New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron

New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron

Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 1:35am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 31,653

Another scoop comes from the blog of Cybergundam. Scans of Figure Oh! Issue 148 reveals new stock images of the 2010 Campaign, Toy Hobby Market exclusive, and the Dark Lord of Transformers - Unicron. The pictures show that Unicron has a much more subtle light orange plastic. There's also a mug shot of the figure's new head. Pre-order period for the figure will be from early June till July 4th. It's a late September release, at the price of 10,500 Yen.

You'll find the rest of the scans, including advertisements for Sleep Convoy and Disney Label Buzz Lightyear here.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Cybergundam

This article was last modified on Saturday, May 22nd, 2010 1:37am CDT

Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077352)
Posted by Dead Metal on May 22nd, 2010 @ 1:36am CDT
Ya see I told ya the legs weren't black.
And this pic makes him look even more glorious!
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077357)
Posted by Mkall on May 22nd, 2010 @ 1:58am CDT
That is so worth the money.

I'll sell off armada unicron for about 30-40 bucks to make this price hurt a little less.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077361)
Posted by goshjosh95 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 2:29am CDT
Dead Metal wrote:Ya see I told ya the legs weren't black.
And this pic makes him look even more glorious!

You were totally right... now I'm completely sold on it.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077364)
Posted by City Commander on May 22nd, 2010 @ 2:38am CDT
Yeesh, £80 before shipping for him! He is a beauty though, good job I'ma working all summer!
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077369)
Posted by Prime Riblet on May 22nd, 2010 @ 3:34am CDT
Thanks for posting this thread-this pic if way better than the other one. The other made the legs look straight up Black. I am happy to see that they aren't. I'm still not buying this, but it does look better.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077371)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 3:39am CDT
Just double checked BBTS, couldn't remember if I ordered 2 or not. I did. Looking forward to this handsome devil. I wonder how Dead End will look. We haven't seen him yet have we?
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077376)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 22nd, 2010 @ 3:47am CDT
This would have been perfect if they removed the stupid light up hand gimmic. I will still be picking it up though. Seeing Unicron designed this way makes me wonder why this wasn't done for the Universe release. The price is worth it this time. My trade off will be not buying Sleep Convoy. MP Rodimus (please) will be hard to pass on though.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077389)
Posted by Tigertrack on May 22nd, 2010 @ 4:54am CDT
Looks good to me. Can't wait to add him to the collection.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077398)
Posted by Zeds on May 22nd, 2010 @ 5:55am CDT
If the figure does not do it for you (which it does for me) the box art will be complete awesomesauce! FYI...BBTS has 196 of these left to pre-order and another online store only 21. Sure to sell out now.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077403)
Posted by HighPrime on May 22nd, 2010 @ 6:11am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077405)
Posted by Diem on May 22nd, 2010 @ 6:18am CDT
HighPrime wrote:Looking much better. I liked the previous 'high contrast' images, but these are more to my liking. Looked like Halloween candy, before.

In Soviet Russia, candy eats you(r planet)!
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077407)
Posted by Jenus on May 22nd, 2010 @ 6:30am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077413)
Posted by Amelie on May 22nd, 2010 @ 6:56am CDT
:sad: Why do I have to be broke!

Anyone wanna buy a kidney or a lung? ;)
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077414)
Posted by HighPrime on May 22nd, 2010 @ 7:03am CDT
Jenus wrote:I wonder if I should risk not pre-ordering this big guy and just waiting for a price drop. The only thing about this is I could miss him and I don't want that, it's just too many times have I bought a figure and there is a big price drop and it ticks me off. So does anyone think Unicron will sell out quickly?

What I do for figures I suspect I'll be able to pay less for, is keep a tab on the inventory at BBTS. If the item drops below 10, I preorder. Continue to keep tabs though. A lot of times BBTS just raises their 'pre-order' order. One example is MP-04S Sleep Convoy. When it gets low enough, they add more to be purchased. By my estimation, they are buying in the neighborhood of 15-18% of the total 2010 figures to be released. If they don't raise it on Unicron, it's safe to say this will be in tight supply.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077427)
Posted by dragons on May 22nd, 2010 @ 8:24am CDT
:lol: well unlike aramada & enrgon unicron at least the glow hand doesnt stand out that much both white so thats good this version right hand alsmot perfectly blends right if i do get unicron this would be one
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077435)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 22nd, 2010 @ 8:48am CDT
Any chance this will get an American release? Possible not. But, eh, worth a shot. :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077446)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 22nd, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
I will say this again:
Sabrblade wrote:Dear Hasbro,

Please, please, please put this in the Generations line. :PRAY: :PRAY: :PRAY: We know that you already rereleased the Armada color-schemed figure in the Universe 2008 line, but this is a pure money-maker and will sell like hotcakes! Fans LOVE this kind of stuff and will buy it. Seeing as how much of a winner the Animated Arcee figure was, then this would undoubtly be a gold mine!

Signed,
The Fans

:-B
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077465)
Posted by DTR69 on May 22nd, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT
I'm still not totaly conviced the legs are the right colour, this could easily be lighting, They do look right here, but as I mentioned earlier, we are all seeing a slighly diffeent sshade due to our monitors calibration, I calibrate my monitor, but who's to say if the scanning of this was done correctly. The sheel which will make up the surfae of the planet is still too dark looking, and the chest is nit nice atall, if only there wasd some relief to actually distuingish between the grey and the orange rather than just a clean straight paint line, it just looks painted on, and has no reasonm for the colour change other than to imitate the G1 incarnation, I'd rather it just go straight across, rather than a cheap looking paint app trying to disguise armada unicron underneath. Also the head sulpt looks like it was based on a dodgy drawing of unicron from the comics back in the day. If you look at the comics of old there are some ugly interpretations of unicron, He looks like he's whereing some sort of kull cap.
Apart from all my winging, he does look really good, and I am definently getting this. With all my wsts floating around him, I'm gona try and remake the Cinema poster. I wish his eyes were green and I wish alot of things, but at the end of the day, this is way better than beast wars unicron, and some of the detailing like the hip guards are spot on, for all the wongs there are so many rights, and the skeletal wings are just one of the unique design features that make this figure a must have.
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077487)
Posted by DISCHARGE on May 22nd, 2010 @ 11:49am CDT
Does this come with mini-con? And pic of planet mode. Is that available somewhere?
Re: New Images of Takara 2010 Campaign Unicron (1077497)
Posted by Trikeboy on May 22nd, 2010 @ 12:21pm CDT
I just preordered a second one. Unicron will look badass and I want to mod the second to look more like his G1 self. I alrady have plans for it. For example, attaching the large horns to the planet shell so his shoulder region looks more G1. I have more plans for him.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Barricade" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #251 - Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill
"Bob Lobclaw's Rumor Mill"
Posted: Sunday, May 24th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Deluxe Class Crosshairs New MIB NIB MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators 2004 Dead End - Dodge Viper SRT-10 (Complete)" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION BUMBLEBEE, Flip & Change 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Gdo Dead End" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "transformers age of extinction crosshairs" on EBAY
Buy "Target Optimus Prime Transforming Gift Card Transformers Age of Extinction" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada Unicron with Dead End Mini Con Exclusive Figure 2003" on EBAY