New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo

New Images of Universe Legends and  Marvel Crossover Transfo

Wednesday, October 29th, 2008 9:02pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Company News
Posted by: i_amtrunks   Views: 12,486

Two new images have been found in this month's Preview's Magazine showcasing the fifth wave of Transformers Universe Legends Class figures, and the third wave of Marvel Transformers Crossover figures, and posted at tfw.

The fifth wave of Universe Legends figures features Wheelie, Cosmos, Warpath and Rodimus, and this image is the first time that these figures have been publicly seen, with previous images only released in the TFCC magazine. The fifth wave of Legends figures is due in stores in January 2009.

The third wave of the Marvel Transformers figures will feature Captain America as a Hummer, Thor as a Prop Plane, War Machine as a Jet and Carnage as a muscle Car. It is expected that these figures will also be available in January 2009.

To check out the image of the fifth wave of Universe Legends figures, please click here, and to check out the image of the four Marvel Crossover figures, please click here.

Credit(s): tfw2005

Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824682)
Posted by Avatar Prime on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:14pm CDT
I don't normally buy Legends, but I'm definitively going to have to get Cosmos and WarPath. My old Warpath G1 figure doesn't transform as easily as he used to so I could use a modern update to stand in for him, and Cosmos is one of my fav G1 figures from back in the day.
I may even get Wheelie. I don't know on him though.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824685)
Posted by [JRX] on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:15pm CDT
phew...
I'm glad (and somewhat amazed) that Warpath isn't just a repaint of the recent Legends Megatron!
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824686)
Posted by Skice on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:15pm CDT
Rodimus looks awesome, I will own him!
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824694)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:24pm CDT
All will be mine. Yes indeed.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824698)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:28pm CDT
I'm actually impressed! 3 of the 4 Legends look better than their G1 originals...even Wheelie! And Captain America as a Humvee. Who didn't see that one coming?! Seriously, I've been impressed with some of the Marvel Crossovers as far as their vehicle modes go. Mostly with Venom's alt., but I'm something of a muscle car fan and felt that more TF's should have been done in the classic street rod style. (Big Daddy, '74 Camaro BB and Venom are amongst my favorite figs.)
Warpath appears to have more articulation now and Cosmos certainly looks more streamlined. Until Drift comes out I may actually end up buying more Legends and RH figures than Deluxe class from any of the other lines. They certainly seem to be improving their approach to designing them.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824700)
Posted by First-Aid on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:28pm CDT
I'm with Avatar Prime on this one. These aren't your normal legends...these look really nice. I have to admit, I'm also kind of impressed by the Captain America TF. Like we didn't see the Carnage repaint coming a mile away...or the War Machine either. It seems the first molds that were picked were decided on by the fact that they could easily repaint them into other figures: Hulk (grey and green), SPidey (normal and black), Venom/Carnage, Iron Man/War Machine. Smart decision business-wise...annoying for us fans. Thor looks kinda cool too...
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824701)
Posted by Zek Patterson on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:29pm CDT
I can't beleive I'm saying this but......Wheelie...looks....good! And so do Cosmos and Warpath. Rodimus already has a classics figure....show-off.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824708)
Posted by Down_Shift on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:35pm CDT
I'm not sure if I've said this before... but I LOVE Legends figures!

I just picked up Prime, Prowl and BB tonight and I can't wait for the next two amazing waves!

I honestly think I'm looking forward to these more than I am Cyclonus and Hound.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824711)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:38pm CDT
Thor's a god. Does he really need a suit of fancy battle armour? :???:
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824712)
Posted by Sledge on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:40pm CDT
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824715)
Posted by 1337W422102 on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:45pm CDT
Sledge wrote:Look at it this way: if you were a god, wouldn't you make a giant robot that turned into a plane?

No, I'd be a giant robot that turned into a plane!

Ohhh, I see what you did there.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824717)
Posted by Sledge on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:47pm CDT
You'd want friends though.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824719)
Posted by Firebird on October 29th, 2008 @ 9:49pm CDT
Is it wrong for me to be excited about buying Wheelie?

Cosmos looks good also, Not as nice as the canceled Titanium version. But it is better than nothing I suppose.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824816)
Posted by Valandar on October 29th, 2008 @ 11:24pm CDT
Okay, that Warpath just completely and utterly RULES. Not sure about Legends Hoot Rod, though... mainly because I'm not a Hot Rod fan.

These look like they'll be the best Legends since Cyb Starscream, et al.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824820)
Posted by Hotbiggsimus on October 29th, 2008 @ 11:26pm CDT
Thor, Captain America, and Wheelie shall be mine!!!
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824840)
Posted by rpetras on October 29th, 2008 @ 11:34pm CDT
I'm not normally a legends fan, but Hound & Jazz look lonely.

I'm also liking Thor. I've seen the pics of the alt mode, and it's supposed to be an A-10 Thunderbolt (get it), not a prop plane like the image says.

Looking closely at Cap, does he look like a remold of the Wolverine crossover? Maybe he just has a similar bot mode, I dunno.
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824873)
Posted by DeadPool69 on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:04am CDT
Technicly Thor changes into an A-10 I believe...same plane as Powerglide if memory serves....

And I want ALL the G1 Legends now :P That Warpath is causing drool on my keyboard :shock:
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824879)
Posted by T-Macksimus on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:08am CDT
As far as Wheelie goes, maybe if those of us that are actually excited about this new figure don't really advertise the fact...

#-o ...well, never mind. I guess we'll just own up to the fact that some of us may actually go out and buy a Wheelie figure since Hasbro has finally given us one that is even better than we imagined.

I just don't know about Thor being a prop plane. It seems a little...insulting... to have a God relegated to the form of a prop job. Should have been something solid, devastating or immovable.
Tank was already done, construction rig seems too grungy for Thor but there has to be something else dignified...Space Shuttle!!!
Large, Thunderously loud, powerful and far mor dignified than a simple plane. Who's with me on this?

Why do I hear crickets chirrping in the background?

He's an A-10 Thunderbolt? Yeah, Thunderbolt, I get it...well, if not a shuttle I'll settle for the play on the name. At least it's not a prop. plane. Probably has sparks flying out of it's...
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824893)
Posted by Blurrz on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:25am CDT
Wait.. Does this mean.. Wheelie is within scale?
Re: New Images of Universe Legends and Marvel Crossover Transfo (824900)
Posted by DeadPool69 on October 30th, 2008 @ 12:33am CDT
I plan to test that out by having Grimlock step on him...repeatedly :grin:

Its in a deleted scene from the movie, I'm sure :-P

I've gotta say the only one I Don't like is War Machine...he'd be so much cooler as a tank. That, and the repaint pretty much looks like the MK II armor from the movie, rather than a good representation of War Machine (It should be black and white I believe)

Carnage would be a loss, except that i've allready got plans to kitbash him into Pimpmobile Deadpool :D I gotta see if I can find him a to scale fuzzy hat...

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Platinum Edition Trypticon Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #274 - Pulse Fan Fest 2021
"Pulse Fan Fest 2021"
Posted: Sunday, April 18th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Titans Return Sergeant Kup & Flintrock MLC" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG 45 Hot Rod Headmasters Targetmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends LG-46 Kup W/ Targetmaster Complete U.S. Seller" on EBAY
Buy "LOT Transformers Megatron, Galvatron, EX-11 Evil Lord, Sky Shadow, Titans Return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O lot of 7 Sets Sealed Megatron Bumblebee Prowl Mirage Jazz" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx in box." on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DIAC & OPTIMUS PRIME FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Lot Grotusque Repugnus Twinferno Scorponok Prime Wars" on EBAY