New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac

New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac

Tuesday, February 9th, 2010 12:05am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 36,579

While all of us here in North American and Europe will be having our hands full trying to obtain Hasbro's exclusive Recon Ravage - Takara has decided to join in on the fun by repainting Deluxe Ravage. Thanks to Ebay seller TFCToy, we get images of their exclusive Ravage. It looks to homage Generation One Ravage in robot mode. We also get more images of another repaint - Evac, a redeco of Blazemaster. Check out the images and links to each figure's auction below.

Takara Ravage

Evac

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Ebay seller TFCToy

Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045557)
Posted by Rated X on February 9th, 2010 @ 12:36am CST
Nice, but why the baby blue ??? Cant they just make him movie accurate and paint him all chrome ??? Give me a can of silver spray paint and ill make the best movie Ravage ever !!!
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045568)
Posted by Swiftpaw on February 9th, 2010 @ 2:42am CST
The blue is a little odd, but this looks better than Hasbro's exclusive!

The Blazemaster redeco looks okay, but that mold in itself is kinda eh. Though I think it looks more like a homage to Blades than Evac.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045584)
Posted by Torneira on February 9th, 2010 @ 3:45am CST
To me it's just another cheezy way to make more money out of nothing special.
Repaint him, make him limited edition, call him exclusive and voila you suckers buy the crap, and it even isn't movie accurate indeed.

Just like King Grimlock, okay, I can see why they released him as the comic version, and indeed, they did quite a nice job and he looks cool. But justify that the price tag on him?

Give me a break, but hey, I won't stop you guys, go right ahead!
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045590)
Posted by NormT81 on February 9th, 2010 @ 5:27am CST
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045593)
Posted by Flux Convoy on February 9th, 2010 @ 6:06am CST
:BOT:
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045600)
Posted by SJ21 on February 9th, 2010 @ 6:52am CST
Of all the paintjobs I have seen of Ravage, I like the first Hasbro paintjob the best. The red on the exclusive looks out of place, and the baby blue instead of silver on this one should be grey. Ugh.

I think the Evac mold looks terrible.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045605)
Posted by guardianprime on February 9th, 2010 @ 7:59am CST
GAAAAHH i want that ravage soo much *moody face*

but since when is evac a takara exclusive?
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045609)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on February 9th, 2010 @ 8:09am CST
Well, there's two more to buy. I lucked out with not having to buy Swerve, Stalk Scorponok, and Dead End, but these guys are weirdly different enough to buy.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045621)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 9th, 2010 @ 9:12am CST
guardianprime wrote:GAAAAHH i want that ravage soo much *moody face*

but since when is evac a takara exclusive?

It's not. Bit of a clarification: Takara tends to release less figures in their main line, since the Japanese hate redecos, much more those that are new characters. As an incentive, he will be an exclusive in Japan, but not to Japan, in the US he's still general retail. The same goes for ROTF Voyager Prime, Stalker Scorponok, Swerve and deluxe Dead End. And I must be the only one who really likes Evac despite his odd looks. I have to see him in person first before I get him though.

As for Ravage, I think Takara went for movie-accuracy instead of a G1 homage. The blue still looks out of place though.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045698)
Posted by Blurrz on February 9th, 2010 @ 3:13pm CST
Flux Convoy wrote:How that homages G1 Ravage I can't see. Evac looks alright, although I'm not interested the mold. Also, what's up with the influx of douchebaggery lately?
:BOT:
I didn't say the entire figure homages G1 Ravage... just when he's in kitty kat mode (it's a long stretch). The douchebaggery... well that's cause of the Bayverse. It's all the influx of reborn fans who think G1 is the only thing that exists.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
guardianprime wrote:GAAAAHH i want that ravage soo much *moody face*

but since when is evac a takara exclusive?

No, Evac will see general release everywhere. I only meant that the Ravage was a TakTom Exclusive.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045700)
Posted by Blurrz on February 9th, 2010 @ 3:17pm CST
Torneira wrote:To me it's just another cheezy way to make more money out of nothing special.

