New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz

Transformers News: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz

Monday, December 27th, 2010 4:05PM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 76,685

If you're in the mood to double dip with the new Jazz mold, then Takara's here to help. Thanks to ACToys.net member Mold, we have comparison images of the 2011 release Takara United Autobot Jazz, and Hasbro's newly released Generations Special Ops Jazz. Takara's features painted wheel rims, a painted grill, back headlights, a prominent Autobot symbol, brighter white plastic and more metallic paint. Check out the images below!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): ACToys.net member Mold

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162548)
Posted by craggy on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:07pm CST
United version definitely looks better, but not for the price.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162549)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:13pm CST
Jazz is one of my favorite Autobots, so I may splurge for him.

But only for him and Scourge, I think.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162556)
Posted by frogbat on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:32pm CST
the takara version has more paint apps esp in car mold... the robot mold only misses the grill paint it seems

thought there might be a few more apps on the legs
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162557)
Posted by Kibble on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:34pm CST
Alt mode looks a hundred times better. Bot mode is comparable...only difference that really jumps out is the insignia. If I displayed in alt mode, this would be a must buy, but since it spends most of its time in bot mode, I think I'll have to wait for a sale if I'm to jump on it.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162558)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:38pm CST
You'll note the white is also different on the United version.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162559)
Posted by Galvatron X on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:41pm CST
Damn, this looks WAY better than ours! Actual taillights too. Wahoo!

The Autobot symbol on the front really adds to it too.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162562)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 27th, 2010 @ 4:54pm CST
Nice... but I've already got the Hasbro one. So pass.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162578)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 27th, 2010 @ 5:53pm CST
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162584)
Posted by quickmixed on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:02pm CST
I've been searching online and at retail for one for the past month now, and now I reckon I can wait a bit longer.

I will definitely drop the coin for Takara. When compared to Takaras release the hasbro jazz just looks lazy. Seriously, no tail lights? Unpainted rims and grills i can live with but considering they painted the lights for recent releases like blurr, drift and even Turbo Tacks I think its just a very lazy effort on hasbros behalf.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162585)
Posted by jlogano20 on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CST
SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER!!
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162586)
Posted by Sodan-1 on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:05pm CST
I just commented on another topic how this line will be the hardest when it comes to choosing between Hasbro and Takara figures. It would appear this is the exception to the rule. Takara all the way!
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162588)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:09pm CST
fenrir72 wrote:You get what you pay for. Extra apps, higher price..........plus factor in the import fees. I find it unbelievable that people will expect to have the price range at the same level as the domestic release with all the added bling.

I fully expect prices to be higher for Takara... which is why 90% of the time, I go for Hasbro.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162590)
Posted by craggy on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:23pm CST

I'm just saying that it's not that much better to me that I will mind having the Hasbro one. A wee bit of paint on the back of the car that you don't see in robot mode (which is how I'll have him for the most part) and an Autobot logo I can stick on myself if I really want to? Other than that it's just a little bit whiter, a little bit more solidly painted.

Great if you've got the money or are a huge fan of the character (I'm personally holding out for United Kup because I don't like things about the Hasbro version) but the differences aren't enough for me to justify paying nearly double (or well, more than that thanks to the recent sales). It depends on the characters.

I could have got a Classics Megatron for £15 or something during one a sale one time, but even that cheapness wasn't doing it for me, so I waited til I could afford the Henkei one and am glad I did. You do get what you pay for, but sometimes you don't want a steak, sometimes you want a burger.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162600)
Posted by TCracker on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:34pm CST
So far, the colors in United had been a hit and miss. While Jazz and Tracks looks awesome, I am still unable to get past thru Grapple's yellow head (even it is anime accurate) and Lugnut's purple. At this stance i prefer Hasbro's over the United version. I have yet to see the rest of the United iterations, besides the one we have already seen in the Hobby Mag scans. I guess it is a balance to see whichever one that floats your boat. With that all said and done, I am just super glad that we are getting them toys. Who would have thought - Wreck Gar? That is most awesome.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162604)
Posted by Counterpunch on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:40pm CST
Makes the Hasbro version look amateurish.

Well met Takara. When it comes to the original Transformers characters, this is well worth the price.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162607)
Posted by Vicalliose on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:42pm CST
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already (probably has), but has anyone else noticed that the variation of RTS Jazz that came with the gun stored in vehicle mode has his arms painted white over black plastic instead of just being made of white plastic? The RTS Jazz shown in this pic is clearly not like that.

Er yeah, I wanted to pick up a second Jazz for numerous reasons anyway, so this United fig just gives me a second option.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162609)
Posted by Naked Magnus on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:43pm CST
Keep in mind that Reprolabels will release some stickers that will make the Hasbro one have some of the same bling that the Takara one has. They have done a great job in the past and that is why I typically buy from Hasbro. Although, some horrible paint jobs just can't be fixed with stickers (Smokescreen anyone?). In that case, I pay extra for the Takara version, but that has been rare.

Hasbro Jazz purchased from retail store plus Reprolabel stickers will cost you around $20.

Takara purchased online (assuming you don't have a friend in Japan) with shipping will cost you about $43.

That is over double the cost for a marginal improvement.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162611)
Posted by bvzxa on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:44pm CST
craggy wrote:

Sorry dude this is more than just a little bit moreof paint for this release, this is just much better Jazz. the "wee" made a big difference as he looks more like the G1 Jazz with the paint apps.

I don't like every paint job for United this time around, I don't like Straxus, but Drift looks better than his Generations counterpart.

This also happened with Prowl. The Universe Prowl had the "rubbing of the paint" problem, compared to the Henkei version which did not.

Price isn't a bad thing, you get what you pay for. The United Jazz makes RTS Jazz look inferior. I don't even want HTS Jazz anymore.

On the flipside I hate Henkei Thundercracker because the QC just flew out the window. Henkei Starscream is also hit and miss some got a decent figure some got two left arms or two right legs Henkei Ironhide suffers from the same paint rubbing in the same place as my Universe Ironhde. But this United Jazz, which is an important character in the G1 Series and movie, is hands down the best. Even Target G1 Movie Jazz sported stark white paint and all.

Come' on Hasbro stop with the beige white syndrome.
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162618)
Posted by craggy on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:55pm CST
see, I don't think Jazz is all that important. He's just the "cool guy" that everyone noticed while Prowl was trying to do his job. ;)
Re: New Images of United UN-12 Autobot Jazz (1162620)
Posted by jamiko on December 27th, 2010 @ 6:58pm CST
United Jazz looks WAY better, however I'm just gonna get the Hasbro one and paint it myself. Some silver, red, and black paint and he's good to go. Save some money and have some fun, can't get better then that. :grin:

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Ultra Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #211 - On The Prowl
"On The Prowl"
Posted: Sunday, November 4th, 2018

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Premium Series: Cannon Bumblebee Action Figure Movie RotF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robot Heroes x6 Ratchet Jazz Frenzy Bumblebee Barricade Blackout" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer SCORN movie figure cyberfire" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Optimus Prime Voice Changer Helmet Mask Kids Childrens" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: MOVIE COLLECTION VOLUME 1 By Chris Ryall *Excellent Condition*" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Action Master Mainframe sealed" on EBAY
Buy "New Transformers 5 Black Mamba Alloy Infantry Roadblock Police Car MPM05" on EBAY
Buy "COBRA COMMANDER KIDROBOT TRANSFORMERS vs. GI JOE MYSTERY ENAMEL PIN 1/20 TA702" on EBAY