New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus

New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus

Wednesday, August 9th, 2017 4:48am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Kurona   Views: 17,918

Thanks once again to TFND's Facebook page, we have more images of upcoming Takara Tomy product -- this time in the Masterpiece line, with MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus! A redeco of MP-28 Hot Rod packed with a redeco of the previously Hasbro-exclusive Offshoot which came with the Hasbro version of MP-09 Rodimus, this is set to release soon after MP-39 Sunstreaker sometime early next year. Check out the images below and tell us what you think in the forums!

Transformers News: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus

Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902924)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 9th, 2017 @ 4:50am CDT
Figured he'd be in "Rebirth" colours.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902925)
Posted by Kurona on August 9th, 2017 @ 4:51am CDT
I'm not entirely sure there's a word in the English lexicon to describe the extents to which I'm underwhelmed and disappointed right now. Is this really it? What's the red strip on his legs even supposed to be? Why did you even bother redecoing him for this release if this is all you're going to do?
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902935)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2017 @ 5:24am CDT
I like how tidy Firebolt looks but yeah I don't need this. I'm happy with my KO Hot Rod and custom Firebolt. :P
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902937)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 5:34am CDT
Hooray!! I basically already have him then!! Wooooooooooooo!!
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902938)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2017 @ 5:37am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:Hooray!! I basically already have him then!! Wooooooooooooo!!

Your toyhax reprolabels on your hot rod look swish. I may get those at some point. I like the extra details the original toy had so this is neat.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902940)
Posted by Emerje on August 9th, 2017 @ 5:52am CDT
Not too crazy about the lower legs, but I do like everything from the knees up. And Firebolt does look great in his simplicity.

At least he isn't pink.

Emerje
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902943)
Posted by wilcosu35 on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:05am CDT
Looks like this'll be an easy pass for me.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902945)
Posted by ScottyP on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:13am CDT
They must only sell haterade to quench thirst where y'all live.

This looks great. Those lower legs and that metallic dark red/maroon, ooh, too nice :x
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902947)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:26am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
ScottyP wrote:They must only sell haterade to quench thirst where y'all live.

Oh I'm not hating, I'm just glad it isn't much different than what I already have. If it was, I'd be sad and have to buy the new!! It does look great though!! I am interested to see if they resolved any clearance issues though. It would be nice!!
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902949)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:30am CDT
Ugh, juuuust different enough for me to care.

Sigh, getting one. >:oP
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902951)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:32am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:Ugh, juuuust different enough for me to care.

Sigh, getting one. >:oP
It is just different enough isn't it!! The legs are growing on me!
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902952)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:34am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
zodconvoy wrote:Ugh, juuuust different enough for me to care.

Sigh, getting one. >:oP
It is just different enough isn't it!! The legs are growing on me!
And the vents in alt mode, and the interior in alt mode!! Wish he had separate flaps for the front of his legs at the hips like he does on the sides though. That would've been nice to re-do that piece.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902953)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2017 @ 7:34am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:I really like them too!! If you look at some of my older pictures of him (when I first applied the labels) I had the forehead crest ones on there (similar to the detailing this new Hot Rodimus has) which looked great but kept peeling up on the edges. That, and the front tire tread labels not clearing enough, are the only complaints I have with that set!! Totes worth it.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of cartoon accuracy as such and find it all a bit bland and empty looking but those stickers really make the figure more to my tastes with the extra detailing. When Toyhax finally release The Last Knight Voyager Optimus Prime stickers (they've mentioned sets for two TLK figures have been made for next month's update but didn't say which) I'll likely add the MP Hot Rod sticker set to my order too.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1902998)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:02am CDT
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903006)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:22am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Ugh, they colored Hot Rod's waist like Rodimus Prime's infamous AKOM animation error windshield waist. :BANG_HEAD:
*Awaits picture* :POPCORN:

I vaguely remember the image, but I know you'll find it :lol:
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903008)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:25am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:
*Awaits picture* :POPCORN:

I vaguely remember the image, but I know you'll find it :lol:
I'll do you one better than a mere screencap. Have a McFeely-original G1 Facts chart (click it for full size):

Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903009)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:26am CDT
Personally, a new deco and Offshoot was exactly what I expected.

As for that new deco though, it confuses me...what is it supposed to represent?
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903011)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
*Awaits picture* :POPCORN:

I vaguely remember the image, but I know you'll find it :lol:
I'll do you one better than a mere screencap. Have McFeely-original G1 Facts chart (click it for full size):
Thank you Sabrblade!!

Here's your reward. My deskbots for the day in Targetmaster variety.
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903012)
Posted by Desslok2201 on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Considering I have MP-28, TRU Rodimus Prime and an MP-09 trailer, I can happily pass on this. Wallet spared!
Now they'll probably announce an MP Omega Supreme for $600 and I'll start crying again
Re: New images of Takara Tomy Masterpiece MP-40 Targetmaster Hot Rodimus (1903016)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2017 @ 10:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
itscramtastic wrote:
*Awaits picture* :POPCORN:

I vaguely remember the image, but I know you'll find it :lol:

Seems they've done the whole figure's colour scheme like AKOM. The shoulders being filled in with the reddish colour rather than light grey and the head's shades being inverted definitely match the AKOM version. Light colour strip going down the lower legs too.

On the #3 pic how the heck are the wheels supposed to turn into burgundy? :P

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum RID Grimlock and Bumblebee - Exclusive" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY