Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue

Thursday, November 2nd, 2017 4:20PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 25,447

Via our usual source for news on weibo, user tf-factory / 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂, we have a look at a Voyager class figure first seen at Hascon 2017 from the upcoming toyline for Transformers: Power of the Primes - the Chosen One and Supreme Ruler of Cybertron: Starscream! Shown in the mirrored images in both stock photography for robot and jet mode, plus an in-package shot, we get to see the totally-not-combiner foot/hand parts, the Prime Master and Null Ray guns.

Also, via Facebook page Planet Iacon, we have an image from a Malaysian toy catalogue featuring the initial promotion for the line, featuring Deluxe figures Jazz and Slug, plus Leader class Optimus Prime and Rodimus Prime in and out of package, and a confirmation that the toys will be hitting retail (in some markets at least) this December - that's next month! Check it all out below!

Credit(s): Weibo tf-factory, Planet Iacon

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919551)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 2nd, 2017 @ 4:24pm CDT
Yeah, so I won't be using those particular combiner feet in robot mode. Or plane mode.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919552)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2017 @ 4:25pm CDT
So....Cybertron/Galaxy Force homage for the shoulder armor, huh? He's a rather chunky Starscream, for sure, but part of me want him due to having no Starscream in my collection yet. Still think that mold would shine best as Leozack and/or Skyquake, however. Or Nominus Prime's earth mode (unlikely to happen but, hey, customs!).
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919554)
Posted by Kurona on November 2nd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CDT
Starscream has combiner ports?! Woah! Gasp! Amazement! Unorthodox!
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919559)
Posted by StJudeDad on November 2nd, 2017 @ 4:53pm CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919561)
Posted by Rysquad on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:00pm CDT
StJudeDad wrote:I'm probably really late to the party on this, but do we know if those new PotP combiner feet will work with the Combiner Wars figures?

It's a 5mm peg, right? It should.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919562)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:03pm CDT
You know what I want to see pics of once people have that voyager figure? Starscream with Bruticus limbs (Brawl, Vortex, Swindle and Blastoff). If he isn't getting a dedicated Seekers limb set, it seems like they would be the best match for him.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919564)
Posted by Sabrblade on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:05pm CDT
Skritz wrote:So....Cybertron/Galaxy Force homage for the shoulder armor, huh?
I'm pretty sure that those are just supposed to be his null rays. Cybertron Starscream's special shoulder things were swords, and it doesn't look like the null rays flip out here like the swords did.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919567)
Posted by Cobotron on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:13pm CDT
I got a bad feeling about all those stickers all over his wings. :BANG_HEAD:

Other than that I'm liking him more the more I see him.
I like a chunky bot!
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919569)
Posted by ExciKaiser on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:19pm CDT

Same 5mm port.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919571)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:24pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Skritz wrote:So....Cybertron/Galaxy Force homage for the shoulder armor, huh?

True, but seeing such huge mass on a Starscream shoulders remind me instantly of his Galaxy Force/Cybertron design. Granted, in this case it's an optional part.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919572)
Posted by Quantum Surge on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:27pm CDT
The Generations line hasn't caught my attention lately unlike back in 2010-15, but I really like the look of this Starscream design! If I could get the Wave 1 Aerialbots, I would give Superion the new combiner feet.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919578)
Posted by Rated X on November 2nd, 2017 @ 5:53pm CDT
Why must hasbro continue to ruin the toys with stickers? Go back to tampos...
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919581)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 2nd, 2017 @ 6:03pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Why must hasbro continue to ruin the toys with stickers? Go back to tampos...

But but! The detail!

