New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination

New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination

Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 4:55am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 39,203

We have an update on the next Takara Tomy Unite Warriors set, the one repainting Bruticus and the Combaticons into Ruination - or as they will be known in the set: Baldigus! Takara Tomy Mall has uploaded new images for the whole team, including single robot and vehicle modes for Dangar/Armorhide, Greejeeper/Rollbar, Shuttler/Movor, Heptar/Rotor, and Dolrailer/Mega Octane, plus their combined form. This set comes with the hands and feet found in the Combiner Wars Computron set and has weapons from both the Unite Warriors Constructicons and Technobots. This is a Takaratomymall exclusive that retails for $160 in Japan and will be around the same Megatronia price point everywhere else online. Check them all out below, and join the discussion in the Energon Pub!

Credit(s): Takaratomymall

This article was last modified on Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 8:14am CDT

Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836499)
Posted by TransformableBacon on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:05am CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836505)
Posted by King Kuuga on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:26am CDT
TransformableBacon wrote:Woah there, is that CW Computron's Hands and Feet? TakaraTomy is making good use of them. And with the Combaticon's team as well. I was thinking of getting UW Bruticus but this guy beats it to oblivion. =P~

Yep, Computron's hands and feet, as well as extra guns from Devastator and Computicon. And they reversed Blast Off's torso direction for Shuttler so his belly is the shuttle underside, like on the original Blast off and Shuttler/Movor toys and the show. Lots of attention to detail here.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836506)
Posted by Kurona on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:28am CDT
King Kuuga wrote: And they reversed Blast Off's torso direction for Shuttler so his belly is the shuttle underside, like on the original Blast off and Shuttler/Movor toys and the show. Lots of attention to detail here.

Oh yeah, they did... I was wondering why Movor was looking a billion times better than Blast Off, better colours aside.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836509)
Posted by Emerje on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:36am CDT
It just occurred to me the kind of firepower Dolrailer could be packing. Since his back canons are meant to be hand guns themselves you could really give him two double length guns, one for each hand. Likewise Baldigus could have a triple length gun by connecting his two new guns to one of his back guns. Crazy. Now I wish Onslaught came with extra guns, but then again, Baldigus doesn't have a Shockwave.

Can't wait to stick this guy up against Omega Prime.

Emerje
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836510)
Posted by Insurgent on October 25th, 2016 @ 5:37am CDT
Oh my. Oh my that does look good.

May have to see if I can get my Blast off transformed that way.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836515)
Posted by Sigma Magnus on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:13am CDT
I honestly didn't think Takara would use the CW Computron hands and feet...and, I don't think they look very good in the first picture (sky configuration?). They look much better in the second (land configuration? :???: ), so if I'm able to get this guy, I'll keep him like that.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836516)
Posted by Bumblebee21 on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:21am CDT
theres the computron feet from hasbro
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836517)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:28am CDT

So if this set isn't well North of $134.00 (UW Computron's price) on BBTS like that Megatronia set, then I may invest.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836518)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:33am CDT
YoungPrime wrote:I don't know a lot about "Ruination" but I like the way this set looks. Plus I wouldn't have to shell out another 30 bucks for the PE arms and feet.

It will be the same price as megatromia. The listing already confirms thst he will be 160$ in Japan.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836519)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:37am CDT
Insurgent wrote:May have to see if I can get my Blast off transformed that way.

Yeah, I was wondering why more people hadn't done that as of yet. Although I don't own one personally, I did get the chance to inspect one before I sold it. ( I prefer the more 'realistic' Hasbro Blast Off, especially since his strange head isn't visible in arm mode)
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836520)
Posted by mechanicoid on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:40am CDT
Of all the Unite Warriors sets released, this might get me to bite. Now if Takara would dig even deeper and give us a Battle Gaia repaint...
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836521)
Posted by Hydrargyrus on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:40am CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836523)
Posted by william-james88 on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:44am CDT
MagicDeath wrote:So... why exactly does the big guy have an upside-down G2 Autobot logo? (Not as in cartoon/toy accuracy, As in, why in the first place?)

Because the bad guys considered themselves anti autobots, an offshoot of the cybertronians and thus reversed the symbol to show their rebellion.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836524)
Posted by Burn on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:48am CDT
For those wondering about price ... Premium Collectables have him up for pre-order, $150AU.
http://www.premiumcollectables.com.au/p ... -exclusive
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836526)
Posted by MemphisR56 on October 25th, 2016 @ 6:58am CDT
So it's all the bruticus molds with the Hasbro computron hands and feet robbed and thrown in. Along with guns from UW Computicon, and UW Devastar.

I now feel entirely robbed that these guns weren't included with the Vanilla UW bruticus. I'm stuck trying to track down one of the god damn Perfect Effect bruticus hands a feet sets. :BOOM:

Why couldn't the hands and feet have been included with Computron as well?

Did Hasbro throw their hand in and say 'You've gotta hold them back so our set actually has a chance to sell!' or something?

:BANG_HEAD:

On a related topic, if anyone can point me in the direction of the Perfect Effect hands and feet in Black for Defensor and Silver for Bruticus, I would greatly appreciate it. I've got the White, Purple and Red sets for Superion, Menasor and Computron and they tower over the other 2 by a noticeable margin.

It makes my shelves look really asymmetrical, I know it's a nitpick, but this is the kind of thing that really grinds my gears. [-(
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836528)
Posted by frogbat on October 25th, 2016 @ 7:11am CDT
I still didn't get bruticus to complete the 4 CW teams i wanted and this has piqued my interest - looks pretty good (maybe onslaught is a bit weird..) but yeah the fact he has the new feet and hands. Will see.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836531)
Posted by YoungPrime on October 25th, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Okay....Thanks.

I still haven't bought Titan Class Fort Maxx yet and wouldn't pay that price for him. So count me out.

Now if they make a Liokaiser with 6 Con's at that price instead of the cheap crap Hasbro's doing then I'd be interested.

That or play the waiting game. Even UW Devastator is only 179.99 now (I think I only paid 189.99 a couple months ago). So there's that.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836535)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on October 25th, 2016 @ 8:05am CDT
I told you all that Takara was going to release a Ruination! Totally saw that coming! :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836536)
Posted by Autobot N on October 25th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT
Up for pre-order at BBTS. $160 at the time of writing.
Re: New Images of Transformers Unite Warriors UW-EX Baldigus / Ruination (1836539)
Posted by Agamemnon on October 25th, 2016 @ 8:16am CDT
Autobot N wrote:Up for pre-order at BBTS. $160 at the time of writing.

Indeed, I added the link to your post, if that is all right, for those who want to preorder...

Every time I see the name Baldigus, I keep thinking of the Ballchinian from Men In Black 2. I don't know why...

Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Size Dreadwing MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Series 002 Arcee (TakaraTOMY)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of The Moon OPTIMUS PRIME Complete Cyberverse Dotm 4'' jetpack" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Rescan Quickshadow Action Figure" on EBAY