New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf

New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf

Monday, July 4th, 2016 8:38am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,945

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has found some great new images of Takara's Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf, courtesy of Dengeki Hobby.

We also included some photos of Hasbro's Wolfwire (yes, they are named differently) taken at Botcon for you to compare with. You will see that there are very few differences in the robot mode aside from the Titan Masters. Most differences are in wold mode with different colours found on the back, the head and the tail. Enjoy and let us know which version you plan on getting!

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf

Credit(s): dengeki hobby

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803126)
Posted by Kurona on July 4th, 2016 @ 9:03am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803128)
Posted by Evil Eye on July 4th, 2016 @ 9:17am CDT
Ooh, he is a bit of a beauty isn't he?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803132)
Posted by Randomhero on July 4th, 2016 @ 10:02am CDT
Kurona wrote:I can't quite see from the botcon images; but do Hasbro and Takara's weirdwolves share the same face?

They're different.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803135)
Posted by william-james88 on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:05am CDT

Its differet. Hasbro has a thinner visor while takara has a connected shade like visor. But the bigger difference is the shape. Hasbro's is rounded at the top while Takara's is a block.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803136)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:16am CDT

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803137)
Posted by william-james88 on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:20am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803141)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:41am CDT
william-james88 wrote:I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that Hasbro head. Its a gorgeous update and goes well with the less blocky update of the toy itself.

:lol: That's a lot of love for a 3rd tier character.

They both look good to me, I picked the one closer to the cartoon and easier for me to get.

I like the pic in your sig btw.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803144)
Posted by william-james88 on July 4th, 2016 @ 11:52am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

:lol: That's a lot of love for a 3rd tier character.

I like the pic in your sig btw.

I am a toy guy, the fiction is really secondary for me (though I will always read or watch something if its good). So these guys are all toys and all on equal footing in terms of tier to me. That movie Mindwipe wasnt in the films but is one of my favourites regardless :)

And thanks, my sig now features my very first TF toy.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803148)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2016 @ 12:54pm CDT
Cyberpath wrote:

What's interesting about the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters, and which can be seen in this comparison image, is that, unlike the Autobot Headmasters, the three normal 1987 Decepticon Headmasters used essentially the same base animation models for their depictions in both The Rebirth and The Headmasters, with any differences in their designs between the two cartoons being only rudimentary ones inherent of each being animated by a different studio (AKOM vs Toei).

So for Takara Skull, Weirdwolf, and the eventual Wipe, the heads those three have are not only Headmasters cartoon-accurate but Rebirth cartoon-accurate as well. 8-)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803151)
Posted by Microraptor on July 4th, 2016 @ 1:05pm CDT
I prefer the :HASBRO: one, but I want that BOT homage.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803175)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 4th, 2016 @ 1:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

The fact that Takara didn't give Apeface cartoon-colours suggests to me that perhaps they are working on proper toys for the Horrorcons (like with Groove and Blast Off.) If true, they should be mostly Rebirth/Headmasters accurate, too. (With some differences in the decos.)

Apeface thing.jpg

Apeface jet.jpg
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803181)
Posted by Insurgent on July 4th, 2016 @ 2:17pm CDT
If they did voyager class horrorcons (since the voyagers are all triple changers anyway) I'd be all over them!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803198)
Posted by Randomhero on July 4th, 2016 @ 2:54pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

:lol: That's a lot of love for a 3rd tier character.

I like the pic in your sig btw.

And thanks, my sig now features my very first TF toy.

I agree with you. I always enjoy the toy and comics deco personally. I'll gladly take Jazz with door wings, Prowl with shoulder cannons and even megatron with a grey helmet any day over cartoon accuracy. Still need time with Optimis having yellow eyes though.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803201)
Posted by william-james88 on July 4th, 2016 @ 3:05pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:

:lol: That's a lot of love for a 3rd tier character.

I like the pic in your sig btw.

And thanks, my sig now features my very first TF toy.

Thats cool, but what I meant was not the same thing. I didnt mean I preferred a toy to reference a toy's deco, I jut meant that I dont care what it references as long as its a cool toy. For istance Weirdwolf's Hasbro head doesnt look like his G1 toy, it looks different from anything else. And I dont judge it based on its reference, I judge it based on whether or not I think it looks good. And I think it looks awesome :)

PS: But yeah, I do preffer Megatron to have a grey head and I do preffer a darker purple for shockwave, but thats just because I think it looks better, didnt matter where that initially came from.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803204)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 4th, 2016 @ 3:26pm CDT

Take notes, Hasbro! This is how you update a design into something that looks "cool." Skullcruncher's head was a complete failure of your mission statement.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803311)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 5th, 2016 @ 2:00am CDT
I'll only get it if I find it cheap. Not keen on either mode or either the Hasbro or Takara heads. I'll keep on waiting for a really good wolf Transformer then (Cybertron Snarl is still my fave for his excellent wolf mode and the robot would be fine if not for having the wolf head as his right hand)
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803319)
Posted by Va'al on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:01am CDT
In other official image news, once more with the DO NOT COPY lettering and from TFSource, we have a look at the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG32 Chromedome, LG33 Highbrow, and LG34 Mindwipe! The three deluxes also include the Titan Masters triple changer Legend class figures, as you can see from the images mirrored below - let us know what you think in the Energon Pub!

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803320)
Posted by Cyberpath on July 5th, 2016 @ 5:11am CDT
Yay! Been waiting for these to surface.

But sigh, more drones. Mindwipe even has the same one as Skullcruncher. Wish they ditched those, especially now that the Yen is strong.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803327)
Posted by MemphisR56 on July 5th, 2016 @ 7:11am CDT

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

All the others I'm not sure they're different enough to really justify splashing out on takara, considering my nation's current self-inflicted economic blight :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG30 Weirdwolf (1803338)
Posted by Randomhero on July 5th, 2016 @ 8:21am CDT
MemphisR56 wrote:definitely looks like the same headsculpt on Domey there. Sorry to burst a few bubbles. It's too difficult to tell with all the artefacts in there whether they changed the paint on the visor though.

That's still going to be my go to chromedome and stylor though.

It's not the same it's different. The IDW/hasbro version has more smooth curves. This one has a more straight edge blocky look.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Studio Series 42 - Construction Long Haul Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot" on EBAY
Buy "2016 Hasbro Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiner Force Laserbeak + Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS ER EX-18 IRONHIDE & PROWL Figure MIB by Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Kingdom Deluxe WFC-K16 Huffer" on EBAY
Buy "ROOK Transformers Combiner Wars Protectobot Part of Defensor Generations Deluxe" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME Shattered Glass Transformers Galactic odyssey" on EBAY