New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime

Thursday, April 27th, 2017 9:25AM CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 49,633

Via fellow Seibertronian AzT, we have a look at the new Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime toy, courtesy of fan TFMizer on Facebook (and shared by Planet Iacon)! There's only a few images for now, but we get a look at the premium deco and the box - check them out mirrored below!

Credit(s): Planet Iacon
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877627)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:30am CDT
Okay. I'm in.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877630)
Posted by WreckerJack on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:35am CDT
Does anyone else think Optimus' eyes are making this face ><

Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877631)
Posted by Black Hat on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:41am CDT
Daaaaaaaaaaaaayum. That's good. ROTF Optimus might finally have been outclassed.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877633)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:42am CDT
Looks great but I'm curious how different to the already awesome RotF mold it is. The most noticable thing I can see is the lower arms and hands. Wonder how it transforms.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877634)
Posted by Yweggo on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:43am CDT
His hands are scary.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877635)
Posted by Actar on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:55am CDT
Essentially, by using parts of the front of the truck to form his lower chest, they've improved the proportions and given him NON-FAUX HEADLIGHTS. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, the headlights look to be real!

Also, the trailer hitch is actually where it's supposed to be, on the back. SUPER HYPED!
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877636)
Posted by First Gen on April 27th, 2017 @ 9:57am CDT
That's nice.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877639)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 27th, 2017 @ 10:40am CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877640)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2017 @ 10:41am CDT
I hate to be the guy to rain on everyone's parade, but ...

It looks good with the exception of the red abdomen pieces, which the Leader Class figure more-or-less got right based off the character model from the films (which my eyes keep immediately getting drawn to because they shouldn't be there), and the weird looking eyes. I understand those eyes or odd faces on the smaller retail Optimus Prime (well, I sort of understand ... I still think there's room for improvement there), but I don't understand his eyes looking weird on a high end figure intended for collectors. I love the ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime mold so it's got to really impress me to top a figure I already consider pretty close to a Masterpiece figure already, especially considering the price point and the fact that ROTF Leader Class Optimus Prime is now an 8 year old toy (yikes!).
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877642)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2017 @ 10:43am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Is it wrong for me to say that I don't like the looks of this figure? He does seem movie accurate in many parts of his body, but based on these photos, I still view the Leader Class Optimus Prime mold to be more superior in regards to his physical appearance. To me, he seems a little bit of a disappointment. :(

I agree, especially after how they knocked it out of the park with the MPM-3 Bumblebee figure, which is incredible looking. Maybe moreso because they haven't really been able to nail down Bumblebee in an action figure yet (maybe with the exception of the HFTD Deluxe Bumblebee or the DOTM Deluxe Bumblebee), whereas Optimus Prime has the amazing Leader Class figure.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877644)
Posted by Seibertron on April 27th, 2017 @ 10:47am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Dr Lockdown wrote:Also so what if it cheats? Don't all AOE toys do that?

I dont have them all. I have Drift and he doesnt cheat.

And the point was not to compare him with the rest of AOE but to compare him with the ROTF mold.

In that comparison we definitely care because you are comparing a toy that cheats to one that doesnt. A fake chest to a real one.

I agree about Evolution Prime. Cool toy, but doesn't hold a candle to ROTF Leader Optimus.

william-james88 wrote:So, tell me, when it comes to chests, do you preffer them fake or real?

When it comes to women and Transformers, I prefer them to be real!
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877646)
Posted by Overcracker on April 27th, 2017 @ 10:52am CDT
There's something about him that feels off.

I understand they were going for his look in the 2007 Movie - Revenge of the Fallen. And not the look he had in Dark of the moon with the exposed abs.

But I still find it hard to see how the MPM is better than this:

Or this:

MB-11 seems to be a masterpiece of a figure already.

I'd still like to see the transformation, as it looks very very different to the Leader class mold, but, I think I may skip it.

Specially if its going to be 2 or 3 times the price I paid for MB-11
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877648)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on April 27th, 2017 @ 11:01am CDT
its only gonna be $100
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877658)
Posted by william-james88 on April 27th, 2017 @ 11:44am CDT
Overcracker wrote:Specially if its going to be 2 or 3 times the price I paid for MB-11

The good news is that it wont be. It will just be $30 more since MB-11 was $70 (or around that depending on the direct retailer).

However, MB 11 came with a knucke acessory, 2 hooks, 2 swords and gas tanks that combine into a giant gun while this guy doesnt seem to come with as many accessories.

