New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron

Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 2:55PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 16,815

TK YUKI has tweeted a couple of images of the soon to be released Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron, a red redeco of Hasbro's Transformers Prime Predacons Rising Beast Fire Predaking. We've mirrored the images below.

Transformers News: Re: New Exclusive Takara Tomy Arms Microns Revealed & New G23 Dragontron Image

Credit(s): TF YUKI
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525497)
Posted by El Duque on October 23rd, 2013 @ 3:13pm CDT
Takara Tomy has updated their Transformers website with official images of the upcoming exclusive campaign Arms Micron figures, and release details. All will be available at select Japanese retailers with the purchase of 3000 Yen in Transformers merchandise starting in November. We also have an image of the combined super weapon mode.

• Gou (green Jigu)- any Japanese toy store[/*:m]
  • Geki (blue Ozu) - Joshin Kid's Land, Bic Camera[/*:m]
  • Ex (red Giza) - Toys"R"Us[/*:m]
  • Sen (purple Dago) - AEON[/*:m]
  • Shou (orange Magi) - Ideon, Yamada, Yodobashi Camera[/*:m][/list:u]

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525503)
Posted by Burn on October 23rd, 2013 @ 4:01pm CDT
I'm with Mkall, haven't picked up the leader class yet but this one might be worth the wait.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525504)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2013 @ 4:13pm CDT

As noted before, the combined form of the Arms Micron weapon seen here is a different one from the magazine scans.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525511)
Posted by Rated X on October 23rd, 2013 @ 4:47pm CDT
As much as I love the new deco, not having a new head is a deal breaker for me. I already have the Target version with the ugly cartoon head. I would be a buyer at $65-80, but I dont see that happening with Takara. Unless it goes on clearance of course. Maybe if they did the mold in a blue Cryo deco I would pay the $100+ that they will probally ask...
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525514)
Posted by Manterax Prime on October 23rd, 2013 @ 4:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Ugh, why does Guren Dragotron look so orange when he's supposed to be red? It's even in his name ("Guren" = "red", "crimson", etc.). :roll:

He looks red to me. Either it's you, or it's the lighting in the photos.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525518)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 23rd, 2013 @ 5:05pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:

He looks red to me. Either it's you, or it's the lighting in the photos.
I'm thinking it's the latter since he looks a lot more red in these pics - http://transformerskorea.com/shop/shopdetail.html?branduid=664388&special=3
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525526)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 23rd, 2013 @ 6:13pm CDT
I've been undecided on this figure for a month now. Put it in your Predacon collection and it's going to stand out, but that's simply because it's big and brash. I personally find Hasbro's version more dynamic. At $100, I'd need to be totally convinced and if I'm honest, I'm not.

Pre-order cancelled. :-(
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525528)
Posted by MenaceRX on October 23rd, 2013 @ 6:20pm CDT
I have the Predacons Rising version, dont spend the money, the knee articulation kills the figure in my opinion. The voyager class of this character is superior in every way. Save your money.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525604)
Posted by RhA on October 24th, 2013 @ 5:54am CDT
I might be one of the few, but I like this mold a lot. I own the Hasbro version and this one looks even better. The translucent wings are just too damn cool. It's almost tempting enough to buy it a second timne.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525605)
Posted by RhA on October 24th, 2013 @ 5:55am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525613)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on October 24th, 2013 @ 6:33am CDT
RhA wrote:I might be one of the few, but I like this mold a lot. I own the Hasbro version and this one looks even better. The translucent wings are just too damn cool. It's almost tempting enough to buy it a second time.

I'm gonna wait until the Hasbro one goes on sale, which undoubtedly will happen here. Then, you're mine, Guren Dragotron :twisted:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G23 Guren Dragotron (1525616)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 24th, 2013 @ 7:00am CDT
Translucent wings? :???:

I guess they kinda have some translucent qualities to them, but... I dunno. :|

Ending Soon On eBay

GENERATIONS TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS THUNDERCRACKER IDW L ACTION FIGURE MISB - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 38 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Power Core Combiners PCC HUFFER w/ CALIBURST Generations Universe - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 52 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers WST Worlds Smallest Trailer + Roller for G1 Optimus Prime Chase - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 52 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers WST Flamerthrower Slag Slug Figure by Justitoys - Time Remaining: 2 days 18 hours 52 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Movie DOTM Deluxe Class Darksteel Figure by Hasbro - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 52 minutes 42 seconds
Transformers Universe Voyager Class Autobot Blades - Time Remaining: 3 days 14 hours 52 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Heroes Of Cybertron Decepticon SUNSTORM 2004 Botcon HOC ACT PVC - Time Remaining: 2 days 1 hour 52 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Armada Sideways with Crosswise & Rook Minicons 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 52 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #175 - Bayhem