New Images of TFCC Dion

New Images of TFCC Dion

Monday, June 7th, 2010 4:00pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions, Collector's Club News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 57,104

The Official Transformers' Collectors' Club Free Membership figure this year happens to be a repaint of Universe Hot Shot. Homaging Generation One Dion, this repaint is part of the era established by Botcon 2009. Much like Kup and his crew, Dion is a member of the fabled Autobot Elite Guard. Deco'd in vibrant blue, white and orange, Dion comes with missiles and launchers, the ones featured with Henkei Hot Shot. He also comes with a mini-con partner (not pictured) called Cop-Tur. Check out the images below, courtesy of TFclub at Taobao!

Keep it locked at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): TFclub

This article was last modified on Monday, June 7th, 2010 4:19pm CDT

Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083326)
Posted by LiKwid on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:08pm CDT
Ya know when I first joined the club year after last I had mixed feelings about the price..After seeing how hot dion has turned out and the added botcon discount it totally justified IMO.. I just hope this guy gets here soon dammit! Also does he have some kind of visor on? I never noticed that before..Looks kinda cool...
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083329)
Posted by King Henrik on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CDT
does this mean he'll be arriving soon?
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083333)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:17pm CDT
I thought they were shipping them out in May
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083343)
Posted by ligiermirage on June 7th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CDT
And hella people said his color scheme was ugly..... :shock: I just wish he was here already
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083377)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:32pm CDT
Still waiting patiently but don't know for how long.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083379)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:33pm CDT
A good looking figure, the mold itself leaves something to be desired but this figure LOOKS great in both modes, glad I joined up, looking forward to owning him and his little comrade! Plus the added bonus of henkei launchers is awesome!!
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083389)
Posted by X3ROhour on June 7th, 2010 @ 5:50pm CDT
what a piece of slag!@@#$%@

so glad i didnt get one
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083398)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:18pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:what a piece of slag!@@#$%@

so glad i didnt get one

It would have been really hard on you hunh? ;)

Toys are a tremendous burden...

The burden hardest to bear.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083410)
Posted by Editor on June 7th, 2010 @ 6:34pm CDT
If those are the final colors then my original thought of posing him beside an Alley-Viper is more or less going to happen.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083429)
Posted by HighPrime on June 7th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CDT
Love this mold. Colors look great.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083433)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 7th, 2010 @ 7:09pm CDT
Damn I hate the universe Hotshot mold. Even more than I hate the Universe Prowl mold, or the Universe Hound mode, or the Universe...uh...lets just say that the universe Hotshot mold is my least favorite toy ever. I took it back in the same week. It was bullshit! But this one looks so damn cool! Almost cool enough for me to want to spend my $ on ebay for one! But good thing my ...non ignorance outweighs my desire for a cool looking toy!
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083437)
Posted by Savage on June 7th, 2010 @ 7:12pm CDT
This guy looks great. Honestly, I think he looks better than some of the BotCon figures for this year.

and he's FREE.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083492)
Posted by El Duque on June 7th, 2010 @ 11:29pm CDT
Looks really good, better than I had anticipated. I just with that hinge wasn't interfering with the Autobot symbol.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083504)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on June 8th, 2010 @ 12:19am CDT
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083508)
Posted by Blurrz on June 8th, 2010 @ 12:36am CDT
Frostic_Prime wrote:I know that this is most likely the final product but, didn't the club state that it would have a new head mold when the first image was shown?

I believe that's Counterpunch Punch you're thinking about.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083511)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on June 8th, 2010 @ 12:45am CDT
No I knew he was getting one, but I recall reading that Dion would too have a remolded head. I could be wrong...oh well I still like how it looks.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083512)
Posted by Editor on June 8th, 2010 @ 12:51am CDT
I have no memory of Dion getting a new head, and seeing that the artwork they released right in the beginning had the Hot Shot regular head, I doubt that was ever in the works.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083513)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on June 8th, 2010 @ 12:53am CDT
This is where I read it: http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=12711

As reported previously, this guys got the Universe 2.0 figure mold going on with some resculpting around the head and healthy serving of orange and blue thrown in for good measure. See them pics for the full details.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083515)
Posted by Editor on June 8th, 2010 @ 1:15am CDT
Resculpting AROUND the head. This is likely a reference to the fact it is using the Japanese mold with the notches for the weapons.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't even aware or noticed when that was written that the American release was altered.
Re: New Images of TFCC Dion (1083521)
Posted by Frostic_Prime on June 8th, 2010 @ 1:34am CDT
Yeah I'm glad they threw in the Henkei weapons/pipes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Brawl" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Selects Shattered Glass Ratchet and Optimus..." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Charge Bumblebee Volkswagen VW Bug Beetle With Original Box" on EBAY
Buy "Energon Armor IACONUS Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Ultimate Class 2020" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Battle Base Trailer Transformers Cyberverse Energon Axe Attack New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Power Primes Beachcomber Hot Rod Cyberverse Megatron Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Bumblebee: Cyberverse Adventures - Deluxe Class Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "NIB Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Repugnus Revenge Target Exclusive Figure" on EBAY