Friday, August 5th, 2016 4:47am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,365

Fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath has spotted some new, nicely defined images for the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Headmaster sub-line, via online retailer Anime Export - namely LG36 Soundwave, LG37 Jaguar (Ravage) and Titan Master Bluehorn, LG38 Condor (Laserbeak) and Titan Master Apeface, plus LG39 Brainstorm, who sports a plateless face in this incarnation. Check them all out mirrored below!

Transformers News: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm

Credit(s): Anime Export

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812310)
Posted by Rainmaker on August 5th, 2016 @ 5:34am CDT
Aha! No faceplate!

Soundwave and Laserbeak look way betetr =P~

:MAXIMAL:
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812311)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 5:56am CDT
Click to enlarge...

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812313)
Posted by steals_your_goats on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:08am CDT
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812317)
Posted by Kurona on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:23am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Click to enlarge...

You should probably include the SDCC version.

Also, huh; shame. I was hoping Takara would paint the guns at the end of Brainstorm's front end thingy like SDCC.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812323)
Posted by Randomhero on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:31am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Click to enlarge...

You should probably include the SDCC version.

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812328)
Posted by william-james88 on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:38am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Apart from the blue tape deck face I much prefer Hasbros Soundwave. The unpainted shoulder details just look really bad. I will say though that I'm digging the faceplate-less brainstorm.

I totally agree, though what I preferred on takara's was the painted gun and the all that paint on the titan master. But the lack of paint on the shoulders jut makes it look so bare. I did a double take and went to check the Botcon images because I was thinking "if Takara's looks this bland, how bad was the Hasbro one?

Also I noticed that the crotch on the Hasbro version is transformed differently than on Takara's

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812331)
Posted by Kurona on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:45am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

I can't quite see it; what's different about it? I'd look again but I'd feel uncomfortable looking at Soundwave's crotch that much.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812332)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:48am CDT

One LG39 please...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812333)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 6:50am CDT
Click to enlarge...

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812335)
Posted by Emerje on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:09am CDT
Kurona wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The Hasbro version above is missing the cover with the buttons on it that are shown on the Takara Tomy version. The Hasbro version does have it, it's just an issue with the one on display.

Emerje
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812336)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:14am CDT
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Click to enlarge...

You should probably include the SDCC version.

Click to enlarge.

Randomhero wrote:Also an image from IDW. It's unfair to not have that when the thrilling 30 and headscuplt for the Titans return is where they're based from.

Not really interested in the comics tbh. Logan made one though.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812338)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:22am CDT
Dang it Takara. All of the feels.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812341)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:30am CDT
I like the Takara deco the best, but with the Hasbro-head. :lol:

The Takara-head looks good, all it needs is a faceplate. It looks like it's got indents between his face and "sideburns".. maybe enough to tab a fan-made faceplate.

Mold-wise, the wings on his shoulders look goofy, good thing they can be swept back though.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812342)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:34am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:I like the Takara deco the best, but with the Hasbro-head. :lol:

It would be nice if the wings could collapse a little. I'm actually surprised they don't! A little double hinge in the middle of them or something.

Also, as I've said before, I needs the faces! No faceplates for me. Unless it was supposed to have one. In what I'm referencing the figure to in my head :lol: :lol:
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812343)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:42am CDT
Yeah, another hinge would have looked good and closer to the cartoon.

New pix from Yuki --

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812345)
Posted by galvatron00 on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:45am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:Yeah, another hinge would have looked good and closer to the cartoon.

*dat boombox snip*
Agreed. And that is really the only reason I want Blaster, break-battles between Metroplex and Fort Max. It's gonna take a while to get the poses right, but it'll be worth it.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812347)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:50am CDT
itscramtastic wrote:

*dat boombox snip*

:lol:
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812350)
Posted by Randomhero on August 5th, 2016 @ 7:54am CDT
Cyberpath wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Cyberpath wrote:
Click to enlarge...

You should probably include the SDCC version.

Click to enlarge.

Not really interested in the comics tbh. Logan made one though.

Doesn't matter if you like the comics are not. It's what it's based on. His entire head is based on IDWs head and the colors are as well.

It's like posting a comparison of apples and oranges and saying "I know I should compare an orange with a clementine but I don't like clementines"
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812352)
Posted by Va'al on August 5th, 2016 @ 8:03am CDT
Another couple of images for the Takara Tomy Transformers Legends line, as it takes on the Titans Return figures, from TFYuki - showing LG27 Blaster and LG31 Fortress Maximus interacting in the most casual way possible, with Blaster in his boombox mode, being carried about on a leisurely stroll. Check them out below!

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG36 Soundwave, 37 Jaguar, 38 Condor, 39 Brainstorm (1812360)
Posted by primalxconvoy on August 5th, 2016 @ 8:27am CDT
I wonder if he can bend his arm enough to perch Blaster on/over his shoulder like a true 80's hero on the street would?

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Sky Lynx" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Brand New In Sealed Packing 5 Figures" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Headmasters *B1#2" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors UW06 Grand Galvatron Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG29 Wheelie & Go-Shooter Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-54 Seaspray & Lione" on EBAY