New Images of United UN-04 Megatron

Transformers News: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron

Tuesday, December 28th, 2010 12:11AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 84,725

In the mood for Dark Energon? Have a thirst to annihilate your own planet? Then you'd make great friends with Megatron from the War For Cybertron video game. The figure's been redone by Takara into their United toy line, featuring some darker paint job and a more 'evil' feel. Seibertron.com News Crew member Mach has notified us that Alfes 2010 has updated his blog with images of the figure, as well as comparisons to Hasbro's Cybertonian Megatron. Thanks to Alfes 2010, the first wave of United figures are well documented. You'll find Voyager Megatron here, and the remaining eight here. And of course, pictures of this Megatron below!

UN-04 Megatron

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Mach, Alfes 2010

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162725)
Posted by Burn on December 28th, 2010 @ 12:34am CST
So much nicer, which is why I pre-ordered it.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162729)
Posted by Macross on December 28th, 2010 @ 12:43am CST
Not liking it at all, I'll stick with Hasbro for this one (haven't played the game so I don't really care for screen accuracy on any WFC figures)

United looks better in ALT mode.
Hasbro's Looks better in robot mode IMO.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162777)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:19am CST
Megatron wasn't that dark in the game.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162778)
Posted by Flux Convoy on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:23am CST
Both look great to me. I'm going with United though. He'll fit in with the other shiny United WFC guys.
:BOT:
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162876)
Posted by Peleliu on December 28th, 2010 @ 11:45am CST
Why is he brown?! xDDDD
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162889)
Posted by kirbenvost on December 28th, 2010 @ 12:54pm CST
Odd, he almost looks TOO dark here.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162902)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 28th, 2010 @ 1:46pm CST
I can understand why people feel he doesn't look right. A bit too dark. But I really quite like it. There's no mistake that he's an evil tyrant with Takara's figure. But what's with the weird Decepticon logo on his chest?
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162905)
Posted by Jesterhead on December 28th, 2010 @ 2:01pm CST
I quite like the "brown". It's a fresh take on his color scheme, while remaining dark and frightening.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162932)
Posted by Praxus Prime on December 28th, 2010 @ 3:52pm CST
For once I kinda prefer Hasbro's version of the figure...
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162952)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:15pm CST
Though I usually prefer Takara's more detailed paint apps, a gray-brown Megatron just isn't right. They could have gone easier on the brown, if you ask me.

I just checked the boxart on my WFC game, and Hasbro's color scheme is actually the more accurate one.

I'm glad I bought the Hasbro version.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162956)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:33pm CST
weird. earlier pics made him look really good, but now, and with the side by side, I've got to give it to the Hasbro one, even though that is too light. Love the red on the United version and the darker, metallic paint does make the details pop more, but...maybe I'll just get WFC Optimus and Soundwave.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162957)
Posted by SN95 Cobra R on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:33pm CST
Big freakin deal. Cybertron Megatron.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162966)
Posted by craggy on December 28th, 2010 @ 5:52pm CST
SN95 Cobra R wrote:Big freakin deal. Cybertron Megatron.

what should we be discussing in the Cybertron Megatron thread then?
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162975)
Posted by Burn on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:09pm CST
craggy wrote:
SN95 Cobra R wrote:Big freakin deal. Cybertron Megatron.

what should we be discussing in the Cybertron Megatron thread then?

The awesomeness Moderating of Counterpunch and myself. 8)

I just got my shipping notice from HLJ. Yay! Why do I like him? Because he's a dirty dirty robot. Sorry, but not only do I like bricks, I also like my giant freaking machines of war to not be polished and shiney.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1162984)
Posted by El Duque on December 28th, 2010 @ 6:51pm CST
There are elements of each that I like, but I'll be sticking with my Hasbro version.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1163256)
Posted by synthetik on December 29th, 2010 @ 2:56pm CST
The red parts are amazing, but the overall color just doesn't seem like megatron to me.
Re: New Images of United UN-04 Megatron (1163483)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on December 30th, 2010 @ 9:21am CST
I think its funny how some refer to the color as brown. I can see why but at the same time not. This darker richer color can only be fitting for this long time favorite decepticon leader. IMHO the reddish like paint apps are bolder and add more striking fear in this Megatron...'nuff said. :CON:

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 01 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #221 - Appliance Wars
"Appliance Wars"
Posted: Sunday, April 14th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Quake and Chasm" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro TRANSFORMERS - TITANS RETURN - SCOURGE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Legends Bumblebee and Blazemaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return SHUFFLER NEW SEALED Autobot Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG56 Perceptor Robot Figure Toy New Japan new." on EBAY
Buy "2008 Transformers ROTF Legends Class Fallen Megatron Starscream Jetfire Etc NIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Titans Return Cosmos" on EBAY