Wednesday, June 29th, 2016 3:50pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 27,937

Toysrus UK had a few goodies for us today. Their new listing for Hasbro's Computron not only gave us some nice new official pictures of the product but we got an extra goodie with the reveal of who the Payload redeco is. The mini space shuttle is named Cybaxx. This is indicated in the product description:

The full description is found below after the images.

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed

Join the battle and build a Combiner super robot with this 7-in-1 Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack. Get 6 Technobots figures that combine to form a Computron Combiner figure in this 1 set. The Voyager Class Scattershot figure forms the torso of the Computron Combiner figure; the Deluxe Class Afterbreaker, Strafe, Lightsteed, and Nosecone figures form the arms and legs; and the Legends Class Scrounge figure becomes a Combiner weapon.

The Combiner Wars universal connection system means these figures work with other Combiner Wars figures. Combine the Scattershot figure with other Deluxe Class Combiner Wars figures or combine Afterbreaker, Strafe, Lightsteed, and Nosecone figures with other Combiner Wars Voyager Class figures to build more Combiner super robot figures. (Additional figures are each sold separately.) The pack also includes 12 accessories, a Cybaxx mini space shuttle figure, a Combiner Wars poster, and a collectible Computron character card.

Combiner Wars Computron Pack includes 6 Technobots figures
Figures combine to build a Computron figure
Each figure converts from robot mode to vehicle mode and back
Figures work with other Combiner Wars figures (each sold separately)
Comes with a poster and collector card

Credit(s): Toysrus uk

Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801906)
Posted by Gearslide on June 29th, 2016 @ 4:11pm CDT
He DOES have a name! I am so delighted! As to who or what that name is a reference to, I have no clue. But I am so happy he has a name, unlike Dumptruck #2 in ROTF Devastator.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801914)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 29th, 2016 @ 4:59pm CDT
So it's not Payload after all. What a shock... :roll:
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801915)
Posted by Kurona on June 29th, 2016 @ 4:59pm CDT
It looks like the stupid stock photo pose Fort Max/Astrotrain/G2 Bruticus used... but at least this time he's aiming a gun. It's a little better. A LITTLE.

Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801925)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on June 29th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801992)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 29th, 2016 @ 10:17pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:The drill looks better in the photo where it's just a tank with a drill instead of a barrel than the other pics where it's a backwards tank/drill abomination. Still not as good as takara, but a lot better.

Yeah, it looks more cohesive, if less practical now - plus its kind of cuddly :x

That, and the turret can be articulated upwards on the transformation arms, it'd give the vehicle mode some articulation, may lend it some cool options ;)^
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1801999)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2016 @ 10:31pm CDT
Gearslide wrote:He DOES have a name! I am so delighted! As to who or what that name is a reference to, I have no clue. But I am so happy he has a name, unlock Dumptruck #2 in ROTF Devastator.
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So it's not Payload after all. What a shock... :roll:
Guess John Warden and Friends changed their minds since BotCon.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802001)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 29th, 2016 @ 10:35pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So it's not Payload after all. What a shock... :roll:
Guess John Warden and Friends changed their minds since BotCon.

Wouldn't the boxes have been printed and loaded onto ships already or something?
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802014)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2016 @ 10:50pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So it's not Payload after all. What a shock... :roll:
Guess John Warden and Friends changed their minds since BotCon.

There was no box on display at BotCon. John and Ben said it was still Payload at both the Hasbro Brand Panel and again at the Hasbro Booth.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802029)
Posted by Zeedust on June 29th, 2016 @ 11:42pm CDT
Kurona wrote:Also I think this is the first time we've gotten a look at the feet's ankle tilts. They're nice.

I guess, but I still wish there was something to do with them while the component figures were separate like they did for Victorion.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802036)
Posted by Deadput on June 30th, 2016 @ 12:44am CDT
Zeedust wrote:

The feet can become back packs for the deluxe's and the hands can become Scrounge's hammers.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802081)
Posted by william-james88 on June 30th, 2016 @ 9:24am CDT

Plus the combiner peg system Hasbro and Takara developped is the best so far. So I am glad I decided not to get him back when I had found the price too much to bear.

