New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream

New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream

Wednesday, July 14th, 2010 11:53pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 46,925

More images from the International Tokyo Toy Show come from snakas. We get a close up look at two upcoming figures by Takara Tomy. One is a Voyager sized figure from their Transformers Animated toy line, named Hydrodive Bumblebee. This was originally meant to be a release by Hasbro, but their Animated line has since stalled. The other figure is Masterpiece Movie Starscream, a tattooless repaint of Leader Starscream. Check them out below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): snakas

This article was last modified on Thursday, July 15th, 2010 12:05am CDT

Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098184)
Posted by Flux Convoy on July 14th, 2010 @ 11:54pm CDT
Damn it. I want that BB but not in gold.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098191)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2010 @ 12:07am CDT
I'm glad I preordered that Bumblebee. I don't like the gold, I really don't, but that's a new mold for sure. It's not the Deluxe Class, and it's not the Activator, nor is it the Legends Class. A brand new mold. Impressive.

Bought.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098194)
Posted by sabrigami on July 15th, 2010 @ 12:10am CDT
That BB looks like a neat toy design. I would like to see more of him for sure. Rodimus also looks to be almost magenta/dark plum in color. I wonder if it's just the lighting?
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098212)
Posted by MrMunkeepants on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:37am CDT
has anyone been able to tell if there are any other differences between the paint apps, besides the tattoos?
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098216)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on July 15th, 2010 @ 1:44am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098224)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:09am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098226)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:14am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:Not so sure that is a new mold for Bumblebee. Just looks like the same old figure with the front end jammed into the blue bubble/wing set. Same with the bot mode. Same old figure with his head in a bubble.

Nope, check out the feet. The old deluxe class mold had the front bumper on a hinge so that his "toes" were posable. This mold doesn't, the front bumper and the rest of the foot is all one piece.

Anyone gonna be calling this guy Goldbug? :lol:
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098227)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:17am CDT
RogueDeathangel wrote:

Anyone gonna be calling this guy Goldbug? :lol:

Oh yeah! Didnt spot that, been so long since I had any of my Animated stuff out on display. I wonder if the bubble/wings come off?

Yeah, its Goldbug.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098229)
Posted by Dead Metal on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:20am CDT

No this is a new mold, this is in fact the new mold Bumblebee that was announced over a year ago by Hasbro to be more in scale with the rest of the line, more show-accurate and be sold at a Voyager price point due to the inclusion of the submarine thing.

MrMunkeepants wrote:so is this the only version of Leader SS that TT will put out? or will it be a separate release like Buster Prime?

So far this will be the first but not only release of this mold for Takara, I'm sure we're getting a MP-M01 ROTF version down the line as well.
Paint app wise from what I can tell, the alt-mode looks to be painted to be more accurate to the actual jet, and the bot mode seems to have more detailed paint apps based on the movie design, at least in the arms.
I want both of these it just sucks that this BB is in gold and won't fit into the rest of my TFA collection.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098230)
Posted by RogueDeathangel on July 15th, 2010 @ 2:22am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:
RogueDeathangel wrote:

Anyone gonna be calling this guy Goldbug? :lol:

Yeah, its Goldbug.

Yeah, the whole bubble/wing piece comes right off, so underneath there's a brand new bumblebee figure that's more in-scale with all the other animated figures.
If only Hasbro had released him.
#-o
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098236)
Posted by Oilspill on July 15th, 2010 @ 3:00am CDT

You would be incorrect good sir. We've been told many times that it is a new mould, more to scale (so smaller than the old deluxe). Pretty sure the transformation is quite different as well as I seem to recall people saying that it no longer had a fake chest/roof.

Anyway, I'd prefer this in yellow rather than gold too. Actually I'd dig it in gold if it had a new Goldbug-style headsculpt. I seem to recall the bio for G1 Goldbug mentioned he was water-tight or something too, so it would be a good fit.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098243)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 15th, 2010 @ 3:50am CDT
That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098251)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 15th, 2010 @ 4:31am CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.

I don't know if that is actually the case. The ones I saw here were actually in the newer packaging-same as Battle Hooks Prime.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098252)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on July 15th, 2010 @ 4:36am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.

That box in the picture certainly looks like the old movie packaging..
I guess I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098263)
Posted by Prime Riblet on July 15th, 2010 @ 5:20am CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:
Prime Riblet wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.

That box in the picture certainly looks like the old movie packaging..
I guess I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.

Sorry-I made a mistake. I was thinking about the Movie Leader rather than the "Masterpiece" version. :oops:
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098278)
Posted by g2grimmy64 on July 15th, 2010 @ 6:20am CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:
Prime Riblet wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.

That box in the picture certainly looks like the old movie packaging..
I guess I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.

Yeah, JPG's right, the TT MP version is in the 2k7 movie-style packaging, which is kinda weird considering the regular MP style box we've seen prior to this, but wth
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098284)
Posted by Counterpunch on July 15th, 2010 @ 6:37am CDT
Flux Convoy wrote:Damn it. I want that BB but not in gold.
:BOT:

Sigh...yea, pre-order canceled. :-(
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098286)
Posted by GEEWUN on July 15th, 2010 @ 6:42am CDT
oh well can't have everything just the way you want it....
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098288)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on July 15th, 2010 @ 6:45am CDT
g2grimmy64 wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:
Prime Riblet wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:That Starscream comes in the old movie packaging?
Sweet.

That box in the picture certainly looks like the old movie packaging..
I guess I wouldn't know. I wasn't there.

Ever heard of mock-up packaging? That's where the retailers hastily craft together something what they assume will be close to the actual packaging.

Samurai Bludgeon wrote:Do I see a purple repaint of Rodimus to the left of bee? Wonder who that's gonna be...

Nope, it's the lighting playing tricks.

Flux Convoy wrote:Damn it. I want that BB but not in gold.
:BOT:

I don't mind the gold, really (look at my name). But I'm not so sure about getting him, until there's confirmation about the Hasbro Voyagers getting cancelled.

One more thing: the Japanese name for Hydrodrive Bumblebee is Jetpack Bumblebee. Just thought I'd let you guys know ;)
Re: New Images of Takara Hydrodive Bumblebee and Movie Masterpiece Starscream (1098289)
Posted by Oilspill on July 15th, 2010 @ 6:46am CDT
GEEWUN wrote:oh well can't have everything just the way you want it....

Have you checked your username lately?? You're not allowed to say that! :lol:

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Smokescreen" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Car & Rescue Bots Flip Salvage Recycling" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow White Car Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers -  Siege (War for Cybertron) - Battle Masters - Blowpipe - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Fire House Station Playset. "Used"" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Trilogy Battle Masters - Aimless - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots high tide lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Copter Crane Blades" on EBAY
Buy "New! Super7 GOLD ARMOR BUMBLEBEE Transformers ReAction Series Action Figure" on EBAY