New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot

Transformers News: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot

Wednesday, May 16th, 2018 5:58PM CDT

Category: Collectables
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 6,728

Thanks to a tweet from site sponsor BigBadToyStore, we have a new image of the upcoming Imaginarium Art Transformers statues!

This new image encompasses several statues that have so far made it into the grey model phase of production. For those wondering, we have not seen any grey models of Galvatron, Bumblebee or the Quintessons, merely a single rough prototype for Galvatron and the other 2 hinted at. These figures are all Imaginarium's own designs, taking the bodies of the G1 characters and updating them with some movie-esque levels of details.

In the image, from left to right, we have: Ironhide, Optimus Prime, Jazz, Devastator, a trio of Seekers that is most assuredly Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp, and the newly revealed Wheeljack, giving us a look at this back and showing us that he needs a giant gatling gun to fight Devastator, of course. Rodimus Prime and Nemesis Prime, both of whom have full color models and pre-orders live, are not pictured.

Check out the new image below, and let us know what you think of it in the comments section below!

Transformers News: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot
Credit(s): Imaginarium, BigBadToyStore
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959889)
Posted by Octobotimus on May 16th, 2018 @ 6:23pm CDT
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959890)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CDT
Octobotimus wrote:all i see is a large amount of wasted money there.... seriously , actual transformers that, oh idk, transform are way better. this you'll pay hundreds or thousands of dollars just so it can sit there and be useless.

Well, that's the point of statues:
Be there, look good, and shaddap. ¯\_ツ_/¯
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959891)
Posted by dragons on May 16th, 2018 @ 6:38pm CDT

Isn’t that what most of us do now except with toys buy them transform them few times put them self collect dust if you space for it and then put them in bin for storage
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959894)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2018 @ 7:01pm CDT
dragons wrote:

My MP-36 Megatron was NEVER transformed once. I just don't have the courage. First Transformers ever that I do this. Still, Megs look good... as an articulated statue! :lol:
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959903)
Posted by thedistinctroom on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:02pm CDT
They had some original ideas at first, but then they folded and copied the Maketoys design, which is a weird choice. Why buy this statue if Giant Type-61 is already out there? If they had stuck to making an original design for their Devastator, I would've seen the point much more clearly.

Oh well. I bet it will still look cool once it's painted up, though. Not that I'll be buying it. :-?
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959908)
Posted by Octobotimus on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:24pm CDT
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959911)
Posted by Randomhero on May 16th, 2018 @ 8:34pm CDT
Octobotimus wrote:I usually play around with my figures, even MP figures. If its something that will sit there and collect dust and never be played with, i sell it cause it aint worth owning if i won't fiddle around with it.

Congrats! You’re not the target audience but that doesn’t mean there isn’t an audience for them. Just like there’s plenty of people who don’t get why adults still collect and play with toys.

Some people like to have highly detailed statues to put on a shelf.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959917)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 16th, 2018 @ 9:06pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:

Some people like to have highly detailed statues to put on a shelf.

I do own statues myself...
But with softer curves...

Also, way, WAY less expensive.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959924)
Posted by Emerje on May 17th, 2018 @ 1:23am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Also, way, WAY less expensive.

Also made of standard PVC plastic, not Polyresin, and not limited to a few hundred. I might actually be interested in these statues if they were made out of stronger, less expensive materials at a better production number.

Here's what a $150 will get you from Japanese statues ("scale figures")

To the tip of the tower that's nearly 16" tall and outright massive! Just standard PVC, and huge production runs (getting second, or technically third release in December) fairly reasonable prices. Would love to own one, I just don't have anywhere good to put it.

Emerje
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959935)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2018 @ 4:07am CDT
Emerje wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Also, way, WAY less expensive.

Here's what a $150 will get you from Japanese statues ("scale figures")

Emerje

Dat Miku Statue...

But I display her WHERE? :-(

BTW, PVC is WAY superior than polyresyn. That plycrap is fragile ar fok and WILL break if you look at them the wrong way. It happen to a 400$ statue I once bought instead of a PS2 at the time, and a 200$ one (now worth nothing) that I bought instead of a MTG Unlimited Mox Diamond.... :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1959962)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2018 @ 8:37am CDT
I hate these stupid statues. Transformers that dont transform are dumb. Especially when they are three times the price or higher than MP figures. The argument coming from the few statue collectors on forums seems to be "I can afford these and you cant so stop hating". I actually can afford a few of these things. But for that price, it better transform, cook, clean, and wipe my ass. I find it hard to believe anybody who just collects these things in mass quantity is a true Transformers fan. Maybe a statue fan or a fan of anime, but a hardcore transformers fan? No way, I dont buy it for a second . Especially considering most of these statues are G1 themed and target an audience of people who grew up with real Transformers that actually transform. When I think of these statues the first thing that comes to mind is the show "Tanked" on Animal Planet. It just shows what socialites will $pend to put in their living room and say "look im richer than you and I can buy whatever I want". I get that, but do they get that Transformers are supposed to transform? I think not....
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960092)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2018 @ 8:05pm CDT

Obviously, the only statues that truly make sense to collect, especially if they are articulated "statues" (meaning ultra-deluxe action figures) are BAYVERSE Movie bots. To have genuine 100% screen accuracy and level of details, NONE of those designs can transform while still following the laws of our Universe. So for the ultimate Movies fan, Movie statues are the crown jewels of any Movie bots display.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960123)
Posted by Va'al on May 18th, 2018 @ 3:34am CDT
Thanks to the official Imaginarium Art page for their officially licensed Transformers statues, we have a final pre-order listing for their G1 esque Jazz figure, with final colours, look, and price ready for anyone willing to buy the funky dude.

