New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge

New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge

Friday, August 26th, 2016 12:13pm CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,806

As fellow Seibertronian Cyberpath notifies us, Japanese toy blogger Alfes2010 has clearly a lot of spare time and spare toys of recent, and they're delving into the upcoming Takara Tomy Transformers Legends releases: LG 24 Shockwave (and Titan Master Cancer), LG 25 Blurr, LG 26 Scourge. Check them out, as some fairly amusing poses make it into the mix too (is Blurr's Headmaster doing what it looks like it's doing..?)

Transformers News: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge

Credit(s): Alfes2010

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818905)
Posted by leokearon on August 26th, 2016 @ 12:24pm CDT
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818944)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on August 26th, 2016 @ 2:06pm CDT
Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818950)
Posted by william-james88 on August 26th, 2016 @ 2:45pm CDT
Optimum Supreme wrote:Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.

I do too, the vehicle mode rocks on Hasbro's version!

As for the Robot mode, I find both as dull. Takara breaks up the colour a bit, but not enough, and thas because they'd rather stick to the animation model.

If anyone asked me which one below was the Takara one, and i didnt know, I wouldsay the one on the right simply because it has more dtail highlighted in paint apps, especially those nice paint apps on the side with silver and dark blue.

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818955)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 26th, 2016 @ 2:59pm CDT
I really like Shockwave. At first he looked periwinkle (or a light purple) to me but these in hand images make him look s much better. Unfortunately I might not get him since I have CW Shockwave.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818961)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on August 26th, 2016 @ 3:17pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.

I do too, the vehicle mode rocks on Hasbro's version!

I still like the TakaraTomy vehicle mode more, since the deco looks more... focused? As in, no random paint apps just for the sake of bringing out detail and accenting. As artists can attest, too many accents can bury the total look from view.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818967)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 26th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
leokearon wrote:Having seen a couple of pics of Cancer/Crashbash being used instead of Lokos, exactly how well do the Titan Masters work as Headmaster Jr heads
It's just sitting there on the body. No attachment involved.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1818994)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 26th, 2016 @ 4:44pm CDT
Summary of the Shockwave & Cancer Prequel comic:
In 2021, the Autobot Second Army has activated the transtector factory in G Nebula 89, and though they're routing all their energy into the factory's operations and thus run the risk of being unable to defend it, Grand Maximus insists that they must do their part of the plan to resurrect Optimus Prime on Cybertron. His own contribution is to implement the "Super Convoy Project", a plan to recreate the transtector that was meant for Prime but turned into Ginrai, but first he must find shelter for Cancer, Bullhorn, Wilder and Clouder, who've smuggled themselves into the base in search of new transtectors following their final battle.

With the base under siege by Overlord's troops and the space bridge network broken, Grand believes the only place where the humans can be safe is in the Legends Universe, and coordinates the opening of a portal with Fortress (who is less than enthused to receive the humans, but relents when his brother calls him out on getting too used to a peaceful life). Arriving in the Legends world, the former Headmaster Juniors are reunited with their Autobot counterparts, Minerva, Cab and Shūta, who explain that they joined Fortress's crew in search of them. As an apology for making them worry, Bullhorn presents them with new Headmaster-Braces that let them turn into Headmasters again. At that moment, Shockwave appears in the Legends Universe in search of Megatron, and marks Cancer as imperative to his plan...
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819001)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 26th, 2016 @ 5:22pm CDT
I don't know if it has been discussed as of yet,

But

Blur
His canopy in vehicle mode...
WTFudge?

Am I doing something off?

I transform my new little buddy into vehicle mode
As one does
And
For some unknown reasons
(clearly my own fault)
The canopy does not
Can not
Will not
Form a seal over my littler buddy, Hyperfire.

Wassupwiddat?

:-? :shock: :-(
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819003)
Posted by camzilla51 on August 26th, 2016 @ 5:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.

I do too, the vehicle mode rocks on Hasbro's version!

I like that the Japanese version helps to get across the idea of the shape that it's supposed to be. I find that the domestic version has a hard time because the blue doesn't extend far enough, and it points out that molding problem where the shins end and the feet begin. It looks like a clunky cut-off. In hand, it's okay when you can look at it from certain angles, but the extended blue on the other one helps to guide your eye through that. It takes the white and makes it look like a long, sweeping stripe that goes all the way around the vehicle.

I mean if nothing else (meaning not getting one to be my proper scourge and letting the 2010 one and the TR one be my sweeps), then I could just paint such details on my domestic one and keep that cool side detailing everyone else is talking about. The reprolabels set tries, but I feel that it doesn't go far enough for what I think it needs.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819005)
Posted by X3ROhour on August 26th, 2016 @ 5:39pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.

I do too, the vehicle mode rocks on Hasbro's version!

I'm... conflicted.

I like Hasbro's exterior paint.
The silver, etc.

But I dig Takara's interiors.
And the touch on the blaster.

As for Blurr,
I really, really love Tak's colors!
Hasbro's seems fine-ish on the outside
But
The bot is way too monochromatic.
Cool
But a little...
Blah?

It's all moot anyway

I am a very patient man
But
I could not hold myself back any longer.
Heh!

Love is a fickle mistress...
And PLASTIC CRACK IS AN EVIL WHORE!

Oops.

I love you still, my darlings!
PLEASE DON'T ABANDON ME!

:KREMZEEK:
:BOWDOWN:
:BOOM:
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819007)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 26th, 2016 @ 5:40pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:I don't know if it has been discussed as of yet,

But

Blur
His canopy in vehicle mode...
WTFudge?

Am I doing something off?

I transform my new little buddy into vehicle mode
As one does
And
For some unknown reasons
(clearly my own fault)
The canopy does not
Can not
Will not
Form a seal over my littler buddy, Hyperfire.

Wassupwiddat?

:-? :shock: :-(

Do you have pictures? the canopy is not supposed to close as far as it does in vehicle mode as in robot mode, but a picture would help us help you!
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819010)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on August 26th, 2016 @ 5:50pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:Blurr
His canopy in vehicle mode...

I transform my new little buddy into vehicle mode
As one does
And
For some unknown reasons
(clearly my own fault)
The canopy does not
Can not
Will not
Form a seal over my littler buddy, Hyperfire.

The answer is no, no it does not:

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819047)
Posted by camzilla51 on August 26th, 2016 @ 8:13pm CDT
Z3ROhour wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Optimum Supreme wrote:Hmmm... I think I prefer Hasbro's Scourge.

I do too, the vehicle mode rocks on Hasbro's version!

I'm... conflicted.

I like Hasbro's exterior paint.
The silver, etc.

But I dig Takara's interiors.
And the touch on the blaster.

As for Blurr,
I really, really love Tak's colors!
Hasbro's seems fine-ish on the outside
But
The bot is way too monochromatic.
Cool
But a little...
Blah?

It's all moot anyway

I am a very patient man
But
I could not hold myself back any longer.
Heh!

Love is a fickle mistress...
And PLASTIC CRACK IS AN EVIL WHORE!

Oops.

I love you still, my darlings!
PLEASE DON'T ABANDON ME!

:KREMZEEK:
:BOWDOWN:
:BOOM:

First of all, I dig your typing style, it's funny

Secondly, I agree about Blurr. I want to like it, but it has few colors other than blue. I get that it's supposed to be a toy accurate version, but... When you look at the toy it's trying to reference, I mean even THAT toy has more color variation than this new one. I can't get into it. And the reprolabels set didn't do much to break that up.

But every time I see this version, it fills me with joy. I need this in my collection.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819055)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on August 26th, 2016 @ 8:38pm CDT
Hasbro has the better vehicle mode, hand down. These pictures make Blurr look way too bright!
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819060)
Posted by william-james88 on August 26th, 2016 @ 9:34pm CDT
camzilla51 wrote: I get that it's supposed to be a toy accurate version, but... When you look at the toy it's trying to reference, I mean even THAT toy has more color variation than this new one.

It being toy accurate is just something us fans came up with to make ourselves sleep better at night. As you say, its not even toy accurate that much. Hasbro never said thats what they were referencing, their references are all over the place these days. From what they said, they consider these new versions of these characters, including new decos not necessarily referencing anything. In reality, they just went with the usual way of having less paint apps.

And about the differences with the Scourge alt mode decos, I totally see what is meant by hasbro's added paint apps interupting the shape of the figure, but I still truly believe that if the Takara paint job had been on the Hasbro toy, many would have cried foul at the lack of paint apps. Especially in comparison to the other version which would have that detail on the side with the silver rims.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819076)
Posted by camzilla51 on August 26th, 2016 @ 10:50pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

What if the takara version had the side detail then? Say it was those silver peg hole bits. Would it be perfect then? I'm also looking at the blue stripes on the side, and I think those might be best omitted.

I mean, for all intents and purposes, say you were the person in charge of the paint app placement at hasbro, right? How would you do it?
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819131)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 27th, 2016 @ 4:47am CDT
So is this an homage to TFA-Shockwave where he was featured as a double agent (style Counter/Punch)?

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819134)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on August 27th, 2016 @ 6:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819155)
Posted by william-james88 on August 27th, 2016 @ 8:06am CDT
camzilla51 wrote:What if the takara version had the side detail then? Say it was those silver peg hole bits. Would it be perfect then?

Yeah, that would definitely make me stop thinking Hasbro was equivalent in paint job.

And thats how I would do it, the takara paint job with those side details painted, just to break up the white to day and not ignore molded detail. Also with the red painted on the side gun/lasers. I know Hasbro did that but I cant tell if Takara painted those openings red too.

Nik Hero wrote:Actually at the least con they confirmed that they were going for toy accurate colors in the Titans Return line and in the future.

It was ?! Do you have a quote or a link ot where you say that? Because from what I heard and read (no proof though), it seemed that Hasbro left it to the designer and it wasnt specific homages. All interviews point towards the decos being different to previous versions to as to distinguish this toy from the old and make it more new.
Re: New Images - Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Shockwave, Blurr, Scourge (1819166)
Posted by william-james88 on August 27th, 2016 @ 8:40am CDT
Our Japanese correspondent Matt in Japan has acquired Legends LG25 Blurr which has just been released at Japanese retail. He sent over some in hand pictures and them being taken in a different lighting than the more professional lighting we have seen before could give you a better idea of what he looks like and how bright the colours are. He also shows us the Headmaster unit and accessories. You can compare how those look to the Hasbro version in our galleries. He also sent us images of the Legends comic he comes with. These have been pretty great at fleshing out the Headmaster concept in the Japanese G1 continuity and how these toys fit in.

Fellow Seibertronian Sabrblade explains the comic for us, which deals with a curcial part that was never explained in G1:

The comic is showing part of what happened to Blurr, Rodimus Prime, and Kup after they left the show (The Headmasters, that is) to go into space after Cybertron was destroyed. Looks like they found Planet Micro and Rodimus became a Microtransformer (a Micromaster).
[Shockwave]is going by the name "Longarm" in that disguised form of his (good thing there's no one named "Longarm" in any G1 fiction).

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY