Wednesday, October 12th, 2016 2:53am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 30,522

Though we brought you a look at its predecessor, and some shots of the figure in both modes and the packaging, thanks to Dengeki Hobby we have a whole new pictorial review with clear images for Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Optimus Primal/Beast Convoy! What you can find below are details, accessories, packaging, poses, and the series of facial expressions that come with the figure - check them out!

Transformers News: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal)

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832669)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 12th, 2016 @ 3:55am CDT
Can't wait for this guy! :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832679)
Posted by BeastProwl on October 12th, 2016 @ 5:25am CDT
The only time I regret not being able to afford a MP figure. He looks so good. Him and Cheetor both. Kill me if they make a Rhinox.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832686)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 12th, 2016 @ 6:43am CDT
I really don't like this character/line/figure but I'm sure as hell not missing getting him! The engineering and design, even from just the image.... :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832688)
Posted by Burn on October 12th, 2016 @ 7:03am CDT
meh...I'm content with the original BW version. That was a damn good figure.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832691)
Posted by Big Grim on October 12th, 2016 @ 7:17am CDT
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832704)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 7:52am CDT
Burn wrote:meh...I'm content with the original BW version. That was a damn good figure.

How's the arm poseability?
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832710)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:04am CDT

It doesn't look like 総 ("Sō") to me, which is the Kanji in 総司令官 ("Sōshireikan") that means "Supreme Commander", the rank commonly attributed to Autobot and Maximal leaders in Japan.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832719)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:24am CDT
Aww, I too was going to skip BW-MP figures but I can't. Looks like a fun figure.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832721)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:The boxed pic is so tiny I can't make out that first Kanji in his rank. I can tell the rest of it is 司令官 ("Shireikan"), meaning "Commander", but that first Kanji is too small for me to read.

Wasn't Fortress and Starsaber one of those?
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832730)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:33am CDT
Found a larger look at the box on Dengeki Hobby's website. Turns out it is 総司令官 ("Sōshireikan") after all.

Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832742)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:45am CDT
That's an eye catching box.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832749)
Posted by william-james88 on October 12th, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:That's an eye catching box.

Did you catch that long dong between his gorrila legs?

Also, just wondering, for those changing their minds and wanting this toy now, where are you planning on getting it?
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832752)
Posted by Ravage XK on October 12th, 2016 @ 9:02am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:That's an eye catching box.

Did you catch that long dong between his gorrila legs?

Good grief,no. Didn't spot that. That's the back of the leg catching the light right????

I get my MP figures from Kapow Toys (just ordered mine).
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832776)
Posted by Cobotron on October 12th, 2016 @ 10:03am CDT
The collector "gotta have 'em all" metallity kicks in and says to me...
Big Grim wrote:Man, I was content to skip the Beast Wars MP line but these photos make it hard!

Then the voice of reason socks me in the jaw and says...

That will do just fine for me.

WAIT! Burn is the voice of reason?!
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832786)
Posted by Counterpunch on October 12th, 2016 @ 10:18am CDT
I can't wait.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832790)
Posted by Cobotron on October 12th, 2016 @ 10:22am CDT
@CP - Now that's the alt mode I was hoping for! :lol: :lol:
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832820)
Posted by Ironhidensh on October 12th, 2016 @ 11:03am CDT

Keyword being "was" its no longer good enough, and must be replaced.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832900)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 12th, 2016 @ 2:10pm CDT
Very much looking forward to this guy. Although a dilemma presents itself. Should he go on my MP shelves, or my BW shelves? #-o :lol:
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1832973)
Posted by Autobot Roadburn on October 12th, 2016 @ 4:36pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Ravage XK wrote:That's an eye catching box.

Did you catch that long dong between his gorrila legs?

That's just the white of his robot mode legs catching the light, thank god. I preordered mine from BBTS. I have the Planet of Junk Platinum set and Takara Windblade in my Pile of Loot, I'm waiting for a couple more things to come in and as soon as Primal is paid for I'll ship the pile out.
Re: New Images - TakaraTomy Transformers Masterpiece MP32 Beast Convoy (Optimus Primal) (1833121)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on October 13th, 2016 @ 6:56am CDT
I'll be holding off until December to ship my next POL out. But man, this guy makes it very tempting...

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Roadburn" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends LG52 MISSFIRE & Targetmaster Aimless Titans Return Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Age of Extinction Kre-O A6950 Scorn Street Chase" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Computron! Scattershot strafe lightspeed afterburner nosecone" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers TFSS 4.0 Spinster   Thunder Mayhem TFCC Targetmaster Subscription" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Hotrod, Cogman, Stinger lot" on EBAY
Buy "RARE Transformers The Last Knight Cyberfire COGMAN 1-Step Turbo Changer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Crosshairs, C7 Corvette 2016 Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege Autobot HOUND Earthrise WFC G1 MISB lot" on EBAY