New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime

New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 7:18pm CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 29,556

Thanks to Dengeki Hobby, we have some brand new images to show you today of the upcoming Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime!

Offroad Bumblebee is a brand new mold deluxe class figure, and is based on the Jeep form Bumblebee temporarily took at the beginning of the Bumblebee movie. He faithfully recreates his appearance from that film, and transforms into a pretty nice little yellow Jeep. Here we get a look at him in a couple poses, showing that not only can be move, but he also has a pretty tight backpack, keeping barely any kibble on his body.

We also get our best look yet at Sentinel Prime, the main villain from Dark of the Moon, where he betrayed the Autobots and went insane trying to bring life back to his planet, at any cost. While we don't get any sort of look at him from behind, we do get a couple of poses out of him, as well as a look at his sword. Sadly, he does not come with a shield, though this means your Studio Series Ironhide can beat him up quicker.

Check out the images below, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime

Credit(s): Dengeki Hobby

Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054799)
Posted by EvasionModeBumblebee on February 27th, 2020 @ 9:35pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote: Sadly, he does not come with a shield, though this means your Studio Series Ironhide can beat him up quicker.

Thank you for my new favorite thing that has ever been said on Seibertron.

These pics do show something kinda cool - Sentinel's sword is formed by panels on the side of his alt mode. It's actually a pretty cool way to do that, although I'm a little disappointed I won't get to spray paint the whole sword silver.

Sentinel.jpg

The molded detail on Sentinel is just insane. Studio Series as a whole has a lot of very impressive molded detail, but Sentinel looks to take it up another notch. Can't wait to get all that painted!
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054813)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 27th, 2020 @ 11:19pm CST
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054815)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 27th, 2020 @ 11:33pm CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:This time around, Sentinel Prime fake his chest. Well, he look amazing so no biggie. Question is, will he be a voyager or a leader? I call for leader because there's lots of plastics involved and that vehicle should be as big as DOTM Megatron.

He's already been confirmed to be a voyager. Though he will likely be a somewhat larger voyager, somewhere between Optimus and Megatron size.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054816)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on February 27th, 2020 @ 11:36pm CST
Tuned Agent wrote:

Voyager only?
Well, I wonder how he'll turn out. But one thing is sure. It will be sorta-kinda better than the DOTM voyager original! :lol:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054818)
Posted by fruityrobo on February 27th, 2020 @ 11:56pm CST
If I'm being honest, I don't think I'm going to pick this up.

It's a great figure, don't get me wrong
but I think the color scheme is too dark. I need some silver or a brighter red plastic. It just seems so dull and emo or edgy
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054819)
Posted by fruityrobo on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:05am CST
Autobot N wrote:I hope they branch out into toyline-only movie figures at some point. Voyager Breakaway would be awesome.

Well that is the point of the whole line

"studio" series

but i guess like the 1986 transformers movie is possible but idk about anything else
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054820)
Posted by Tuned Agent on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:21am CST
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Tuned Agent wrote:

Voyager only?

He doesn't look like he's a complete shellformer, so he's already better. ;)^

Also, is it just me, or does it look like all of Sentinel's red is paint? It doesn't look like he has any red plastic, which contributes to the aforementioned dark color scheme.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054821)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:51am CST
I think his feet might be red plastic.
But yes, he does look to be cast almost entirely in black plastic with the red mainly supplied by paint. While it certainly achieves a dusky red effectively, it also gobbles a lot of the paint budget, leaving Sentinel looking very bare aside from that. Things are black that should be gray, and he's missing a lot of the gray and silver highlights that were present in the movie, not to mention details.
It makes me wonder if they just gave up trying to accommodate multiple colors in the mold layout.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054822)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:57am CST
fruityrobo wrote:

Well that is the point of the whole line

"studio" series

No, he means he wants Studio Series to branch out into making figures for the Movieverse characters who got toys in the Movie 1, ROTF, 2010, DOTM, AOE, TLK, and BB toylines but who did not appear in the movies.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054826)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:38am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
fruityrobo wrote:

Well that is the point of the whole line

"studio" series

Yeah, he's talking about the likes of Stockade, Swindle, Dreadwing, Ransack, Deadlift...
Mind you, while it would be nice to see them revived for Studio Series... There's only so many slots to go around, and screen characters are taking up a lot.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054849)
Posted by Sentinel_Primal on February 28th, 2020 @ 9:57am CST
I hate how good that Sentinel Prime figure looks. Now I'm going to have to try and decide which shelf to put him on, Decepticon or Autobot :lol:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054855)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on February 28th, 2020 @ 10:58am CST
Damn, both Sentinel and Bumblebee are looking good. I can't wait to get Sentinel so my various Ironhides-movie or otherwise-can gang up on him and kick his waste extraction unit. :michaelbay:
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054970)
Posted by william-james88 on February 28th, 2020 @ 10:48pm CST
Ok so, I got the latest Studio Series leaders today (still no prime AAARGH!!!!!!!) and I opened Shockwave and let me say this, I don't remember ever being this dissapointed with a toy.

The reviews were good, so I thought, why not. He looked good in robot mode, and imposing too. And it turns out those are the only good things about him. In every other facet, the previous voyager is superior.
The previous one had a more fun transformation, a better looking alt mode (where the tank can actually roll) and didn't feel as cheap. I really hate the soft plastic on this new one. I have no clue why it was used for his hands and long weapon. It gives no articulation to the hand (his only hand!) and it warps the longer weapon, also making it harder for him to hold it. Plus that tube drags on the floor. And the face guard is really haphazard in vehicle mode. It was wonderful with the voyager, a nice touch. But here anything related to the alt mode feel just so lame. Why even bother.

So to recap, there is nothing good related to the alt mode/transforming aspect of the toy. And the robot mode has some really questionable plastic choices with limited articulation (no waste, nothing with the hands or feet). Pretty unacceptable for a "leader class" toy. Can't believe the Cyberverse Deluxe has more articulation than this guy.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054978)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 28th, 2020 @ 11:51pm CST
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054982)
Posted by william-james88 on February 29th, 2020 @ 12:17am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:Hmm, I've been on the fence about ol' Shocky, since I have seen and read both good and bad things. And I have yet to see him in stores and make an in-hand judgment, so I don't know. He's really that bad? Basically just good for posing on the shelf?

Even posing him will give you issues due to how they did his feet. His ankles are practically levitating.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054985)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 29th, 2020 @ 12:57am CST
So definitely not worth the leader price? I might get him if I see him cheaper, then. I also like the voyager quite a bit, so a Shockwave presence is not a must in my Bayverse collection. I just figured since most of Studio Series has been positive over all, and we haven't had a previous leader class figure of Shockwave, Hasbro would hit all the marks with this one, because most of the fandom has been waiting since 2011. Then again, we got a leader class DoTM Megatron, and he's got a few problems as well.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054989)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 29th, 2020 @ 1:24am CST

That said, SS Shocky looks a lot less chunky than SS DotM Megs, and hides the treads better than his DotM Voyager toy. He also has more spikes, and they stick out more. Which may have necessitated the soft plastic. Parts where it wasn't necessary probably fall victim to being on the same sprue as those where it was.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054990)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 29th, 2020 @ 1:38am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Well, Studio Series Leaders may get more allotted to them than regular Generations Leaders, but they're still not quite in the same neighborhood as Movie 1-3 Leaders.
I'm sorry, I don't understand. Allotted more what? Accessories? Bulk? Parts count? Units produced?
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054993)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 29th, 2020 @ 2:24am CST
Rodimus Prime wrote:
They seem to be allotted a bit more plastic and possibly more parts than the CHUG figures are. Blackout seems to have a bit more meat on his bones than, say, TR Sixshot. And then there's the Studio Series DOTM Leader Optimus.
Re: New Images - Transformers Studio Series Offroad Bumblebee and Sentinel Prime (2054998)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on February 29th, 2020 @ 3:32am CST
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:
I still haven't even opened mine, I'm considering selling it. For some reason I soured on it a bit after purchase. I have SS-05 Prime, that's a good representation of the character in SS. I didn't like Jetfire so I never got SS-32 either. Now I'm not sure the trailer and jetwing was worth the double dipping.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Fangry Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #253 - Danger Zone
"Danger Zone"
Posted: Sunday, June 21st, 2020

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bot, Brushfire ATV Action Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Rescue Bots Cody Burns Graham Burns Kade Burns Human Figure Lot (4)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Electronic Heatwave The Fire-Bot, Cody Burns" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Transformers - Bumblebee Chase Blades Heatwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Playskool Heroes Action Figure Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Playskool Heroes Transformers Blades the CopterBot + Optimus Prime ResBot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Selects Lancer MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bot Brushfire ATV Action Figure Hasbro Playskool Heroes" on EBAY