New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Thursday, May 24th, 2018 4:21am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,123

Fellow Transformers fan Chris Delarmente has provided the internet at large with new images from the latest Figure King hobby magazine issue - meaning that we have some new looks at the Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron in its grey prototype form!

The images, mirrored below via Facebook page Planet Iacon here, show both the robot mode and the Tyrannosaurus Rex mode, with some size comparisons with fellow Beast Wars toys Optimus Primal and the soon to be released Dinobot, showing how the Predacon leader is in fact slightly larger than the Maximal/Predacon raptor, and definitely much larger than the Maximal leader, in both modes. Additionally, we get to see the three faces that the figure will be able to sport, a better look at the back kibble in robot mode, and some of the articulation for both modes. Check it all out below!

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron

Credit(s): Planet Iacon

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961296)
Posted by Bucky on May 24th, 2018 @ 4:39am CDT
Wow. I’m looking forward to Megatron even more now. That beast mode looks really impressive, and more convincing than Dinobot’s. Can’t wait to see what the final painted product looks like. I’m just hoping he doesn’t break the bank, because he’s a definite must have for me. I just preordered Dinobots earlier this week from HLJ. The price point kept me from pulling the trigger on it sooner, but I can’t not complete the season one cast.

The only thing that concerns me right now is how balanced he is going to be in beast mode. He looks like he might be a little front heavy. I’m hoping he won’t require the use of that stand to get some more dynamic poses. That’s assuming he has good range of motion.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961298)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on May 24th, 2018 @ 4:52am CDT
His balance looks like it might be questionable w/o the stand. Between the bulk of the t-rex head and his back.

I agree he looks a *lot* better than Dionbot in beast mode... but knowning Takara... dinobot is a little weird... because quite frankly he looked kinda rough in the show.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961300)
Posted by Bucky on May 24th, 2018 @ 5:16am CDT
That’s true. In fairness to Takara Dinobot’s show model did frequently get into some bizarre looking poses. Particularly where his chest and hips are concerned. I really don’t envy the designers trying to engineer a convincing and functioning high quality figure out of some of these characters.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961302)
Posted by Big Grim on May 24th, 2018 @ 6:07am CDT
My god! This is the first BW Masterpiece that I really, really wanna grab. Dinobot nearly had me but Megatron is looking amazing. I wanna see him in colour!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961303)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 24th, 2018 @ 6:14am CDT
Bring on the colour test shots! I'm loving how this looks so far and the detail they've gone to. If one upside of the brand unification is more money can be spent on masterpieces, then so be it.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961306)
Posted by fenrir72 on May 24th, 2018 @ 6:30am CDT
No more bellyaching! Will........BUY :BOWDOWN:

ETA most likely post December 24 2018. Ouch! :-( :x
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961308)
Posted by Ironhidensh on May 24th, 2018 @ 6:34am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961310)
Posted by L3281 on May 24th, 2018 @ 6:52am CDT
Based on Google Translate it looks like he’ll have light and sound gimmicks, as well as a removable tail.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961314)
Posted by shajaki on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:41am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Looks as if Dinobot dinosaur mode was a learning experience. Megatron looks so much better.
I dunno.... I think Megatron was just easier. Think about the original. His beast mode was almost completely seamless, and the robot mode backpack wasn't terribly hideous. Pretty much all they had to do was copy/paste, only make the backpack more collapsible/foldable/compressible/yougetme....

Dinobot however, in order to achieve the bot mode and beast mode on screen required all sorts of witchcraft. 8-}
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961315)
Posted by shajaki on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:44am CDT
Looks like he has a "Yeeesss" face. Nice. Funny how we aren't being shown any accessories whatsoever though.... maybe he won't have any? Which I couldn't blame them for. Primal only came with his weapons. The discs were primarily a tool for Dinobot and TM Megatron. And correct me if I'm wrong, but the rubber ducky also did not make an appearance until Season 2 (ala TM).
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961318)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 24th, 2018 @ 7:54am CDT
He has a hand! He has a hand! He - guys, he - I mean he has a hand! He has a haaa-aaaa-aaand!

I am SO displaying him with his “yesss” face and holding the Golden Disk. It is my destiny.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961319)
Posted by wilcosu35 on May 24th, 2018 @ 8:14am CDT
He's glorious and i want him!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961320)
Posted by BluePhirePB on May 24th, 2018 @ 8:23am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961321)
Posted by Octobotimus on May 24th, 2018 @ 8:24am CDT
hey look, they even gave him a stand just to increase his price, how nice of them. seriously though, looking at him he should cost quite a bit less than dinobot just cause of engineering, but i bet takara is trying everything they can to increase its price to the max.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961323)
Posted by Randomhero on May 24th, 2018 @ 8:28am CDT
BluePhirePB wrote:Definitely want this! I also now regret not pre-ordering Dinobot. Sold out everywhere. :(

Yeah that figure everyone threw a fit over the price and said won’t sell because of said price :lol:

Also here you go dude

Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961328)
Posted by william-james88 on May 24th, 2018 @ 9:00am CDT
Gonna preorder from anime export as soon as I can. Looks amazing!
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961331)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on May 24th, 2018 @ 9:34am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961332)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2018 @ 9:46am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I'm glad to see at least one of his arms has an actual hand on the end. I hope the other one does too.

You say that but did he ever have a right hand in the show? I don't recall ever seeing him without the T-Rex Head on the right :-?
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961333)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 24th, 2018 @ 9:48am CDT
AllNewSuperRobot wrote:

He did at one point in what was generally regarded as an animation error.
Re: New Images of Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-43 Beast Wars Megatron (1961334)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on May 24th, 2018 @ 9:54am CDT
Ah I see. Like I've said, I didn't like this form of Megatron in Beast Wars but I didn't think he had two hands - officially - until the Transmetal body. It's only really Cheetor that lost out, via finger loss, when he went TM. Everyone else got an upgrade.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "SHOCKWAVE Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Figure Complete War" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDWAVE Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Figure Complete War" on EBAY
Buy "2008 HASBRO TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE G2 MEGATRON LEGENDS CLASS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Energon Robots in Disguise "ROADBLOCK"  NEW 2004  POWERLINX BATTLES" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Deception Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers / Prime Arms Micron Frenzy AM31" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers FOC Fall of Cybertron VOYAGER Class : Blaster w/ Steeljaw  NEW" on EBAY