New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More!

New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and  More!

Monday, December 27th, 2010 3:28pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 94,863

Does Takara always do it better? If you've been on the fence with picking up a handful of Takara's figures from their newly released United line, then Alfes 2010 is here to help. He's updated his blog with galleries of UN-01 Optimus Prime, UN-02 Bumblebee, UN-03 Cliffjumper, UN-05 Soundwave, UN-06 Optimus Prime, UN-07 Bumblebee, UN-08 Drift, and UN-10 Straxus. Enjoy!

UN-01 Optimus Prime

UN-02 Bumblebee

UN-03 Cliffjumper

UN-05 Soundwave

UN-06 Optimus Prime

UN-07 Bumblebee

UN-08 Drift

UN-10 Straxus

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): Alfes 2010

Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162531)
Posted by Pontimax 01 on December 27th, 2010 @ 3:32pm CST
Takara's metallic paint really makes those figures pop. I wouldn't mind having me a WFC Prime, BB, and Soundwave. And I'd take the other Prime as well. :D
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162537)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 27th, 2010 @ 3:47pm CST
Not much of a fan of the metallic paint for the same reasons as Takara's Animated line. That is, it is far more noticeable against any non-metallic parts on the figure and make the different sections stand out more.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162544)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:05pm CST
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162550)
Posted by frenzyXprime on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CST
I want that Prime mold, not the WFC one the other one I really like it.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162554)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:29pm CST
AutobotMR2 wrote:Ok....quick question and I know it's probably a little late for this, but does everyone's "Straxus" have that little faction symbol, cause mine didn't have one...just wondering if this was another one of those instances like Dirge's faction symbol.

Mine has it.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162580)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 27th, 2010 @ 5:57pm CST
DAMN! DAMN! And damn again! I was hoping I'd be happy sticking with my Hasbro Drift and Darkmount. But seeing these pictures I'm not so certain. Drift appears to be made from a purer white plastic, and I'm liking the insignias with the white outlines. As for Darkmount/Straxus; I prefer the overall look of Hasbro's version, but I'm struggling to ignore the details of Takara's.

This will be the toughest year for making the decision between Hasbro and Takara figures.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162589)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:21pm CST
looks like the one united one i really wanna get is voyager megatron (missed the henkei version)
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162595)
Posted by craggy on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:29pm CST
gotta say in most cases there the United versions are not doing it for me. WFC Optimus and Soundwave make their Hasbro versions look like cheap KOs, sure, but I'm not too keen on the metallic paint for either BB toy or Cliffjumper. And isn't the Henkei BB that the new gold BB is with? I'd have preferred that if they're going to use that colour for the main body they give him a facemask and call him Goldbug (that I might well have bought). Drift looks a bit better, but just like I said about Jazz in the other thread, not enough for me to justify spending the extra money. Straxus looks almost completely different, and I really only want his head, in a jar, so I can live without either of them.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162614)
Posted by funklizard on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:51pm CST
Don't eat the yellow Drift.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162652)
Posted by Blurrz on December 27th, 2010 @ 8:32pm CST
funklizard wrote:Don't eat the yellow Drift.

:lol:

Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162676)
Posted by Tektric on December 27th, 2010 @ 9:22pm CST
EPIC!
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162807)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:29am CST
I. am. LOVING United Soundwave and Drift! Soundwave almost looks like he came right out of the game and I was originally going to get the Hasbro Drift, but now that I see these comparisons I think I like United Drift's white alot better, hope I can find them for a decent price! :D
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162808)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 28th, 2010 @ 7:32am CST
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162878)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on December 28th, 2010 @ 12:01pm CST
Woops! double post. :P
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1162963)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:44pm CST
I like that the faction symbols most of these are the proper colors instead of black or silver or gold or whatever Hasbro seems to be using on the majority of the figures I've bought lately. I'm not sure if I like the metallicy decos or not, though.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1163155)
Posted by prowl123 on December 29th, 2010 @ 9:13am CST
Darn...

Already have Hasbro Straxus.

No sense in getting the united version now, is there?

I'm wanting that Soundwave and that Optimus.
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1163184)
Posted by Fortress_Maximus on December 29th, 2010 @ 11:10am CST
Wow that UN01 Prime looks good. Anyone else getting it?
Re: New Images of United Primes, Bumblebees, Straxus and More! (1163191)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 29th, 2010 @ 11:49am CST
Sodan-1 wrote:

I actually kinda miss those days of AEC when the main lines were running almost in synch with each other and choosing the paint apps you liked best. I miss it and then I think about how much work it seemed like. Maybe this is what's helping me reintegrate into the forums. That sense of working towards a shared goal with a like-minded community. Or maybe it just comes and goes. Whatever, I'm crazy.
:BOT:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Toxic Shot Acid Storm 5-6" Hasbro Warrior Class 2018" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS FALL OF CYBERTRON BLASTER AND STEELJAW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Fall Of Cybertron Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Deluxe Class Decepticon Starscream New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Movie Lot Optimus Bumblebee Ironhide Skidz And More" on EBAY
Buy "2013 SDCC Hasbro Exclusive: TRANSFORMERS VS GI JOE Jetfire" on EBAY
Buy "SOUNDBLASTER Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Voyager Figure 2012" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers Fall of Cybertron OPTIMUS PRIME Deluxe Class, New/Sealed (2011)" on EBAY