[quote] Jazz is Optimus Prime's right-hand man. Unlike Prowl, Prime's military strategist, Jazz responds well to change and improvisation. Whatever surprises the Decepticons spring, Jazz can deal with it. His position as Special Operations head calls for all the skills he possesses, yet he still has time to add some style to everything he does. Jazz's upbeat and outgoing personality make him one of the most popular Autobots among the Ark's crew.
An admirer of Earth music of every kind, Jazz loves culture. More than most other Autobots, he has his finger on the pulse of Earth trends and lingo, effortlessly incorporating human slang into his vocabulary. Chances are, Jazz could tell you the status of almost any reality television show and each week's Top 40 list.

Material: PU, PP, 3D Printed Parts
In the Package
1 Head
1 Pistol 1 Hook (Exclusive in IA web and BBTS only)
Measurement: 30cm (W) x 26cm (W) x 40cm(H)
Weight: 6kg
Scale : Non scale, refer to measurement
TBD
Actual product Color may vary from pictures on website
Note: Suitable for Ages 14 and Above

Item Code : 4587788441111
License : Hasbro
Weight : 5 KG
Retail Price : SG$ 449.00
Preorder Price : SG$ 405.00
Deposit : SG$ 100.00
Item Status : Preorder
Closing Date : 06/18/2018
Release Date : Aug 2018[/quote]

Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960126)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2018 @ 4:02am CDT
That Jazz is magnificent.

But holy scrap, that PRICE! :shock:
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960132)
Posted by steve2275 on May 18th, 2018 @ 6:26am CDT
still doing it in style
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960146)
Posted by Rated X on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:23am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:I partly agree with you Rated X. But only for the G1 inspired designs. Truly pointless because the MP line proves that those designs can transform while having that much details.

I suppose that is true with some movie designs. Although I believe anything is possible in the world of toy engineering without mass shifting. I wouldnt be suprised if the could even create a proper ROTF Overload that transforms into the robot from the concept art:

https://www.google.com/search?q=rotf+co ... I2lJ-ur_NM:

With that being said let it be known, I dont hate all statues. I just hate Transformers statues. I do own a $140 statue of my favorite mortal kombat character, Jade. But she isnt a transformer. All she has to do is stand there and look sexy. But I wouldnt have paid $400 or $1500 for her. Thats just ludacris snob yuppie s**t.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960151)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 18th, 2018 @ 8:35am CDT
Rated X wrote:

I can't see the point in paying that much for a statue of a fighting game character you can't pose into any other moves or stances than what she's already stuck in but it's your choice and your money. Transformers statues have their fans too. If someone wants an extremely detailed but non-posable represenation of G1 Jazz on their shelf to gaze and admire that's up to them. Some folk just want to have a great looking version of their fave character without the need for it to be a mostly plastic toy that may sacrifice aesthetic qualities for function.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960192)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 18th, 2018 @ 11:49am CDT
Carnivius_Prime wrote:
Rated X wrote:

Speaking of human based statues, the advantage is you don't have to deal with ugly joints and such.

In conclusion, each things have their good and bad points. The final say being dictated by tastes, interests, and budjet.
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1960358)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on May 19th, 2018 @ 6:34am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

A lot of well made figures cleverly hide joints as best they can though and I'd take a noticable movable joint over a completly overpriced static non-posable version of a character any day but that's my choice. I like paying less for an item that can do much, much more and other folk like paying silly monies for an unposable piece of 'art'. :P [/quote]
Re: New Imaginarium Art Transformers Statues Groupshot (1961094)
Posted by Va'al on May 23rd, 2018 @ 2:46am CDT
Directly from the Facebook page of the officially licensed statue and replica makers Imaginarium Art, we have a full colour shot of their latest project in the Transformers statue line: G1 esque pink warrior, Arcee!

Posing with both gun and sword - taking on attributes from her first incarnation and some Animated and IDW slants in there, much like the Generations transforming toy - you can see her in a suggested rendition: the page talks about potentially removing some lines from her face, as it's still under licensor (Hasbro) consideration for now. You can check out the image below, and let us know what you think in the Energon Pub discussion boards.

Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumble Figure" on AMAZON
You save: 41%
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #200 - Requiem of the Twincast
"Requiem of the Twincast"
Posted: Sunday, May 20th, 2018