.... Seriously though. DEFINITELY prefer my designs to last longer(tampos) rather than have a lot of -
usually excessive - detail(stickers).
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919582)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on November 2nd, 2017 @ 6:07pm CDT
No shots of Screamer in torso mode? :( If (big IF) I do get him, he'll be strictly torso. Both the bot and the plane modes look like sh*t.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919587)
Posted by KVO Prime on November 2nd, 2017 @ 6:34pm CDT
Waiting for the inevitable Takara better deco
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919589)
Posted by fruityrobo on November 2nd, 2017 @ 6:38pm CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919592)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on November 2nd, 2017 @ 6:49pm CDT
fruityrobo wrote:Why couldn't the weapons in the Last Knight have detachable weapons? for megatron leader class, or even nitro? UGH

How is this related to Power of the Primes?
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919597)
Posted by Skritz on November 2nd, 2017 @ 7:58pm CDT
You know, the odds of it happening are pretty slim but I'd love to see an aerialbot heavy retool into Seekers limbs for Starscream. Possibly using the tooling for the CW Ghost Starscream and/or Armada Thrust. Won't happen, I'm sure, but let's be honest Starscream-as-a-combiner should be either with Combaticons or Seekers.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919601)
Posted by King Kuuga on November 2nd, 2017 @ 8:13pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:My experience is similar. I had a strong inclination to get T30 Metroplex when it first came out,since selling all my original collection in 2007, I had no reason to start up again feeling that this was going to be just a "one off" of a classic character I liked. My son was getting random movie and animated toys, but not a huge collection since he was only 7 at the time (now he's 11). I was unable to find Metroplex at retail and that was that.

Then in 2014 at Botcon when Menasor & Superion were revealed for CW for 2015, it raised an eyebrow, but then I figured there would be only those two, and that's it. It was not until CW was in full swing, and almost ending I took the plunge, and UW cemented it for me. I'm glad I did. Including all TR and PotP reveals thus far, we are only a few characters away from what I would consider a faithful recreation of my original collection, and we've gotten some nice new ones along the way.

I'm glad TT is rereleasing Metroplex. I'm not thrilled with the price, but its better than what I would have to pay on eBay for the T30 one at this point.

See, what you've done here is turn my complaint that the figures are essentially the G1 figures with more articulation, and turned it into "I like the new lines because we're getting all the toys I used to have."
If they had been more aesthetically unique (to be fair, some of the stunticons are), but the same roster of characters, would you still have been as interested? My money is on "yes". And the complaint was most specifically to do with the people conjecturing about Scorponok and Omega Supreme, based on the look and function of their G1 toys. I am reasonably certain that new renditions of those figures will need to be more unique from the originals to function well. No partsforming OS, no giant scorpion backpack, no mountain of accessories that are only useful in one mode.
Re: New Images of Transformers Power of the Primes Voyager Starscream, plus Promotional Catalogue (1919611)
Posted by Prime Target on November 2nd, 2017 @ 9:19pm CDT
I'm getting more excited about POTP every time more news comes out about it! :D I don't like the Thicc arms but other than that i'm loving this fig so far the HFG/feet/hands will be in a bag until we get a confirmation on the full combiner. Please Hasbro for all that is good and holy repaint this into Skywarp and Thundercracker 8-). Also for all that is good and holy release them here in my area in Australia this Xmas!

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers United Wheeljack Authentic Free Ship No box complete Takaratomy - Time Remaining: 5 days 56 minutes 23 seconds
Transformers Takaratomy Generation Goshooter Siren New Free Ship - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 57 minutes
Transformers Universe VOYAGER CLASS LEO PRIME TARGET EXCLUSIVE NIB - Time Remaining: 1 day 15 hours 3 minutes 3 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Reveal the Shield SOLAR STORM GRAPPEL Voyager Class - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 7 minutes 44 seconds
TRANSFORMERS [2016] DIE CAST OPTIMUS PRIME GIFT with MP33 INFERNO - Time Remaining: 1 day 7 hours 8 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Energon Barricade Onslaught D5 Bruticus Maximus Main body MOC - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 15 minutes 14 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure F/S Used - Time Remaining: 23 days 5 hours 19 minutes 50 seconds
Transformers UNIVERSE WAR OF THE WAVES AIR RAID STORM SURGE WALMART EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 23 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #188 - Mutinous Intent