New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint

New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint

Thursday, March 17th, 2011 2:51pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 63,397

Last month, we got our first look at the upcoming movie inspired Thundercracker, a repaint of the new Dark of the Moon, deluxe class Starscream mold. At the time, we couldn't tell if, like the Thundercracker repaint from the 2007 movie, this new version would have a remolded head or not. We now have the answer to that question.

Thanks to Mike at KOToys.com and Seibertron.com member heer0san for letting us know that new pictures of this figure have been posted on the KOToys' Facebook page. Not only do the clearer images reveal that this is a straight, G1-inspired repaint of deluxe Starscream that apparently includes a different Mechtech weapon but not a remolded head, but they also give us a great comparison between this new movie deluxe Thundercracker and his Henkei and Generations predecessors. No word yet on when or where this figure will be released but right now, it's presumed that it will probably be a store exclusive.

Several of the images have been mirrored below. To check out the rest of them at the KOToys' Facebook page, click HERE.

Credit(s): Mike @ KOToys.com, heer0san

Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196272)
Posted by Counterpunch on March 17th, 2011 @ 2:56pm CDT

I mean, it's not even an issue with the look of the movies, but I have a feeling that a lot of fans are going to spend the next year buying toys that they very much regret the following year.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196273)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 17th, 2011 @ 2:58pm CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Honest question here, does anyone look at those DotM toys and say, "Wow, those are really something that I have to have and will be better than the toys I already have."?

That's how hype works. Step 1 is intoxication, step 2 is addiction, step 3 is the hangover.

Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196278)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on March 17th, 2011 @ 3:12pm CDT
Gotta love that nondescript dead-gray plastic face; really gives the character personality. :P

The size of these new figures is a real turn-off. Nobody will be in scale with the previous Bayverse toys. They might as well have called the whole deluxe line "Cyberverse".
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196279)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 17th, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
I kind of like it, but it's a movie toy, and the only reason I like it is because it is in Thundercracker colors.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196283)
Posted by OlivusPrime on March 17th, 2011 @ 3:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Me, I just want the new characters in the movie and any significantly new incarnations of older characters of the same size class as the first movie. So no Leader Ironhide or Bumblebee for me. I know, I'm weird :lol:

Same here - I only aim to get new characters, significantly different characters (eg Ratchet, Sideswipe), or characters with a gimmick too big to ignore (eg Optimus and trailer). And I agree on the Leaders too - Ironhide and Bumblebee are waaaay out of scale with the rest of my collection and aren't particularly accurate to the CGI, so its a definite no for me.

I probably would have gotten this if it was a size class larger, or had been a retool. Shame, because the colours are better than the original Movie Thundercracker. Don't appreciate how they've just gone and plonked Roadbuster's weapon on him, but I guess it gives him some kind of selling point. If he's in the film (which I doubt), then I may consider him.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196300)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 17th, 2011 @ 4:11pm CDT
Wow hes small and im sure he'll still be priced at $13, goddamn hasbro. does look better than starscream but the weapons are kinda lame. Right now hes a maybe, ill wait til i see it in person.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196314)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT
:CON:
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196315)
Posted by LiKwid on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:00pm CDT

Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196318)
Posted by chrisc4 on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:26pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:The classics seekers are based on tomcats, it looks like. So the f22 raptor being smaller is definitely more accurate than being HUGE compared to them, as they were with the previous movies. So theres more realism there. I don't have a starscream yet, and I would consider getting this one, IF the guns weren't just the most innappropriate weapons to find on a fighter jet.
:CON:

actually they are f-15s not f-14 tomcats! :P
i plan on buying them all, as i did with rotf and i dont regret it one bit! i just dont buy repaints
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196324)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:36pm CDT
chrisc4 wrote:
:CON:

actually they are f-15s not f-14 tomcats! :P

Right, my bad.

Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196332)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:42pm CDT
I do regret some of my Movieverse purchases, and the sad thing is they have little to no resale value. But the majority I would say were worth it, I'd even say there were some really great stand outs in ROTF. In comparison DOTM does seem to have a lot less must-buy figures, but in retrospect, ROTF also seemed that way at first. I'm still liking some of what we're seeing here.

While it's small and I'm disappointed that the head didn't get remolded, I like this. I still think it looks better than the Movie 2007 Thundercracker figure, aside from the head, so it's a purchase. I kinda wish they'd kept the same Mechtech weapon as Starscream though.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196337)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on March 17th, 2011 @ 5:50pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:
chrisc4 wrote:
:CON:

actually they are f-15s not f-14 tomcats! :P

Right, my bad.

