New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers

New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers

Saturday, August 1st, 2020 1:27am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 29,481

Fellow Seibertronian -WonkoTheSane- has reached out to us to let us know of these cool new images of Studio Series Leadfoot. For those wanting this toy, it will be available at Target later this year. While an online preorder was available, there were no purchasing limits and the listing was sold out in a matter of minutes.

But more should be available when he is released in the fall and Target is the only US retailer getting the stock dedicated for US distribution.

-WonkoTheSane- wrote:The official Takara Tomy Twitter page has posted new in-hand photos of the upcoming Studio Series Leadfoot.
Comparisons were also included of the other two Wreckers next to Leadfoot.
Also included was a short message.

Message, (Translated)
" Heavy, large, departure, table! /
After all three Wreckers are all together!
That's why we are releasing the studio series "Leadfoot"!
The reservation will start a little later, but please wait for more information!"

Transformers News: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers

Credit(s): Takara PR

Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074514)
Posted by First-Aid on August 1st, 2020 @ 11:31am CDT
I'm so disappointed that I missed out on this guy. He looks really good! :-( :-( :-(
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074516)
Posted by Deadput on August 1st, 2020 @ 11:37am CDT
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074527)
Posted by First-Aid on August 1st, 2020 @ 11:58am CDT
Deadput wrote:Regardless of the films themselves, I don't think anyone can argue that the Movie Wreckers are not probably some of the absolute coolest and unique things that have come from the franchise in general.

Seconded. If you think about it, we got a ton of really unique ideas from the live action movies: wheels for feet, having no legs at all, different and unique body structures that went out of the norm for previous Transformers.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074532)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on August 1st, 2020 @ 12:22pm CDT

Agreed. While I prefer IDW's treatment of the Wreckers story-wise, A special heavily armed squad of foul mouthed/tempered, Armored (officially licensed) NASCAR cars was a pretty interesting idea.
Plus the designs look really cool.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074535)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2020 @ 12:32pm CDT
On the other hand, one could make a case for their designs (Leadfoot's especially) being a tad stereotypical in that they're beer-bellied redneck mechanics who turn into NASCAR cars. Though, strangely, they were given mock Australian accents rather than Southern American accents to complete the depiction.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074537)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on August 1st, 2020 @ 12:39pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Fun fact.
In the Canadian French dub, the Wreckers talked in QUÉBÉCOIS! ;)
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074547)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 1st, 2020 @ 2:49pm CDT
h, I want Leadfoot so damned badly! I missed out on every other version of the guy. I want one complete set of the movie Wreckers.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074560)
Posted by william-james88 on August 1st, 2020 @ 5:11pm CDT

I cant form an opinion on characters that have less than 2 minutes of footage.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074563)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on August 1st, 2020 @ 5:17pm CDT
The Wreckers are looking great together! Hopefully getting Leadfoot isn't a big problem.

Speaking of Wreckers, I just finished painting SS Roadbuster! Had a blast painting it, and I'm really excited to paint the others now.

I just hope they get here soon, because I think Prime's getting impatient.
Tangled.jpg
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074565)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2020 @ 5:20pm CDT
Aah! Cables! My one weakness!

:P
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074576)
Posted by Slashercon on August 1st, 2020 @ 8:09pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

All of what you described could be traced back to Beast Machines. Obsidian, Strika, Thrust, and Jetstorm would all fall under the "wheels for feet, having no legs at all, different and unique body structures" categories. I will make note that while I prefer the more "traditional" and recognizable looks of the bots and cons from Bumblebee, there are certain movie-verse designs that also fall into those categories that I kinda like, most notably Demolisher/Scavenger and Sideswipe.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074577)
Posted by First-Aid on August 1st, 2020 @ 8:15pm CDT
Slashercon wrote:
First-Aid wrote:

Let's notnfoeget that the movies gave us the 8-bot combiner, as well as Arcee and her sisters. I wish the sisters had gotten more screen time. I also wish we had gotten to see their rumored combined form as well. Oh, and let's mostly forget about two bots combining to a single vehicle POS mode.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074593)
Posted by LinaNui on August 2nd, 2020 @ 12:17am CDT
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074595)
Posted by Tuned Agent on August 2nd, 2020 @ 1:12am CDT
LinaNui wrote:So I was at a Target store yesterday, and in the transformer section they had a peg that was labeled tra gen leadfoot, or something along the lines of that. I wonder if this means they will be showing up sooner rather than later. The store had just finished resetting the toy sections and did not have the new stock yet. I wish I was closer to it, an hour drive 1 way, so I could check more.

That would make sense given the recent sale. I hope Leadfoot shows up soon, he looks really good with the other Wreckers.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074621)
Posted by Deadput on August 2nd, 2020 @ 10:05am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I cant form an opinion on characters that have less than 2 minutes of footage.

Characters don't need a whole movie to themselves to make them standout, they had a unique theme and designs to go with them (in context of the TF franchise itself) and these Wreckers being a squad of engineers makes them a version of the Wreckers who are not just "really mean soldiers".

Some characters are just secondary characters, Transformers included.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074649)
Posted by dragons on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:33pm CDT
First-Aid wrote:

Probably good thing fans don’t make movies we would have never had bots look realistic if fans had say what bots look like they look very cartoony less realistic big blocky LEGO looking fans be giving bots human faces aliens from another planet who never made contact with humans until they went to earth that makes sense ., prime in truck mode end of bumblebee look very cartoony unrealistic all my life I never saw red semi truck with white stripe on cab.,

Movies did do unbelievable took people who never like transformers and turned them into transformers fans and both sequels made billion back to back two good things be proud of.,

Figures look good I like wreckers and twins even though transformers movies does feel like bumblebee movie at times always showing bumblebee more than other bots
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074653)
Posted by Deadput on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:41pm CDT
It's not about what "looks realistic" it was always about making designs that look good on screen, the only people who cared that things looked like G1 were the existing fans, the general audience didn't care because it did not matter at the time, and to a degree it still doesn't matter all that much.

The movies were more at fault with not being "good movies" then designs not being on point, if they were good there would be a lot of fans of most of the Movie designs. (look at all the fans of the movie designs who do exist regardless of how bad the films were)

It's not like there was that much precedence at the time for going with G1 like designs up at that point, I don't quite remember if Classics was before/during/after the first movie but even they were taking liberties with designs.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074656)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:44pm CDT
Classics was the filler line between Cybertron and the 07 Movie line
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074663)
Posted by Deadput on August 2nd, 2020 @ 3:55pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Classics was the filler line between Cybertron and the 07 Movie line

Thanks, I was about 9 I think at the time so the Classics, 2007 and Transformers Animated line blurred a bit for me.

Ah back in the day when the prices were a tad more reasonable.
Re: New Images of Studio Series Leadfoot next to his fellow Wreckers (2074681)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 2nd, 2020 @ 5:34pm CDT
Deadput wrote:

Ah back in the day when the prices were a tad more reasonable.

That's rising costs for you (+inflation). I think we'd all love for the prices to have stayed that level, but sadly we would be getting even less for our money unless all the costs on Hasbro side stayed the same.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY