New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Sunday, April 11th, 2021 1:48pm CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 60,944

Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, Aronjlove, we've learned that the folks over at the Vector Sigma Facebook page have dropped a Bombshell, our first peek at the forthcoming Transformers Studio Series 86 Leader Class Slag and Daniel!

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Slag, following Grimlock before him, looks extremely accurate to the G1 cartoon. Daniel seems to be another non-transforming addition to the figure like Wheelie with Grimlock, but that could be proven otherwise the more we get to see of the figure. Hopefully an official reveal us in our future.

Update:

Thanks to the intrepid efforts of fellow Seibertron user, Mindmaster, we now have a better photo showing off Daniel!

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked

Do you like what you see here?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Vector Sigma Facebook page

This article was last modified on Sunday, April 11th, 2021 2:03pm CDT

Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101346)
Posted by Optimutt on April 11th, 2021 @ 1:52pm CDT
What!?!

OMG! Yes. All of the YES! Bought on sight.
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101347)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT
I hope they do the other 3 as leaders !!!!! They can pack Carly with Swoop !!!!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101348)
Posted by Bombshell0001 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:02pm CDT
Mbaybe Chip Chase with Snarl .
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101349)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:03pm CDT
HELLS YES!!!!!!!!!!

In dino mode the rear legs are a little thin, but you can tell the reason is so that they would tuck away into the lower sections of the bot legs.
Overall, that is glorious!!!!!!!!

The robot mode is so good!! Red face and head!!!!
So excited about this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101350)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:04pm CDT
Updated news post with new photo of Daniel
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101351)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:07pm CDT
It's a shame the pack-in figures seem to be defaulting to a bent-knee posture but with how good the main figure is I ain't complaining. Grimlock was a buy on site and so is Slag. Very happy they are using leader class for them all. Can't wait to see the rest!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101352)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:08pm CDT
Bombshell0001 wrote:I hope they do the other 3 as leaders !!!!! They can pack Carly with Swoop !!!!

As much as people have said Swoop could be a voyager, I hope he's a leader... A large dino mode for him would be awesome... Plus then he won't look like a Dinobot Jr. in bot mode.
The more I think about it, the more it will be a really tremendous letdown if he ends up being a voyager.
And if "plastic distribution" is an issue, I say pack in a couple of the swords with him.
I'd also consider that with either of the 2 others; which ever Hastak feels is the less popular, pack in 3 swords and a handful of blast effects (if they're not going to include a human figure); helps both justify the price, and helps makes the figure a little more appealing!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101353)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101354)
Posted by jtanimator on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:15pm CDT
YESSSSSSSSSS AHAHAHAH THIS IS BEAUTIFUL! As someone who doesn't really love the G1 Slag design, I'm just SO hyped that they seem to be giving us the rest of the Dinobots IN LEADER CLASS SCALE. That is simply EPIC. I can imagine them doing Swoop as a larger Voyager closer to Cyclonus's height to make more sense of their budget, and I'm totally good with that.
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101355)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:16pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:For me, they don't even need to pack in anything and I'll buy a leader Swoop. I don't normally worry about scale so much but these are shaping up to be the definitive take for me on the Dinobots. Leader-class for them all!

Absolutely... If they each came with their gun and sword, I'd still happily pay $50 per.
Was just thinking that even with long wings, Swoop may not use as much plastic.
If they run out of human/small character ideas for pack-in's, swords would be an easy add-in!!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101356)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:17pm CDT
YESSSSS FINALLYYYY
He looks good! I did notice the thin hind legs but his Dino mode looks pretty solid and he looks extra thicc in bot mode! Even makes grimmy look a little small which is perfect because I was going to put the rest of the dinobots with MP Grimlock anyways
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101357)
Posted by aronjlove on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:18pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Was just thinking that even with long wings, Swoop may not use as much plastic.

One can never have enough swords!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101358)
Posted by Razorbeast88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:20pm CDT
I see his gun stores to be part of his tail, pretty cool
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101359)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:27pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Was just thinking that even with long wings, Swoop may not use as much plastic.

One can never have enough swords!

Only problem there is the swords don't make sense as part of the Studio Series 86 line ;) (neither does carly or chip chase as they never appeared in the movie)

Now if only there was some line that would be ripe for an accessory pack like toy accurate swords...some Selective line,wonder if there's anything like that where you could select to buy it if you cared enough?

:-?

;)
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101360)
Posted by Spider5800 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:29pm CDT
This looks pretty good! Although I gotta admit, I prefer the black head to the red one. I know this is more accurate to the movie, and what with this being Studio Series, of course they're going to imitate that look, but I hope they have an alt version at some point that matches his toy and comic appearances.

Now for the real question...are they going to actually release him as Slag? Or will he be renamed Slug again?
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101361)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:30pm CDT
aronjlove wrote:
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Was just thinking that even with long wings, Swoop may not use as much plastic.

One can never have enough swords!

Haha, yes!!

This is also once again a reminder--
Even though this isn't an MP (and barring any major QC issues), this looks incredibly well done.
Sure, this is under the SS86 banner... But this is an example of what Hastak can do.
Not to mention, they are making some (not all, but some) really good decisions...
I would've been so annoyed if the other 4 were made at voyager class size...
These characters ARE huge! They're supposed to tower over OP, Megatron, Soundwave, etc.
So good for us that these are happening, and sure, good for them; pretty sure these will make them some money.

Also, thanks AaronJ for sharing the news!!
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101362)
Posted by MadProject on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:34pm CDT
Sowndwave76 wrote:

Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101364)
Posted by Notimus Crime on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:39pm CDT
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand there's another bought on sight Dinobot. I've never been a fan of cartoon Slag's red head, but as with Grimlock's visor being blue it's not that big of a deal to me and I understand it's accurate to the version they're going for. Really hoping we get the rest of these bad boys in leader scale (and also some swords would be nice at some point).
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101368)
Posted by Sowndwave76 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:54pm CDT
MadProject wrote:My guess is that he'll be tall voyager-size (like Cyclonus, for example) but he'll be sold at Leader class price point because he'll have, like Hot Rod, more accessories, like the swords for the other dinobots.

As much as I want him to be leader class, I know there's a chance he'll be a large voyager...
First, he did have a more trim appearance in bot mode... It would look really odd of he's as buff-looking as the others.
But I do think it's possible to make him legit leader class, simply because of his wings.
Considering he shouldn't be scrawny, proportionally the wings should be really big.
And again, if they're wanting to sell him at Leader Class price point and need some "filler", I think somebody, maybe a couple people, have mentioned packing in multiple swords. ;)

Here's a question... IF SS86 is going to continue into 2022 (and maybe beyond?), who will be next?
Snarl, Sludge, or Swoop? Also, if they're only going to release 2 leader class figs per year, is one an exclusive, or is one (Swoop) a voyager?
Thoughts?
Re: New Images of Studio Series 86 Slag Leaked (2101369)
Posted by william-james88 on April 11th, 2021 @ 2:54pm CDT
If anyone wants a head start on preorders, he's a available on Amazon
https://www.seibertron.com/transformers ... der/45833/

Question for you all, was swoop significantly shorter than the other Dinobots?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Shattered Glass Combiner Wars Ratchet BotCon 2016 repro stickers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom Cyclonus - War for Cybertron Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures Deluxe Class Grimlock Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Cyberverse Commander ULTRA MAGNUS UK STOCK NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Star Hammer Wheel Jack Cyberverse UK Stock NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Limited DOUBLE PUNCH / Botcon Japan 98 Takara" on EBAY
Buy "Botcon 2008 Transformers Attendee Exclusive Shattered Glass Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Spinister" on EBAY