Not saying anything against anyone who did get him, since I too wanted him. But looking back, it just doesnt look as good as the upcoming Takara Computron, nor as fun to play with.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802113)
Posted by Evil Eye on June 30th, 2016 @ 12:07pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Hey guys, just some thoughts I wanted to share. When Quantron (not computron first came out), it was a hot item. I love the techonobots due to their futuristic look, how their colours work and how the overal combiner looks, so this was tempting. He is dirt cheap on BBTS now but I am definitely no longer interested. Compared to Takara's, he doesn't look much like Computron and definitely not when you look at the individual members. They look overworked and not smooth at all. Like other 3p toys, those look less G1 and more Neo G1. Lightspeed is a good example since he looks nothing like the car in the cartoon.

On the plus side, he is substantially less likely to suffer stress fractures from the simple act of combining him on account of his plastic not being laced with suckium.

Also more paint, better detailing, ANKLE TILTS etc.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802133)
Posted by Agamemnon on June 30th, 2016 @ 1:59pm CDT

Well, I think Quantron was intended to be a "Classics" version of the Technobots, meaning updated versions of the G1 characters along the lines of how Classics started. Indeed, Afterburner is a Tron Light Cycle, and the main Scattershot nose cannon turns into a giant bow looking thing for Computron.

Plus, I think they are just darn cool looking.

I am curious how Hasbro, Takara, and MT versions will look next to each other... :-?
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802164)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on June 30th, 2016 @ 3:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So it's not Payload after all. What a shock... :roll:
Guess John Warden and Friends changed their minds since BotCon.

Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802168)
Posted by o.supreme on June 30th, 2016 @ 3:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:For all intents and purposes, he remains unnamed on the actual box: I looked all over, but never spotted a name for the little guy, probably because he's considered an "accessory", not a full "figure" (gotta keep that 6-figure count!).

If anything, I think Hasbro would want to promote a 7th figure, to make up for all those who felt cheated that Botcon Predacus only had 5, because that little guy would totaly make up for it ;) .
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802185)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on June 30th, 2016 @ 4:05pm CDT
3rd party combiners are not fun to play with
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802211)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 30th, 2016 @ 5:26pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:3rd party combiners are not fun to play with

Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802241)
Posted by King Kuuga on June 30th, 2016 @ 7:26pm CDT
Bumblebee21 wrote:3rd party combiners are not fun to play with

As a regretful Feral Rex owner, I vouch for this.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802260)
Posted by joeprime276 on June 30th, 2016 @ 8:31pm CDT
Thanks for the advice about Hound, Smokescreen, Wheeljack, and Trailbreaker on the last page guys. I'll at least get Hound because he seems unanimously approved.
Re: New Images of Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron and Cybaxx Name Revealed (1802262)
Posted by joeprime276 on June 30th, 2016 @ 8:34pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:They really don't look like it. I know from watching Emgo that he prefers the 3rd party combiners (he really did not find Devastator good), but to me they are just too busy and like you said not fun. I have got myself to the point where I can get my combiners from alt mode to combined mode in under 8 minutes. 8 minutes to transform and combine 6 figures. That is awesome, and very easy to switch out and do all kinds of things, including scramble. That to me is the fun of it. They look awesome as collectibles on my shelves, but they are also fun to take off the shelves and play with

I agree with you on this point D-Maximus. While it gets annoying having the same molds, it is very nice being able to know the ins-and-outs of each figure, and being able to combine quickly.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "MISB Transformers SCF Tokyo Game Show Battle Damage Set Optimus/Convoy Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premiere Edition Deluxe Cogman 2017  ((NEW))" on EBAY
Buy "1:64 TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME WESTERN STAR 5700 & BARRICADE JADA TOYS DIECAST" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Nano Hollywood Rides Transformers Bumblebee Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Movie 1 27 Deluxe Clunker Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TRA CYBERVERSE Slipstream" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 30 Crankcase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Autobot Ratchet with Grapple Grab New In Box" on EBAY