New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron

Transformers News: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron

Wednesday, March 15th, 2017 8:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 42,148

One of the highlights of the 2017 New York Toy Fair was the announcement of the long rumoured Titans Return boxsets and now we have some new images for the first boxset's box, called Chaos on Velocitron.

Snarkas Blog found these images on a Toysrus Hong Kong site announcing a preorder for $999 HKD (which is $128 USD). This preorder gives hint that the toy is coming soon, or at least before the others. We also have the product code (C186) which tells us that it should be coming when, or even before, Wave 5 hits if they're released in sequence. We also learn that it is a Toysrus Exclusive worldwide (we only knew that was the case for Canada and the US before). The images also show us new information, like the fact that Fast Lane is now called Fast Clash.

Let us know if you will get this set!

Transformers News: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron

Transformers News: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron

Transformers News: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron
Credit(s): snakas blog and toysrus Hong Kong

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866663)
Posted by Kurona on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:04am CDT
Gotta say, it's really annoying how much more like herself Nautica actually looks on the box.
And I guess we know why they didn't call RiD Sideswipe Fastlane now; they really wanted to avoid calling him that awful name. 'Fastclash' :lol:

On a more positive note, that is some beautiful box art.

And this is downright adorable.

Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866665)
Posted by Nik Hero on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:09am CDT
$999.90, hmm, seems kinda expensive! ;-) :-p
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866668)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:11am CDT
Worth it solely for Optimus prime burning down a forest.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866669)
Posted by Diem on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866670)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:22am CDT
Diem wrote:I pray to any deity that will listen that the deco on Laser Prime's trailer is tampoed rather than a foil sticker, even the comparatively simpler decals on the retail release are already lightly peeling at the corners for me.

They are most assuredly stickers, everything points towards 'paint apps' being stickers from here on out, at least for voyager class and up :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866671)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:23am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866672)
Posted by Insurgent on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:28am CDT
Terrsolpix wrote:I swear if rodimus's face is stickered I will melt down the diecast and drink it. :BOOM:

I would pay to see that.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866673)
Posted by Terrsolpix on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:30am CDT
Insurgent wrote:

I would pay to see that.

Make sure you donate for the hospital fees! :saint:
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866674)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:36am CDT
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866675)
Posted by Kurona on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:37am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:Who wants to bet that the domestic release here Rodimus won't be that well painted either. Probably the standard two color plastic in robot mode.

Actually, that is the domestic release you see there. This isn't Takara's version or anything - I doubt they'll release anything from this boxset aside from Fastlane and maybe Rodimus - this is what we're getting in the US, UK etc.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866676)
Posted by Diem on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:38am CDT
On a more cheery note, things I love about this box-art:
*Rodimus hanging onto Optimus' back for dear life.
*The part of Optimus' back that Rodimus is holding onto doesn't, strictly speaking, exist.
*They want to make sure that everyone has their robot mode shown off, except that Quickswitch's robot mode apparently doesn't matter.
*They appear to be in a hurry, but everyone except for Rodimus is in possibly the slowest mode they could be in.
*Narutoptimus and Fasthurdler
*Velocitron is apparently the Death Star trench.

In all seriousness I love this art, both despite and because of these quirks. I really hope that the thing advertised at the top left is a poster rather than a card.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866677)
Posted by william-james88 on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:40am CDT
Diem wrote:

Don't you also love how they use the speed tech sheet logo in the bottom left?
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866678)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:46am CDT
Diem wrote:*Velocitron is apparently the Death Star trench.
I thought it was a race track (which further begs the question of why they're all mostly running instead of driving). :P
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866679)
Posted by Insurgent on March 15th, 2017 @ 9:48am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Diem wrote:*Velocitron is apparently the Death Star trench.

Maybe it's a foot race?
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866681)
Posted by Diem on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:01am CDT
I also love the contents of this set sooooo much. Aside from Optimus Prime and Bring Me the Head of Mavis Davis we've got some pretty obscure characters here; a comic-only character (and a fembot at that), Quickswitch who no-one (besides me) likes, and a friggin' NEW MOLD Fastlane.

(also despite being 99% repainted Sixshot this Quickswitch is STILL better than FansProject MADLAW)
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866683)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:05am CDT
This boxset is really a mixed bag for me. I'm looking forward to voyager Prime in that deco (I love red and black) and the Rodimus diecast is pretty neat too. Fastlane isn't bad looking either, and Nautica is one of my favorite characters, even if the toy isn't really that good for her. Quickswitch is basically rubbish to me, but oh well
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866692)
Posted by Overcracker on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:21am CDT
Anybody else find it strange that Prime's official name is just "Laser Prime[tm]".

Not Laser Optimus Prime, or Optimus Prime, just Laser Prime. And he doesn't actually come with a "freakin' lazor" ... :lol:

Considering he's all diecast, at worst he'd be unpainted metal, not plastic. But no this is technically what he should look like in North America as well.

It's actually a selling point of the box set next to Fastlane.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866693)
Posted by Mechastrike on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:21am CDT
i keep forgetting that Quickswitch is Sixshot's offspring.
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866695)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:26am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:i keep forgetting that Quickswitch is Sixshot's offspring.
Only in one commercial. ;)
Re: New Images of Titans Return Speed Boxset Chaos on Velocitron (1866698)
Posted by o.supreme on March 15th, 2017 @ 10:29am CDT
Mechastrike wrote:i keep forgetting that Quickswitch is Sixshot's offspring.

Oddly enough the ONLY mention of that is in the 1988 toy commercial, yet I too remember it to this day. I wonder if IDW will introduce the character into the comic at all, or make any reference to the "relationship". I still think it should have been Greatshot, not Quickswitch as that molds 2nd use...but oh well.

Ending Soon On eBay

Unreleased Transformers Rescue Bots HIGH TIDE submarine playskool NIP 2015 - Time Remaining: 29 days 10 hours 42 minutes 6 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Scattershot 7" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 44 minutes 19 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Motormaster Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 44 minutes 32 seconds
NEW!!! Transformers Combiner Wars Onslaught 7" Action Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 44 minutes 32 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LEADER CLASS SOUNDWAVE+SOUNBLASTER TITAN RETURN FIGURES - Time Remaining: 1 day 16 hours 46 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Blowpipe & Triggerhappy Titans Return Deluxe Class Set - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 49 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS LEADER CLASS BLASTER+TWIN CAST TITAN RETURN FIGURES - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 52 minutes 57 seconds
SUPER RARE TRANSFORMERS Vintage 1985 Optimus Prime Voice-Changing Helmet/Mask G1 - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 57 minutes 2 seconds
Website Security Test