New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime

Thursday, December 14th, 2017 8:45AM CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 17,079

Much like the previous stories covering the Transformers Studio Series - a new line of new issues of toys from the live-action movie series from Paramount - we have some slightly erased images about a figure we had yet to encounter in our coverage so far: Autobot leader Optimus Prime, and a better look at Decepticon second in command and number 6 in the series, Starscream!

Joining the likes of Blackout, Megatron, Brawl in the Decepticon line of of toys, Starscream is shown in the packaged images below, though we get no real look at the figure at all other than some box art, plus a look at the 5th figure in the same line being Autobot Leader Optimus Prime, and a new shot of Brawl's packaging (number 12 in the line), with the figure completely erased from view. Check them out below mirrored from Weibo user tf-factory!

Credit(s): Weibo tf-factory
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926606)
Posted by Quantum Surge on December 14th, 2017 @ 8:52am CST
Much like the previous Transformers Studio Series - a new line of reissues and new issues of toy from the live-action movie series from Paramount

Reissues? Are they referring to Movie the Best?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926610)
Posted by Va'al on December 14th, 2017 @ 9:17am CST
Quantum Surge wrote:

Reissues? Are they referring to Movie the Best?

No, I just typed the wrong thing!
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926640)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 14th, 2017 @ 10:41am CST
Dangit I cam here excitedly expecting to see new images of the actual figures. I wanna see Starscream muchly. Yes I'm impatient. This is very much likely my sole TF toyline for 2018 (movie stuff is my priority though I sometimes buy updated G1 stuff if i think it looks good or if a nice update of a fave childhood character though power of the primes has been mostly garbage so far so unlikely to spend much on that line).
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926818)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 15th, 2017 @ 9:55am CST
These box leaks are agonizing. I just wanna see the new figures dangit!
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926964)
Posted by bacem on December 16th, 2017 @ 10:00am CST
Found this on a whatsapp group.

IMG-20171216-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20171216-WA0027.jpg

i didn't know we gonna get new crankcase.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926965)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 16th, 2017 @ 10:06am CST
Even from blurry photos these are looking very good (am assuming Prime's smokestacks are supposed to pull up in truck mode?)

I do hope there's a RotF Starscream deco at some point cos I really do love the cyber-tattoo look he has in that one and on the toys released from that film. Liking his buzzsaw too :)
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926968)
Posted by Quantum Surge on December 16th, 2017 @ 10:26am CST
bacem wrote:Found this on a whatsapp group.

IMG-20171216-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20171216-WA0027.jpg

i didn't know we gonna get new crankcase.
From the looks of it, Optimus looks mistransformed. I do hope we get better images, and I have a feeling that they got the deco wrong on some parts on him like the side doors on his chest, speaking of, looks like the chest is a fake; odd since people said he'd be similar to MPM-4. Ratchet looks like a slender, taller retool of his DOTM deluxe, so that's not bad. Starscream looks like a shrunken down version of the Leader, and man is it odd seeing him without the tattoos. The Crankcase/Crowbar figure looks like a retool of Berserker; I wonder if they'll improve the issues some had with that figure.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926970)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 16th, 2017 @ 10:30am CST
Quantum Surge wrote:The Crankcase/Crowbar figure looks like a retool of Berserker; I wonder if they'll improve the issues some had with that figure.

Hadn't realised but yes you're right he does look like a retool. Which I'm fine with cos I really like my Berserker figure and haven't had any issues with it whatsoever (I was applying Toyhax stickers to it earlier though the main sticker sheet itself has an issue in that there's a large scratch across the right side but Toyhax are sending me a replacement anyways so it's all good). :D
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926971)
Posted by william-james88 on December 16th, 2017 @ 10:50am CST
Thanks to fellow Seibertronian Bacem, we now have more images of the Studio Series line to go with the ones we previously saw for Leader Blackout and others. These images all come from the same event held in China a month ago but they are being released at a snail's pace from the usual weibo users. These images show us the best look so far at voyager Optimus Prime along with more of voyager Starscream and our very first look at deluxe Ratchet and deluxe Crowbar in robot mode. Crowbar was part of the list of toys included in this line, which you can see here, and seems to be a slight retool of Decepticon Berserker. We included an image below for comparison.

All these toys are scheduled for 2018 and should be at the same price points we saw in the Transformers: The Last Knight toyline.

Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926983)
Posted by LevelRage on December 16th, 2017 @ 11:56am CST
Optimus doesn't look to good sadly, very different looking transformation scheme it already looks like. Ratchet looks like does from his DoTM deluxe figure just modified which I guess I'm okay with. Starscream looks fantastic but I'll keep with the leader class figure of course. And Crowbar? I want him. Just wish he was a voyager.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926988)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 16th, 2017 @ 12:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:Image

Crowbar being retooled from Berserker makes me think the Toyhax stickers will mostly fit him too and make the alt-mode much more detailed. :)
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926996)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on December 16th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CST
I need that Starscream so bad, despite the trash talk he's been getting from other people lately he's one of my favorite movie designs.I have the leader RotF version and I love him but this guy looks like the deluxe upscaled and touched up on, plus he scales better with my movie collection. I can wait longer on the others (Optimus looks mostly good, but I have a lot of Optimus already) but I want Starscream asap.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1926999)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 16th, 2017 @ 1:29pm CST
Autobot Roadburn wrote:I need that Starscream so bad, despite the trash talk he's been getting from other people lately he's one of my favorite movie designs.

Didn't know of trash talk but he's my fave Starscream design and one of my fave TF designs ever (once I got used to him after a few months since the very first reveal of him over 10 years back) and this toy looks very promising from the photo.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927008)
Posted by LordPrime99 on December 16th, 2017 @ 2:35pm CST
I mean, ratchet doesnt look too bad just a bit paintless and his head to shoulder are is wigging me out. Crowbar looks alright but since he's berserker we all know he's gonna be a fiddly mess unless Hasbro got their shit together
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927014)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 16th, 2017 @ 3:31pm CST
Comparing Crowbar to Berserker, more parts have been switched out than initially thought:

- the head
- the lower legs? and feet
- the arms?

Is that the new standard now?
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927024)
Posted by Spider5800 on December 16th, 2017 @ 6:22pm CST
Called it, knew Crowbar was gonna be that specific remold. Which is fine, he SHOULD be similar to Berserker/Crankcase. Will definitely pick him up.

Gonna need some more images of that OP before I make a call on him, he looks a little...wide? could be the camera, the pose, or just a mistransformation, but he looks like he's been having a few too many energon donuts or something in that image.

Ratchet looks bad. Could be the angle, but he's appears really skinny with thick legs, and the big panel flipped down his back isn't fooling anyone.

That Starscream is tempting! I wasn't even thinking about grabbing him, I already have the voyager from the first movie and the leader version from HftD, but he looks really good, and that saw hand makes him pretty unique compared to the other figures we've gotten of him.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927078)
Posted by Black Hat on December 17th, 2017 @ 6:24am CST
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927089)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 17th, 2017 @ 9:26am CST
Black Hat wrote:OK, I NEED that Crowbar. And a Berserker for that matter- what a pity he's sold out everywhere. I was hoping he'd bargain bin but apparently not.

Got mine when Tesco did a sale a few months ago and had Deluxes for £14 down from £23. Of course it was all Wave 1 cos most shops still haven't gotten to wave 2 but I hadn't got Berserker by that point so was quite happy to make the purchase. He's fun. :)
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927101)
Posted by Caesium Salami on December 17th, 2017 @ 1:12pm CST

To name a few similarities:

- The shoulders and upper arms being one solid piece
- The chest panels appear to fold in from the sides
- The front wheels of the truck are on the hips

This is purely conjecture, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

Also, to those worried about the proportions, most of the figures (particularly Crowbar) look pretty egregiously mistransformed. Crowbar's legs, for example, should be in a digitigrade stance like Berserker.
Re: New Images of Transformers Studio Series Starscream, Brawl, Optimus Prime (1927102)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 17th, 2017 @ 1:18pm CST
Caesium Salami wrote:Someone on another forum pointed out that Prime seems to be a heavy retool of TF4 Evasion Mode Optimus.

To name a few similarities:

- The shoulders and upper arms being one solid piece
- The chest panels appear to fold in from the sides
- The front wheels of the truck are on the hips

This is purely conjecture, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless.

People shout retool too quickly whenever they see design points in common. #-o As far as we know, Crowbar is the only one, the rest are all new molds.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Clobber" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #213 - How to Say Expensive and Mean It
"How to Say Expensive and Mean It"
Posted: Sunday, December 9th, 2018

Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon Cyberverse Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "Brawl Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee Flip Shot Bot Shots Action Figure G1 Transformers Hasbro 2012" on EBAY
Buy "Optimash Optimus Prime Mr. Potato Head Transformers Playskool Hasbro 2006" on EBAY
Buy "Salvage RARE Rescue Bots - Hasbro Transformers Garbage Truck Playskool Heros" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Armada Hot Shot and Mini-con Jolt complete with paperwork!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Optimus Prime Axe Attack Warrior Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Quickshadow 11" Poseable Epic Action Figure MISB New" on EBAY