Give me a break, but hey, I won't stop you guys, go right ahead!

Suckers? Buddy, people like you are the ones feeding on the news I make. What does that make you?

And good. One less person trying to get a figure means more of a chance that I can get it.

NormT81 wrote:Most peopel are either stealing these stickers or buying,taking and returning because half of the NEST figures i see are stickerless

That's the sad fate of Transformers packaging. If we only lived off clamshells...
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045710)
Posted by Torneira on February 9th, 2010 @ 4:14pm CST

I'm all for people having their opinions, but don't sound like you're omniscient.. cause you aren't. [/color]

Laff, just one less, are you sure on that bro?

Omniscient, wow did you have to look that up?
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045711)
Posted by Torneira on February 9th, 2010 @ 4:20pm CST
Incredible that you are so offended by the word suckers.
But you don't impress me at all with your fancy words.
:-$
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045721)
Posted by Forgotten on February 9th, 2010 @ 4:47pm CST
I really like the G1 flavored Ravage and i'm going to try and get my hands on him since I didn't like the Recon Ravage I can stand another of this mold. Evac I just don't care for, the mold is strange to me.

Torneira, you need to lay off Blurrz, he's on here to discuss and find out info about a hobby that WE ALL SHARE. If there is something you don't like, state that, state why you don't, and then move on. There's no need to attack people. Are you getting on here trying to belittle people to make yourself feel tough or something? There are other sites for stuff like that, google self loathing chat and get yourself a screen name. :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045725)
Posted by Mkall on February 9th, 2010 @ 5:01pm CST
Torneira wrote:Oh please spare me the lecture dude. Like your so almighty and your wisdom surpasses beyond all of our imaginations, that I am not allowed to give my opinion how I feel about this crap.

Laff, just one less, are you sure on that bro?

Omniscient, wow did you have to look that up?

You are more than welcome to have your oppinions, but please show more respect for others, especially the staff.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045738)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 9th, 2010 @ 5:45pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
guardianprime wrote:GAAAAHH i want that ravage soo much *moody face*

but since when is evac a takara exclusive?

Except Japan, where he's yet to appear: no RA number yet :P
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045783)
Posted by Kibble on February 9th, 2010 @ 10:38pm CST

Why do they want this repaint so bad if they have no interest in other repaints? Is this figure expected to be valuable due to it being a mail-away?
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045820)
Posted by Torneira on February 10th, 2010 @ 5:01am CST
But I can admit this is no site to make domestic squabbles, so therefor let us take our prozac in and drop the matter.
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045852)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 10th, 2010 @ 8:13am CST
Kibble wrote:

Why do you think scalpers exist? People who stock up on toys for resell on EBay? ;)
Re: New Images of Takara Exclusive Ravage and Evac (1045874)
Posted by Blurrz on February 10th, 2010 @ 10:03am CST
Torneira wrote:He is a member of the staff, but respect works both ways and it's not that I am an employee who's job depend upon, that I have to grovel and start buttkissing.

And that's where you've got it wrong. This is all volunteer work. No job. No earnings. No nothing. When you insult me and half the fandom by calling us 'suckers', I don't care if I'm working my ass off to help the site or a forum passerby, it's damn well insulting.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "Transformers DOUBLE PUNCH Botcon Japan Exclusive The Evil Predacon Limited" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Soundblaster Black 35th Anniversary Hasbro WFC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots SALVAGE Garbage Truck Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2005 BotCon Decent Into Darkness Ricochet" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS BLADES (Shark Sub Variant), Rare Shark Sub Capture 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Wheelie" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SLUGSLINGER w/ Caliburst 2017 Figure MOSC in USA G1" on EBAY
Buy "Gigapower GP HQ-04 Graviter (METALLIC) Transformers Sludge Complete, Re-boxed" on EBAY