Friday, June 24th, 2016 8:05am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 32,341

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath found some new images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus on Amazon Japan. We finally see their version of "Cerebros" and "Spike"/Emissary which are both called "Fortress" in Japan.
While the head for the deluxe robot is very different, as a comparison will show below, it seems that the tiny head-sculpt of the headmaster has remained the same. You will also find new images of the giant robot himself.

Transformers News: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters

And more pix of the giant --

Hasbro versions:

Credit(s): amazon japan

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800177)
Posted by Randomhero on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:22am CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800180)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:32am CDT
Randomhero wrote:That's the head being used for SDCC isn't it? It looks very similar to what hasbro is doing with cerebros for SDCC

Pretty certain it is
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800197)
Posted by Randomhero on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:53am CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:

Pretty certain it is

It's a very pretty figure but I'm at a point where I look at my metroplex and notice how dusty he is. He's honestly a display piece. I've probably taken him down and "played" with him once this year and I know that's what will happen to Fort Max so I'm honestly contemplating not getting one.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800205)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on June 24th, 2016 @ 9:14am CDT

God I wish it was easier to decide between versions of this guy. Metroplex was pretty easy.... Chome? y/n

I think takara's central grey tower, and the base "ramp" looks a lot better. and the sticker windows are a really nice plus.

But... SDCC's thighs look a lot better with some paint on them.

I'd argue the Hasbro retail version has the least going for it.... but at this point *it* has the exclusive titanmaster.

#-o

Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800206)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on June 24th, 2016 @ 9:18am CDT
...still not showing the sword, huh?
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800212)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2016 @ 9:29am CDT
Sigma Magnus wrote:...still not showing the sword, huh?
Yeah, what gives, Takara? Hasbro's already shown theirs for SDCC, so now you've got free reign to show off your own Master Sword. Let's see it already.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800296)
Posted by Prowl4 on June 24th, 2016 @ 4:43pm CDT
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800299)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:10pm CDT
Prowl4 wrote:I am getting the retail US version because it'll have English phrases and the rebirth headmaster.
Glad to see you took my advice, I hope something works out for you :PRAY:
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800300)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:11pm CDT
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800304)
Posted by william-james88 on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?

Yes, there are a ton of reviews showcasing it.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800305)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:27pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?
Check his sig, I believe he wants the hasbro body with the TT head
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800306)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2016 @ 5:30pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?

Yes, there are a ton of reviews showcasing it.
Cool. What does he say? (if you can remember)

Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?
Check his sig, I believe he wants the hasbro body with the TT head
Not what I said at all.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800337)
Posted by william-james88 on June 24th, 2016 @ 7:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?

Yes, there are a ton of reviews showcasing it.
Cool. What does he say? (if you can remember)

Decepticons!
Fortress Maximus!
Autobots!
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800338)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2016 @ 7:21pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
I know it'll have sound effects, but it will have English phrases too?

Yes, there are a ton of reviews showcasing it.
Cool. What does he say? (if you can remember)

Decepticons!
Fortress Maximus!
Autobots!
Meh. All I need is to see a Master Sword from Takara to fully swing me over to their Fort Max.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800384)
Posted by Ultra Markus on June 24th, 2016 @ 8:54pm CDT
now thats more like it!
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800501)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 25th, 2016 @ 8:36am CDT
Sooooooooooooooooo The Headmasters! I love IT! :x
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800521)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:40am CDT
Only thing i want from this release is Cerebros. I'm also curious to see if my PE Warden can be incorporated into Fortress Maximus at all. Switch heads and use the big ass gun for CW Fort.
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800523)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:53am CDT
Wish Takara would release some Headmasters now, don't have patience to wait till August and September. :lol:

btw LG Hardhead, Skullcruncher, Weirdwolf, Blaster, Shockwave, Wheelie & Blurr are available for pre-order on HLJ again. Either someone cancelled their order or HLJ had added more -- http://hlj.com/scripts/hljlist?SeriesID=6038
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800525)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2016 @ 10:58am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Also wish that Rebirth-Cerebros were sold separately so I could pose him with the other Headmasters. Because Fortress Maximus is where I draw the line.
You know, if Takara wanted to, I could see them doing a special exclusive or campaign figure release of the Rebirth Cerebros head and body without Fort Max as the actual Rebirth cartoon version of the character with Spike as his Headmaster, with a bio describing him as the Rebirth cartoon incarnation who controlled Fortress Maximus in another timeline from the one that Fortress controlled Battleship Maximus in, allowing Takara to treat "Fortress" and "Cerebros w/ Spike" as separate characters, and allowing Takara to do a show-accurate version of Rebirth Cerebros (Hasbro's has blue in its deco for some bizarre reason).

Maybe this special Takara Cerebros toy could even have its own unique voice clips taken from the Japanese dub of The Rebirth, spoken by either Ken Narita (Cerebros), Kōji Ochiai (Rebirth Spike), and/or Kunihiko Yasui (Rebirth Fort Max).
Re: New Images of Takara Transformers Legends LG31 Fortress Maximus Featuring Fortress Headmasters (1800528)
Posted by Cyberpath on June 25th, 2016 @ 11:03am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Yes! :APPLAUSE:

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Brawn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV08 Underbite" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-03 Strongarm" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY