New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino

New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino

Friday, February 12th, 2021 7:46am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 41,858

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to Takara Tomy's dedicated Transformers twitter account, we now have more pictures of the forthcoming Transformer Studio Series Dino, from Dark of the Moon, to share with you all!

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino

The photographer shares in the accompanying tweet that they wanted to recreate a pose that Dino does in the movie (the machine translation says play instead). We also get a good close up look at his vehicle mode as well.

Will you be adding Dino to your movie collections?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Takara Tomy Twitter Feed


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095341)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 12th, 2021 @ 8:26am CST
Man, Dino looks good. Can’t wait to add him to my Autobots!
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095347)
Posted by LinaNui on February 12th, 2021 @ 9:58am CST
Dino is (so far) my one ray of hope in this year for Studio Series collecting. With every picture and video we get of him he looks better and better. I have been waiting 10 years for this figure and it is gong to be a great day when I find him!
Now if only they would show off more Bayverse figures.

Side note: I believe this weekend was suppose to be a big toy fair (but covid canceled it). I wonder if there will be anything shown this weekend?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095349)
Posted by Overcracker on February 12th, 2021 @ 11:08am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:Greetings Seibertronians! Thanks to Takara Tomy's dedicated Transformers twitter account, we now have more pictures of the forthcoming Transformer Studio Series Dino, from Dark of the Moon, to share with you all!

Image

Image

The photographer shares in the accompanying tweet that they wanted to recreate a pose that Dino does in the movie (the machine translation says play instead). We also get a good close up look at his vehicle mode as well.

Will you be adding Dino to your movie collections?

Shout out in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!


so not a Licensed Ferrari it would seem. Interesting.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095350)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 12th, 2021 @ 11:13am CST
Overcracker wrote:so not a Licensed Ferrari it would seem. Interesting.

Yep, the Ferrari license is held by another company right now IIRC.

SS Dino's vehicle mode does seem to draw some influence from his generic car mode from the DOTM video game, though.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095351)
Posted by Overcracker on February 12th, 2021 @ 11:17am CST
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:
Overcracker wrote:so not a Licensed Ferrari it would seem. Interesting.

Yep, the Ferrari license is held by another company right now IIRC.

SS Dino's vehicle mode does seem to draw some influence from his generic car mode from the DOTM video game, though.


;)^ Thanks.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095362)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on February 12th, 2021 @ 12:39pm CST
Got Scourge and Hot Rod shipped to me today. And just - WOW. Both are their best selves. As a big fan of the animated movie I have all the different molds of these characters and these toys are their best representations by a wide margin.

The only regret I'd have is if they made a version of Hot Rod that's "premium" coloured or something.

I thought Legends Scourge would be the best he could get, but nope. No, this version is definitive. Now they can stop making him. I'll get the Sweep that comes out - very curious to find out how that's handled.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095364)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 12th, 2021 @ 12:42pm CST
I am so excited for Dino, he looks great! The list of dreams I didn't think would come true that SS has answered is slowly diminishing, it doesn't have too far to go!
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095396)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 12th, 2021 @ 6:45pm CST
wasnt dino supposed to be mirage :-?
anyway if true i would like to see a repaint in g1 mirage colors ;)
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095398)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 12th, 2021 @ 7:35pm CST
The whole deal with "Dino vs. Mirage":
Sabrblade wrote:At the time of DOTM's production, Hasbro created the character to be named Mirage, and had him referred to by that name in every piece of DOTM media contemporary to the movie except for the movie itself (e.g. - the comics, novels, video game, books, two toys, etc.). However, his name had to be changed for the movie itself because, at the time of the film's release, Mattel held exclusive toy rights to the Ferrari car and so Ferrari the company did not want their product placement bearing a Hasbro toy Trademark name in the film, so it was changed to "Dino" instead.

However, one of the props from very next movie, Age of Extinction, a playing card with Dino's picture that was in Attinger's possession (jump to page 97), is labeled with the name "Mirage" instead. With this in mind, one could say that "Mirage" is his original Cybertronian name and that he simply adopted the new nickname of "Dino" after scanning his Ferrari altmode.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095404)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 12th, 2021 @ 9:28pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:The whole deal with "Dino vs. Mirage":
Sabrblade wrote:At the time of DOTM's production, Hasbro created the character to be named Mirage, and had him referred to by that name in every piece of DOTM media contemporary to the movie except for the movie itself (e.g. - the comics, novels, video game, books, two toys, etc.). However, his name had to be changed for the movie itself because, at the time of the film's release, Mattel held exclusive toy rights to the Ferrari car and so Ferrari the company did not want their product placement bearing a Hasbro toy Trademark name in the film, so it was changed to "Dino" instead.

However, one of the props from very next movie, Age of Extinction, a playing card with Dino's picture that was in Attinger's possession (jump to page 97), is labeled with the name "Mirage" instead. With this in mind, one could say that "Mirage" is his original Cybertronian name and that he simply adopted the new nickname of "Dino" after scanning his Ferrari altmode.
So then officially in the movie Dino is not a Ferrari? Or he is a Ferrari he just couldn't be called Mirage?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095405)
Posted by william-james88 on February 12th, 2021 @ 9:35pm CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:The whole deal with "Dino vs. Mirage":
Sabrblade wrote:At the time of DOTM's production, Hasbro created the character to be named Mirage, and had him referred to by that name in every piece of DOTM media contemporary to the movie except for the movie itself (e.g. - the comics, novels, video game, books, two toys, etc.). However, his name had to be changed for the movie itself because, at the time of the film's release, Mattel held exclusive toy rights to the Ferrari car and so Ferrari the company did not want their product placement bearing a Hasbro toy Trademark name in the film, so it was changed to "Dino" instead.

However, one of the props from very next movie, Age of Extinction, a playing card with Dino's picture that was in Attinger's possession (jump to page 97), is labeled with the name "Mirage" instead. With this in mind, one could say that "Mirage" is his original Cybertronian name and that he simply adopted the new nickname of "Dino" after scanning his Ferrari altmode.
So then officially in the movie Dino is not a Ferrari? Or he is a Ferrari he just couldn't be called Mirage?


The latter
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095407)
Posted by TulioDude on February 12th, 2021 @ 9:46pm CST
Ultra Markus wrote:anyway if true i would like to see a repaint in g1 mirage colors ;)


I want a G1 Mirage repainted as Dino.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095443)
Posted by Ultra Markus on February 13th, 2021 @ 3:12pm CST
TulioDude wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:anyway if true i would like to see a repaint in g1 mirage colors ;)


I want a G1 Mirage repainted as Dino.

there is the red diaclone mirage :-?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095459)
Posted by Spider5800 on February 13th, 2021 @ 5:40pm CST
This thing is hot. Need to figure out where I'm putting all these movie bots at, I'm running out of space.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095505)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 14th, 2021 @ 11:03am CST
Got my hands on the '86 Jazz.
What a MASTERPIECE! Seriously, the paint work is absolutely amazing, the bot is perfect with the tiniest backpack imaginable, and the vehicle is just sublime. On top of that, the transformation is easy and intuitive.

I don't know if he scale perfectly with his Bayverse counterpart, but I really love to see the two best deluxe Jazz ever (from their respective universes) side by side.

Image

Image

I think there's enough Jazz around to warrant a solid Top Five list. ;)^
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095506)
Posted by Rtron on February 14th, 2021 @ 11:23am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:Got my hands on the '86 Jazz.
What a MASTERPIECE! Seriously, the paint work is absolutely amazing, the bot is perfect with the tiniest backpack imaginable, and the vehicle is just sublime. On top of that, the transformation is easy and intuitive.

I don't know if he scale perfectly with his Bayverse counterpart, but I really love to see the two best deluxe Jazz ever (from their respective universes) side by side.

Image

Image

I think there's enough Jazz around to warrant a solid Top Five list. ;)^



They look very cool together. If you're intrigued about scale, G1 Jazz's alternate mode is 4,8 metres long, while Movie Jazz's is just a centimetre under 4 metres long. I have no idea if G1 Jazz has a precise height in robot mode, but the cartoon scale chart makes him look about 4 metres tall; while Movie Jazz is supposed to be 4,6 metres tall in robot mode.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095509)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 14th, 2021 @ 11:55am CST
Rtron wrote:They look very cool together. If you're intrigued about scale, G1 Jazz's alternate mode is 4,8 metres long, while Movie Jazz's is just a centimetre under 4 metres long. I have no idea if G1 Jazz has a precise height in robot mode, but the cartoon scale chart makes him look about 4 metres tall; while Movie Jazz is supposed to be 4,6 metres tall in robot mode.


So basically, they are not in scale with one another. Bay Jazz should be bigger or G1 Jazz should be smaller. I guess the '86 guys will be in scale with one another and maybe also the current Generations line at least.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095510)
Posted by Rtron on February 14th, 2021 @ 12:26pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Rtron wrote:They look very cool together. If you're intrigued about scale, G1 Jazz's alternate mode is 4,8 metres long, while Movie Jazz's is just a centimetre under 4 metres long. I have no idea if G1 Jazz has a precise height in robot mode, but the cartoon scale chart makes him look about 4 metres tall; while Movie Jazz is supposed to be 4,6 metres tall in robot mode.


So basically, they are not in scale with one another. Bay Jazz should be bigger or G1 Jazz should be smaller. I guess the '86 guys will be in scale with one another and maybe also the current Generations line at least.


Sort of, G1 Jazz should have the larger vehicle mode, but the smaller robot mode.

Studio Series 86 is definitely conceived with War for Cybertron scale in mind, instead of scaling with the regular Studio Series figures, which makes sense, as they are both G1. Trying to keep scale across continuities would be too messy, so I think they do well in not even trying. If it happens, then it's just a happy accident.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095514)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 14th, 2021 @ 1:16pm CST
Let's not forget that Studio Series is a Generations line, too.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Deluxe Class Dark of the Moon Dino (2095520)
Posted by Rtron on February 14th, 2021 @ 1:52pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Let's not forget that Studio Series is a Generations line, too.


Of course, but within Generations, Hasbro is giving each continuity family its own scale.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Repugnus, Dastard, and Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Deception Off Road Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Turbo Changer Super Nova Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 05 Voyager Class Movie 2 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
Twincast / Podcast #270:
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers G1 Platinum Edition AUTOBOT HEROES Ultra Magnus Springer Gift X-mas" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Autobots Inter Ops BLASTER PERCEPTOR Christmas Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition BUMBLEBEE & GRIMLOCK Gift Toy Kids Christmas Hot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Extinction Platinum Leader Grimlock & Optimus Prime Gift Toy Robots" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition OPTIMUS PRIME Year Of The Rooster Gift Figure Hot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition UNICRON Action Figure Christmas Kid Gift Toy Hot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of extinction - Costco Exclusive Leader Class Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS BRUTICUS" on EBAY