New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown

New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown

Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 9:52am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,851

Thanks to regular source of news from Weibo, the user tf-factory or 淘宝店变形金刚改造工厂, and via a notification from fellow Seibertronian westjames/notirish, we have some stock product images of the second wave of the Hasbro and Takara Tomy Transformers Studio Series line, featuring a Decepticon heavy line-up with Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown squaring off alongside Autobot Jazz.

You can check out all of the images below, which include looks at the backdrops, accessories, shots of both robot and vehicle modes with sizes (for the most part), and a couple of comparisons between the actual figure and the art of the character that they are intended to bring to life in plastic form. Give them all a look, and let us know what you think of them in the Energon Pub discussion boards!

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown

Credit(s): weibo tf-factory

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955089)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2018 @ 9:59am CDT
Both Jazz and Lockdown look FANTASTIC! Jazz will be a sureshot purchase.

Not much interests in Brawl.

Megatron is quite barren or plain compared to the others. His base plastics should have had a shine like Optimus's red. I'm still getting him though.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955094)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 22nd, 2018 @ 10:20am CDT

The other 3 look amazingballs though.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955095)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on April 22nd, 2018 @ 10:28am CDT

Also, I'm glad they're using the movie-styled Autobot logos on the right side of the displays now! It was bugging me that the wave 1 figures have a G1 styled Autobot logo.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955108)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2018 @ 11:15am CDT
EvasionModeBumblebee wrote:These look really good! I LOVE that shot of Lockdown next to the Prime 1 Studio statue. Megatron's going to need some silver paint, but the mold looks good.

That Lockdown look WAY better than the AoE version. Even though I have Peru Kill and the oversized AoE KO, I may just buy that one for my "standard scale" movie display.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955111)
Posted by Evil Eye on April 22nd, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Brawl looks much better now he's actually transformed properly. He's definitely on the bucket list.

Lockdown looks awesome, I wish he was bigger though.

Jazz looks a bit wonky somehow.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955113)
Posted by Ballistic90 on April 22nd, 2018 @ 11:54am CDT
Jazz looks nice, but I'm fine with the human alliance figure. Lockdown is a good design, but I'm not too interested in him. I never liked that Megatron design, so I'll pass on him, despite the competent interpretation.

Strangely enough, Brawl is the one I'm most likely to get. His head looks squashed, but I kinda like him, and i want a nice accurate version of him.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955114)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 22nd, 2018 @ 11:55am CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:Megatron looks to be the same level of disappointment that Grimlock is on, but I'll buy it anyway. I'm going completionist on this line. First time I've done that since the Unicron Trilogy.

The other 3 look amazingballs though.

What disappoints you about Grimlock?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955116)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 22nd, 2018 @ 12:05pm CDT
Really don't like Jazz's upside-down chest bumper, or his car hood upper arms. OR his knee pads coming up from his ankles.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955119)
Posted by Victinoko on April 22nd, 2018 @ 12:34pm CDT
Lockdown looks great! And brawl looks better than he did in the stock photos, not getting either one though. Megatron still looks amazing and I'll probably get him eventually.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955122)
Posted by Blitzwing is bae on April 22nd, 2018 @ 1:33pm CDT
Lockdown be look'n fine! :CON: :CON: :CON: :x :x :x
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955126)
Posted by Octobotimus on April 22nd, 2018 @ 1:48pm CDT

The other 3 look amazingballs though.

so your one of those people that hates good figures? got it....
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955136)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 22nd, 2018 @ 2:44pm CDT
That lockdown is awesome, only thing he's missing is the head cannon
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955137)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 22nd, 2018 @ 2:45pm CDT
How big is Jazz? If these are to be to scale, and Jazz was smaller than Bumblebee...
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955147)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 22nd, 2018 @ 3:30pm CDT
Octobotimus wrote:so your one of those people that hates good figures? got it....

I said nothing about hating.

Wolfman Jake wrote:

The other 3 look amazingballs though.

What disappoints you about Grimlock?

First and foremost, I hate the (lack of) characterization and design the most out of all movie verse characters. So I'm biased.

Second, I found it to be a rather simple figure for a leader class. Plus, the extremely loose and floppy but and crotch flaps in dino mode were a huge letdown. The figure looks really good though, bad design or not, he looks like he stepped right off the screen.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955160)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2018 @ 4:08pm CDT
Being complicated or not is irrelevant for any size class. The point is the fun factor and how well the thing pull of the modes.

As for the skirt flaps, it may be a problem but it's pretty minor. Those are not structural like Leader Dragonstorm's dragon forearms. Mine are very loose and my drangon can only have a groveling pose.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955166)
Posted by nemesis primus on April 22nd, 2018 @ 4:16pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:

I said nothing about hating.

Wolfman Jake wrote:

The other 3 look amazingballs though.

What disappoints you about Grimlock?

Fair comments really. Grimlock’s biggest downfalls as a figure are the front and back skirt. The front pops off way too easy and the rear has no locking mechanism whatsoever to keep it attached as a tail in dino mode. That said it’s still miles above all previous movie Grimlock toys to date, as much as I liked the original Voyager I can’t look on it as anything more than a chibified kibblebot now. Plus the new Grimlock looks fantastic with TLK Voyager class Scorn.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955174)
Posted by william-james88 on April 22nd, 2018 @ 4:49pm CDT
well that confirms Megatron's feet being far from screen accurate.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955177)
Posted by shajaki on April 22nd, 2018 @ 4:56pm CDT
Yo Will! Has SS Thundercracker been sighted in Canada at all?

I'm surprised to see lot's of Americans snagging him what with all their TRU's shutting down :-?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955192)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 22nd, 2018 @ 5:45pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:well that confirms Megatron's feet being far from screen accurate.

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Jazz, Megatron, Brawl, Lockdown (1955202)
Posted by Randomhero on April 22nd, 2018 @ 6:31pm CDT

Could be worse. The rest is pretty damn good and it’s certainly not the first ROTF voyager megs who had accurate feet and nothing else.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Zeta Toys EX-06O Oriprime Optimus Prime MP Scale Toy Transformers MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Lazerback" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Legion Class Lot - Prowl - Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Generations Select - Voyager - Sandstorm - Loose" on EBAY
Buy "transformers Prime Beast Hunters voyager PREDAKING - 100% complete lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Beetle Bumblebee Spike Volkswagen Action Figure" on EBAY