Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases

Wednesday, November 7th, 2018 8:45AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 18,628

Fellow Seibertronian Deadput has found images of the back of the box and instructions for the upcoming Transformers Studio Series leader class Dark of the Moon Megatron (I swear, these names are getting longer every year). The toy comes in at 30 steps, which is the same amount of steps leader Grimlock had. So an overly complex Transformation should not be expected. We can already tell that some parts are rather simple, like the blocky feet which we now know were most probably not mistransformed in the initial image we saw. We have confirmation that he comes with Igor and that he is number 34. With Jetfire being number 35, it is most likely the case that this Megatron is part of the first wave of 2019 Studio Series figures. The images were found on the the TF Factory Weibo page.

UPDATE: We also have a list from the Loopaza Megastore of all upcoming Takara releases of this same line. Please remember that the only difference between these and the Hasbro releases are the numbers. We do get further confirmation of another Optimus Prime coming our way. Is there such a thing as too many Optimus Primes? Let us know.

SS-19 WWII Bumblebee
SS-30 Mystery Optimus Prime
SS-31 Cogman
SS-32 Scrapmetal
SS-33 Rampage

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992976)
Posted by Stryker P28 on November 7th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
looks better than the mistransformed one
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992978)
Posted by Nathaniel Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:16am CST
This looks way better than the first time we saw him. I can't wait for more pictures. Before, everything in Studio Series was hit and miss for me, mostly wave 1 though, but now I want everything that will come out. I can't wait for it all :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992980)
Posted by joevill on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:18am CST
Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992982)
Posted by DecepticonFinishline on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:23am CST
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

I don't think that ANY of them are straight repaints, except for the Drift with Baby Dinobots.

Ratchet and Starscream are similar to their DOTM molds with some differences.

I think the Lockdown and Grimlock ones are pretty similar, but have slight remolding.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992983)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:24am CST
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

Most are new but based on previous toys in some way (like transformation). However, within the line itelf, there are lost of repaints.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992984)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:28am CST
DecepticonFinishline wrote:
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

Thundercracker is as well, and so is Cogman.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992986)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:29am CST
DOTM Megatron looks better than he did in that first image, I’ll probably be getting him since this is my favorite version of Megatron. I want to see how he scales with SS Prime though, I hope he’s not too out of scale in robot mode.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992989)
Posted by Deadput on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:37am CST
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

I mean I'm sure your being snarky or something but an actual statistic of the main line (Not including exclusives) the line has.

23 new molds (Sort of 24 with wave one old Camaro Bee only being based off the TLK Wave 3 Bee in engineering while it's really a new mold because of the different size)

1 remold: Crowbar from TLK Berserker which makes sense since their very similar body types in the first place (2 if you count the Camaro Bee)

6 repaints with new head/accessories.

2 straight repaints, Cogman (Whose original toy saw limited distribution) (Crankcase who is a repaint of Crowbar and sadly not Crankcase like he should be)

Including exclusives there is 7, with 5 straight repaints (6 if you include Drift which while he himself is a new repaint he comes with new accessories including mini dinobots)

1 being a repaint with new parts (2 if you include Drift)

Edit: while I was typing this I forgot about the two multipacks which 1 is just a bundle of two "retail" figures, one being a studio series VW Bee and a "reissue" of the TLK wave 3 camaro Bee which besides here has no release in studio series, the other is a repaint of wave 1 ss old camaro Bee that comes with new vehicle parts and a Charlie figure.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992990)
Posted by Grimlocktimus on November 7th, 2018 @ 9:54am CST
By Primus he looks gorgeous... I loved this design, so bestial and ragged... a true Frankenstein's Creation of parts and pieces... hopefully (can't quite tell) he has different arms like in the movie
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992992)
Posted by william-james88 on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:01am CST
Deadput, what about Clunker Bee?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1992998)
Posted by joevill on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:15am CST
Deadput wrote:
joevill wrote:Are most of these Studio Series repaints or are they new?

6 repaints with new head/accessories.

1 being a repaint with new parts (2 if you include Drift)

Not being snarky, was a genuine question. I been ignoring these because I thought they were all repaints initially. I'm looking back now after seeing all the news with this line. The DOTM Megatron was what got me looking closer!
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993002)
Posted by Deadput on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:32am CST
william-james88 wrote:Deadput, what about Clunker Bee?

He's in the straight repaint category (I either accidentally moved him to the repaints with new accessories category when I decided that it should be it's own category separate from straight repaints or I forgot about him completly which is possible since I was going by memory until I looked up the wiki for the exclusives)

So make it 3 there
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993005)
Posted by Deadput on November 7th, 2018 @ 10:37am CST
joevill wrote:

Oh I see, I wasn't sure because you never know when it comes to people on the internet.

Yeah I originally thought SS was just gonna be a one year filler line for the Bee movie to make up for the reduced cast of the Bee movie.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993025)
Posted by Prowl4 on November 7th, 2018 @ 1:41pm CST
Nice inclusion of the Igor head thing there.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993026)
Posted by dragons on November 7th, 2018 @ 1:43pm CST
Stryker P28 wrote: mistransformed

New record first time saw this word pop up as first comment in toy topic it’s than hurricane and it’s crime for mistransforming toys,.

Back on topic figure looks good better from voyager we got when movie was first released
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993034)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:12pm CST
Deadput wrote:
joevill wrote:

To be fair, the first wave of Deluxes were mostly based on older figures when it came to engineering, so that may have skewed our views a bit. All in all though, most are new molds, with only #25 Bumblebee, Cogman, Thundercracker and multi-pack Drift directly derived from older lines.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993046)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 7th, 2018 @ 2:36pm CST
Thanks to fellow Seibertron user, PrimevPrime, we have an English video review of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class KSI Sentry! Sentry is a blue redeco and a slight retool of Stinger who was released back as part of the first wave of Studio Series Deluxes.

Those who are looking for this guy should keep an eye on store shelves over the next couple of weeks as he'll be in the same wave as Bumblebee movie antagonist Dropkick.

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993075)
Posted by Deadput on November 7th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CST
Man he looks so nice even if he isn't film accurate.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993076)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on November 7th, 2018 @ 4:46pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Will you be picking KSI Sentry up? Will you be troop building him so that Stinger can lead an army of his own? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews.

Won't be troop building but I will almost certainly get one cos I love the Stinger mold and that shade of blue and that new head sculpt and I want his blue(s) brother (of sorts) here to go with him for a nice red/blue combo. I guess like Shatter and (car) Dropkick are. :O Heck, Stinger and Sentry could be my movie-verse Runabout and Runamuck I suppose.

And yes I wanna see more of that DotM Megatron. The detail looks promising and I do love the lil Igor bonus figure.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series 34 Leader DOTM Megatron And List of Takara SS Releases (1993079)
Posted by ZeroWolf on November 7th, 2018 @ 4:51pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

I'm quite happy with how megs turned out from the initial images, and igor is a great touch as you say.

Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer SCORN movie figure cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY