New Images of Transformers United Drift

Transformers News: New Images of Transformers United Drift

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 6:49PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 35,131

Takara's ushering in their newest toy line, Transformers United, which will mirror Transformers Generations. Numbered as UN08, their version of Drift is almost identical to Hasbro's version. Slight variations include the white paint around the Autobot symbols on his shoulders, and the fully painted grill. The figure is set for release in late December. Check out the images below, courtesy of AmiAmi.

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): AmiAmi
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138017)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Sticking with Hasbro on this.

Agreed. Such slight differences are just not worth the extra coinage.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138018)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:16pm CDT
The only thing that might make me fork out the cash for this version is a solid sword. The extra paint apps can be easily done with a can of spray paint and some duct tape.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138023)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:31pm CDT
The extra paint is nice everywhere except on the chest. Drift's mold already has a fairly narrow body when it comes to hard surface and not just the windshield; calling more attention to that part is probably gonna make him look more disporpotioned here.

:CON:
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138024)
Posted by Jenus on October 20th, 2010 @ 7:37pm CDT
I'll buy it though I was hoping for more than 5 added paint apps.

Not really sure on Grapple, but it does say test production images. I really hope they add the chrome on the areas like they did on Inferno.

Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138048)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 20th, 2010 @ 9:16pm CDT
United is just too boring save Grapple and Lugnut.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138055)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 20th, 2010 @ 9:53pm CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138065)
Posted by Prime Riblet on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:30pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Already have my Hasbro version, I'll stick with it. Still, it's a great toy IMO.

Very agree. It is a great toy, but the difference are just too small to buy Takara's version.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138067)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on October 20th, 2010 @ 10:34pm CDT
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138101)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on October 21st, 2010 @ 12:28am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Drift was going to be one of the few Generations figures I double dip on but unless the swords are solid I'll pass.

Are they partially liquified?.. or posses air bubbles containing some flesh eating virus from country of origin? (aaaisshhyyyaaa)

:CON:
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138103)
Posted by Blurrz on October 21st, 2010 @ 12:39am CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:

:CON:

He stabs Decepticons with gases!
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138111)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on October 21st, 2010 @ 1:46am CDT
Still the cheesiest looking Transformer in years. Pass on this like I passed on the Hasbro version. Awful character in the comics too.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138113)
Posted by Shadowstream on October 21st, 2010 @ 1:59am CDT
My brother and I have been considering picking up a United Drift on top of the Generations version, just for the sake of laughing at how crass Japan must be for releasing it in the first place. At this point, I'm still mildly skeptical because lately my bother has been taking notice of just how bone white the American Drift is, and he's been concerned this may be an effect of photodegradation, and thus wants to buy another one right away to make sure that isn't the case... I know it doesn't make sense to me either.

Bottom line is we're probably only going to be buying one extra Drift, and unless the United version CLEARLY has a brighter tone of white on top of everything else then... I dunno.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138133)
Posted by Stockade on October 21st, 2010 @ 5:33am CDT
PASS! not enough difference for me to fork out $32.00 for this one or really just about anything from the new United line thats coming soon! I think this United line is a waste of time, and i think Takara has lost its style with Transformers with this new line coming out. I wish this line could more like the Henkei line with more chrome instead of just shinier paint apps and as far as quality issues? I've had a few issues here and there with Takara, so their not perfect either and lucky for me, the vendor i bought from was able to work with me on a exchanges. All i can say is, i MIGHT be buying some of the United stuff, but i highly doubt it, at least with Hasbro you can drive to your nearest store and pick it up for a decent price and not be in debt almost $800 and risking a divorce.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138180)
Posted by It Is Him on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:28am CDT
Wait a second, does Japan even know who Drift is?
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138197)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:00am CDT
It Is Him wrote:Wait a second, does Japan even know who Drift is?

Tokyo is the home of the Drift.

Wait...I got distracted thinking about Japanese race girls.

What were we talking about?
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138199)
Posted by Razorclaw0000 on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:05am CDT
I will surprisingly be skipping a lot of United, I think. Maybe Grapple and Lugnut. The dark WfC Megatron is nice, and I'm thinking about the rereleases of Classics BB and Megatron.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138201)
Posted by Hal7300 on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:08am CDT
Stockade wrote:...at least with Hasbro you can drive to your nearest store and pick it up for a decent price and not be in debt almost $800 and risking a divorce.

Every married collector nods head in unison...
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138205)
Posted by kirbenvost on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:13am CDT
Jimmy Drift wrote:

Every married collector nods head in unison...

Only $800? :lol:

Anyway, definitely a pass, since I already have Hasbro's.
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138206)
Posted by Flux Convoy on October 21st, 2010 @ 9:17am CDT
I'm in the minority here but I'm getting it. I like the slight changes and the white looks brighter. That's a plus. I like the mold just fine too. This means I get a Drift for display and to fiddle with at the computer. I win all around.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of Transformers United Drift (1138307)
Posted by Dai_Ceefax on October 21st, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Well, Flux_Convoy beat me to it but there's no harm in concurring; I like the added paint apps, they're subtle, but they really make the difference (especially on the head!)

Plus, I missed out on all 5 of the Hasbro Drifts that made it to UK retail :P !

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Nucleon and Galvatron" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #225 - The Overexposure of Bumblebee
"The Overexposure of Bumblebee"
Posted: Sunday, June 16th, 2019