Seibertron wrote:

When it comes to women and Transformers, I prefer them to be real!

:APPLAUSE: ;)^

I also find this toy to look off and I am really not quite sure what is so different than the ROTF leader. At first glance, it doesnt look that different (but we all thought that with MPM Bumblebee too).
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877660)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 27th, 2017 @ 11:54am CDT
I like the placement of the wheels on the thighs. Always bugged me about the RotF mold that it had two wheels just hanging from the hips kinda messily. And I like that the lower arms don't have panels obscuring the hands from the outer angle the RotF figure does. And I'll probably like that it probably doesn't say his own name a million times as you transform it? :P
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877665)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:01pm CDT
There are parts that are great and parts that are a little off. The abdomen seems a little less well-proportioned, but the paint and legs are top notch. The sword looks sick too.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877667)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:06pm CDT
I look at that and just can't help but think it's the ROTF Leader mold retooled. It's too similar to avoid tricking my brain into thinking it's anything other than the ROTF Leader mold at a base. Better pics would help, so I'll look forward to seeing more.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877670)
Posted by william-james88 on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:10pm CDT
Hasbro has unveiled MPM4 Masterpiece Movie Optimus Prime and have now sent us the official stock images along with a description of the product. From previous leaks we know that this toy will be available as a Toysrus Exclusive in the US for a hundred dollars. There are a few discrepencies between the stock images and the reveal, as well as the box art, with the gun being left unpainted in a stock image. We also include an image of the ROTF leader for you to see how it is similar and different.

ROTF Optimus Prime for comparison

One of the biggest TRANSFORMERS products of 2017 was just revealed at the Beijing and Guangzhou Midnight Sales Event—the OPTIMUS PRIME MPM-4 figure, the latest figure from the MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES line! The figure is enclosed in a special glass window display, and fans are given the opportunity to take photos with it at this exclusive unveiling.

This year marks the 10th anniversary of Paramount and Michael Bay’s first Transformers blockbuster movie. We’re celebrating this milestone with the release of the OPTIMUS PRIME MPM-4 figure which is inspired by the iconic OPTIMUS PRIME character in the original 2007 TRANSFORMERS film. Co-created by Hasbro and Tomy, the figure converts from robot to classic truck mode and features eye-catching detail, articulated fingers and an interchangeable mask – perfect for fans and collectors alike. See below for more information and a link to download high-res images of the figure.

TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES OPTIMUS PRIME MPM-4 Figure
(Ages 8 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $99.99/Available: Summer 2017)
Get in the action with the latest figure from the MASTERPIECE MOVIE SERIES, the OPTIMUS PRIME MPM-4 figure! Co-created by Hasbro and Tomy, the figure is inspired by the iconic OPTIMUS PRIME character in the original 2007 TRANSFORMERS film and celebrates the 10th anniversary of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise. Pay homage to the great AUTOBOT leader with all the detail you expect from a MASTERPIECE product, including die cast parts! The OPTIMUS PRIME MPM-4 figure converts from robot to classic truck mode and showcases Earth’s greatest protector with eye-catching detail, articulated fingers and an interchangeable mask – perfect for fans and collectors alike. The sleek, signature flame design is emblematic of his inextinguishable drive to fight for freedom. Converts in 43 steps and comes with a Matrix of Leadership accessory and other exciting weapon accessories.
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877671)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Better pics would help,
Heh. Ask, and I shall receive a mere four minutes later. :P
Re: New Images of Transformers Movie Masterpiece MPM-4 Optimus Prime (1877672)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on April 27th, 2017 @ 12:15pm CDT
Back looks mistransformed on that stock photo cos those red bits be hanging down. And they haven't pulled out the smokestacks on the truck pic. tsk...

Still a great looking figure but hard to decide between it and the RotF mold versions.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #232 - NYCC 2019
"NYCC 2019"
Posted: Sunday, October 6th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Power Core Combiners HUFFER CALIBURST Complete PCC generations" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS PRIME & MEGATRON HERO MASHERS Transformers Mash Ups Hasbro MIP" on EBAY
Buy "BRAND NEW TRANSFORMERS NEMESIS PRIME POWER OF THE PRIMES AMAZON EXCLUSIVE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Optimus Prime, Year of the Horse, Masterpiece Ver." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Adventure Steeljaw (Robots in Disguise)" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Takara Tomy Hasbro TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee Movie Studio Series Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Galaxy Optimus Prime with Upgrade kit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Amazon Exclusive Powerdasher Aragon ONLY" on EBAY