To his credit, the nosecone of the Classics Starscream mold is taken from an F-14. The nosecones of the Classics Coneheads are obviously a lot shorter :P
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196358)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 17th, 2011 @ 7:13pm CDT
Meh, the paint apps look great, but the mold just doesn't hook me. |:| I probably won't get much from the line, just the ones that show up in the movies, new characters, or new molds of old characters that appeal to me (ex. Ultimate Optimus Prime). ;)
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196372)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 17th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CDT
Same head as Starscream, small size, proportions way off... *sigh*
I doubt I'll be buying much from the DotM line (and I LOVE the movie style). Well, not much of the non-Cyberverse stuff, anyway.

Interesting to note, the chainsaw gizmo was from the green Wrecker, not Starscream.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196386)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on March 17th, 2011 @ 7:53pm CDT
Interesting. It looks like they'll be mixing in different mech-tech molds with the repaints.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196387)
Posted by ninjascythe79 on March 17th, 2011 @ 7:55pm CDT
i'm not getting this guy i have the voyager my space is too limited anyways really a jet with a chainsaw?hardcore fans are getting generations thundercracker anyways i dont need that many thundercrakers but i do need some more shockwaves (actually just a leader)
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196396)
Posted by amtm on March 17th, 2011 @ 8:10pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:I won't lie, i regret spending a ton of cash on most of the ROTF line..A line which i can't even sell at a garage sale :BANG_HEAD: I will be extremely picky this time around..I've learned from the addiction and will not fall off the wagon but for a small handful of figs..Sentinel prime being one of them...

I overbought on ROTF and Universe as well, but I have managed to sell off most of my unwanted figures without really losing anything. For example I didn't think anyone would want Desert Tracker Ratchet, but I managed to sell it last month for $18+shipping after buying it from Amazon for $10 more than a year ago. I haven't tallied up every figure, and it goes beyond just the ROTF line, but overall I haven't taken any significant loss and I think you could say I've made a small profit, though how much depends on your accounting method.

Anyway, you just gotta make sure you don't pay too much when you buy, and you minimize your costs when you sell. And you gotta be patient--I listed them all on Craiglist and only sold 2 that way until Ebay did their 100 free listing promos. After that I sold about 25 figures on Ebay, though some had to be relisted three times to sell. Now I'm just waiting for another opportunity to sell without up-front costs like listing fees. (But watch out for Ebay's new "charge sellers for shipping" policy--they're going to place final value fees on shipping costs starting April 19, supposedly to "reduce" costs for buyers and "encourage" sellers to lower their shipping fees. Obviously it's actually just because they want more money, since sellers will have no choice but to raise their shipping fee, or the price of the item, to cover the cost of the new fee. Think I may need to start looking into Crave or Amazon marketplace.)
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196401)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on March 17th, 2011 @ 8:24pm CDT
Meh, I'll stick with my shiny new Generations TC.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196402)
Posted by Rycher Prime on March 17th, 2011 @ 8:24pm CDT
They could have at least given him a different head mold.
Re: New Images of the DotM Deluxe Thundercracker Repaint (1196417)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 17th, 2011 @ 9:09pm CDT
I like the look of this guy. The paint apps look much more vivid than Screamer's. He looks very close in color scheme to his Generations counterpart. I was hoping for a new head, but I'll take the G1 colors on the Screamer head. I do like that he has a different MechTech than Starcream, however, I was hoping for a totally new one. Not Roadbuster's saw thing.

Yes, as a matter of fact I do.
Ironhide, Bumblebee, Nitro Bumblebee, deluxe Ratchet, Topspin, Roadbuster, Megatron, Shockwave, Sideswipe, Sentinel Prime, and Thundercracker are some that I am definitely going out to buy.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Chaos on Velocitron 5-Figure Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Playskool Transformers: Rescue Bots Academy - Whirl The Flight-Bot! New!!" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS BRUTICUS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Optimus Prime Electronic Hero Mashers Light Up Weapons Hasbro NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro Grimlock Vs. Bruticus Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE Figures - Grimlock and Evasion Mode Optimus Prime - Used" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Transformers Construct Bots AOE DinoBot Optimus Prime & Gnaw Dino Brand NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Rescue Bots Academy Mega Mighties Heatwave The Fire-Bot Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Ratchet" on EBAY