New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset

New Images of  the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset

Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 11:30am CST

Categories: Toy News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,931

The Transformers Galaxy Hong Kong Fans Group have posted a small gallery of the miniature Mount St. Hillary Playset that appeared on ToaBoa earlier this month. The playset is designed for use with smaller scale figures. As you can see the gallery features a selection of WST's interacting with the set.

Credit(s): TF Galaxy HK Fans Group

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 31st, 2012 11:31am CST

Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340704)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:35am CST

after these new images, i almost expected this sound
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340705)
Posted by dedcat on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:36am CST
that was... unique.

2 questions:

1) Is that computer console a cardboard insert or a sticker?
2) Is Prime farting at the end of this thing?
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340707)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:39am CST
dedcat wrote:that was... unique.

2 questions:

1) Is that computer console a cardboard insert or a sticker?
2) Is Prime farting at the end of this thing?

Answered respectively:

Hard to say, looks like a sticker.

Most definitely.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340709)
Posted by AutobotCliffjumper on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:47am CST
dedcat wrote:
2) Is Prime farting at the end of this thing?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Still a pass for me! But that just means more for everyone else lol.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340714)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 31st, 2012 @ 11:54am CST
Too cute! With this being for smaller scale bots, I kinda expect the simpler, fun style and color. In fact, I DEMAND it!!! :twisted:

Definite buy. Love it.

Only thing that could make it better would be thrusters of the ship sticking out the side.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340719)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:01pm CST
Well, if the price is nice :-?
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340720)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:06pm CST
I'm gonna have to pass...

...gas. Like Optimus.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340723)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:09pm CST
Maybe another 3rd party company will make Ark thrusters to complete this set.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340726)
Posted by gothsaurus on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:16pm CST
Mt. Hillary: $25
Ark Thrusters add-on Kit: $85

:-?
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340728)
Posted by AnimeFreak505 on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:17pm CST
dedcat wrote:2) Is Prime farting at the end of this thing?

lol :WRECK:
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340736)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2012 @ 12:36pm CST

Don't get me wrong, I do like this set and I'm not dumping on it for the sake of simply being negative. I'm just actually a bit frustrated at seeing something that is both so cool and at the same time utterly useless for me. I don't have much in the way of disposable income and I tend to feel much better about my purchases if I can at least justify getting it. (please note that by "justify" I mean BS'ing myself into believing that I really need this)
These guys are not doing themselves any favors by making this set in the scale that it is. They should have gone for something a tad bit bigger even if it does mean having to spring for a bit more on the cost of the plastic. They would be able to sell enough of them to cover the increase.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340747)
Posted by mattyc1007 on January 31st, 2012 @ 1:08pm CST
For peeps with short attention span's, comic book style presentations are great. If I was a hardcore G1 fan or had more WST figures I'd so have this :D

I now truely know, that Optimus is directly related to Domo-Kun ;)
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340755)
Posted by Mykltron on January 31st, 2012 @ 1:18pm CST
That thing looks so cheap it would look out of place anywhere but a kid's toy area.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340785)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 31st, 2012 @ 2:25pm CST
So does this mean astrotrain is out?
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340794)
Posted by Delicon on January 31st, 2012 @ 2:36pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:While I really love the concept I have to say that this set would really only look decent with WST figures. Those of us with none are kinda hosed unless we want to drop a bundle on a whole bunch of figures to make this play-set worthwhile. None of the other smaller figures in the TF lines are going to look right with this so what is the point of making something so cool for such a very limited line of TF's?

Honestly, it looks like it would work with Legends scale just fine.
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340846)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 31st, 2012 @ 4:19pm CST
Delicon wrote:

Honestly, it looks like it would work with Legends scale just fine.

You do realize that you are not helping my wallet out one bit, right? :P

I was trying really hard to convince myself that the Legends figures would be too big for this play-set but every darn time I look at the pics I keep seeing one of my Legends Class Movie Primes in the place of that WST Optimus w/trailer and it makes me want this set more. If the Legends class look good with this then an assault on the base by my team of Micromaster Constructicons would look freaking awesome! :grin:
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340878)
Posted by DISCHARGE on January 31st, 2012 @ 6:07pm CST
T-Macksimus wrote:
Delicon wrote:

Honestly, it looks like it would work with Legends scale just fine.

You do realize that you are not helping my wallet out one bit, right? :P

>:oP
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340883)
Posted by Skullcrunchberries on January 31st, 2012 @ 6:39pm CST
Clearly these guys are smart; I mean, they're following the first and most important rule of photography: if you want something to look cool, add a lens flare.

So many lens flares = so much coolness.

Still not interested in their product though >_>
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340963)
Posted by Kung Fu Man on February 1st, 2012 @ 12:45am CST
Apparently Optimus' exhaust fumes are also incredulous. There's your new MySpace headline.

I do like the look of the thing, though the lack of the ark crashed in the side kills it for me. C'mon, that couldn't have been that hard to pull off could it?
Re: New Images of the Third-Party Mount St. Hillary Playset (1340981)
Posted by Trikeboy on February 1st, 2012 @ 2:49am CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:So does this mean astrotrain is out?

Yes it is, and it is awesome. Really tight and transforms really well. Size is on par with the Dinorobots. Check out Robotkingdom to get him.

This will not be part of my fairly large collection of WST toys. It looks cheap and far too plain.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #273 - Our Way to Oblivion
"Our Way to Oblivion"
Posted: Tuesday, April 6th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Original G1 1985 Whirl Box Only" on EBAY
Buy "BNIP: Mcdonalds Transformers Strongarm Action Figure Happy Meal Toy, 2016!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Prime Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumble Spud Mr Potato Head Hasbro NEW NIB Transformers Playskool FULL SIZE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID 2015  Strongarm Ultrabee Component" on EBAY
Buy "New Playskool Transformers Optimash Prime Mr. Potato Head. For Ages 2+" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Age of Extinction AoE Deluxe Dinobot Scorn - Back Spike Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ULTRA MAGNUS WEAPON GUN COMBINER WARS 2015 HASBRO Parts Pieces" on EBAY