Gen on May 23rd, 2009 @ 4:27pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:
First Gen wrote:

I'd say something, but its too easy........ :twisted:

Meanie :P

But by you saying that, I think you now "get it". This sucker does look pretty sweet, but man, at 300 pieces its gonna be like pulling healthy teeth to get one.

Can't wait to see the completed version now.

El Duque wrote:Really annoys me that Hasbro isn't releasing him in the Universe line.

Hey bro, don't get mad yet. In TF lore Drift is still an embryo. Only us hardcore fans really know about him. Let the word get out, that may change.

I mean, remember those Wheelie and Cyclonus kits that were out a while ago? Heavy demand and BAM! We get Universe versions.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925674)
Posted by El Duque on May 23rd, 2009 @ 5:59pm CDT
My annoyance comes from the fact that we were told he would get a figure then they jerked the rug out from under us. I never would have expected him to get figure otherwise. Oh well if this looks good enough I may fork out the riduculous amount of cash it will cost to aquire one, it's never stopped me before if I really wanted something.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925776)
Posted by Diem on May 23rd, 2009 @ 9:57pm CDT
El Duque wrote:My annoyance comes from the fact that we were told he would get a figure then they jerked the rug out from under us.

Maybe I'm misrembering, but didn't it go something like this:

IDW:Yeah, Hasbro are totally going to make a Drift figure.
HASBRO: Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (925827)
Posted by Mkall on May 24th, 2009 @ 1:01am CDT
Diem wrote:Maybe I'm misrembering, but didn't it go something like this:

IDW:Yeah, Hasbro are totally going to make a Drift figure.
HASBRO: Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

My rememberance is something like:
IDW:Yeah, Hasbro are totally going to make a Drift figure.
Hasbro: Huh? Who told you that?
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (926031)
Posted by T-Macksimus on May 24th, 2009 @ 2:39pm CDT
I seem to remember a little more commitment (initially) from Hasbro towards IDW and THEN Hasbro backed out before they were trapped in a position where they would actually have to follow through on any promise to the fans. Typical Hasbro crap, pull something like that and then pin it on someone else.
This model kit is the closest we are ever going to come to this figure so enjoy the pics. while you can folks. Hasbro wont give it to us and I dont forsee FP or any other 3rd party group hanging in there long enough to produce one either. Box up the stuff you have folks cause this hobby/obsession of ours is rapidly going down the crapper.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (926297)
Posted by Diem on May 25th, 2009 @ 2:07am CDT
T-Macksimus wrote: Typical Hasbro crap, pull something like that and then pin it on someone else.

Um...when did they do that before? I've never known Hasbro to promise to make a figure and not go through with it. Maybe they said something like "We'd like to consider making a Drift figure in the future" or "We'd be interested in adding the figure to the Universe line" and IDW or IDW fans drew their own conclusions.
T-Macksimus wrote:Box up the stuff you have folks cause this hobby/obsession of ours is rapidly going down the crapper.
Really? Between Universe, Masterpiece and Alternity it seems like a really good time to be an old-school fan.
Re: New Images of SGCollects Drift Exclusive (926359)
Posted by ChrisR291 on May 25th, 2009 @ 9:07am CDT
Diem wrote:

well... I dunno if they promised this figure but that Shockwave a couple of years ago looked pretty sweet and didn't get released. The Seacons were suppose to be a walmart exclusive and then it turned into a convention exclusive. I can't think of anymore......

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Overlord Decepticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers RID Mini-Con Deployer Jetstorm For Blizzard Strike Drift" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SHATTER SS 40 Studio Series from the Bumblebee Movie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie 6 Bumblebee Energon Igniters Bumblebee + shatter--new" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY