Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 2:34pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News, Unlicensed Products News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 36,812

Site sponsor BigBadToyStore dropped by with some updates on a few upcoming Impossible Toys products. They have listed pre-orders for the previously teased Alpha Trion figure as well as two new Lithonian figures, Kranix and Arblis. All three figures are priced at $39.99 and scheduled to release sometime this quarter.

Credit(s): BBTS

This article was last modified on Tuesday, January 10th, 2012 2:40pm CST

Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332262)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on January 10th, 2012 @ 2:48pm CST
I like what they've done with Kranix and Arblis. Not so much with Alpha Trion.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332267)
Posted by Forgotten on January 10th, 2012 @ 3:00pm CST
Wow, they look doofy.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332268)
Posted by RiddlerJ on January 10th, 2012 @ 3:04pm CST
"Feed him to the Sharkticons." :P
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332272)
Posted by craggy on January 10th, 2012 @ 3:09pm CST
priced at $39.99...each? Maybe for all 3, if I was really drunk, maybe.

They don't look bad, Alpha Trion could be a bit more manly looking maybe, but really, $40 for each one? Not a chance.

edit: please bare in mind that my sig details the fact that I want to complete the cast of The Transformers: The Movie, and even then I won't be buying these.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332277)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 10th, 2012 @ 3:13pm CST
I'll probably get them to complete my movie cast, but ... not at $40. I'll just be patient and wait until they drop in price.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332295)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 10th, 2012 @ 4:06pm CST
I wouldn't get these it if were five quid for the lot.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332296)
Posted by necr0blivion on January 10th, 2012 @ 4:09pm CST
The "Disposable Income Train" has just grind to a screeching halt.

The only IT figure I own is Arcee, and it's pretty fragile. These 3 figures seem more suitable for the old PVC line that was released years back. I'm with others in this thread, not worth $39.99/ea. Even bundled at this rate, I'd still do some serious consideration before purchasing.

I don't like how these came out. Something in the design that just doesn't win me over. A3 looks like he was made out of Play-Doh (R)!

Maybe if we got some pics of them posed with actual movie figures from the 80s, they might fit in. But there's no way they fit in with other lines.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332299)
Posted by Mkall on January 10th, 2012 @ 4:20pm CST
I'm kind of interested in Arblus and Kranix, but not at that price.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332313)
Posted by craggy on January 10th, 2012 @ 5:14pm CST
I think the problem is that I remember Impossible Toys Quintessons being announced a long time ago. They weren't maybe as good looking as the official toys of the time, but there wasn't a whole lot of competition for 3rd party stuff. Nowadays, we've got TFC, Maketoys, iGear and of course Fans Project, all of whom are putting out stuff that is at least the equal of Hasbro, sometimes even dancing around behind the official releases making bunny ears and giving them wedgies, they're that much cooler. Impossible haven't improved, and what was acceptable 5 years ago, just isn't now, not for the same money.

Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332325)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 10th, 2012 @ 5:52pm CST
I actually think the Quints were sculpted well, but ... they aren't exactly the hardest design to pull off. No arms and no legs make for a very simple toy.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332339)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 10th, 2012 @ 6:31pm CST
Alpha Trion kind of looks like he's wearing old lady glasses. I think I'll pass on these.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332359)
Posted by Stormrider on January 10th, 2012 @ 7:14pm CST
craggy wrote:I dearly want Quintessons, Shark and Alli - cons, Arblus, Kranix, the freaky little Lithonians, that dude who got fed to the Sharkticons, a dozen completely different Junkions with interchangeable parts, the weird Nightcrawler looking Decepticon who runs past a bunch of times in a loop when Unicron attacks Cybertron, the whole shebang! BUT, I'm only interested in paying for quality product, mang, choo hear what I'm sayin'? :twisted:

I feel the same way. I have all of the Quint figures. And the Baliff and Executioner were very weak. They had little articulation and could barely hold their weapons. I am surprised Impossible Toys can't evolve into something more.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332366)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on January 10th, 2012 @ 7:23pm CST
Impossible Toys should be ashamed of themselves! The bar is so much higher than that!
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332397)
Posted by Rated X on January 10th, 2012 @ 8:47pm CST
I want them all. But I learned my lesson with Bailiff and Nightbird...

Let all the haters talk trash and give em a bad rap so I can get em on clearance in 6 months.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332410)
Posted by DJrasmo on January 10th, 2012 @ 10:10pm CST
easy pass on these...which is pretty sad because I have always wanted a decent Kranix figure...but this is the TRANSFORMERS universe...where is his alt mode?

The planet Unicron first devours in the opening sequence of the movie...I have always wanted more detail about them...what was their society like? They seem to be a scientifically-enlightened society, maybe a pre-war era sister-planet to Cybertron?

I always found it hard to swallow that in the TF universe there would be an alt planet populated by a bunch of NON-transforming robots...maybe given my above statements they should all have "science-y" alt modes...like distant relatives of Perceptor.

ZOMG they could even make an Omega Supreme-esque leader class guy who turns into, like, and LHC or something...(okay admittedly now I am just nerding out here, sorry)

But yeah, 40 bucks for a non-transformer who doesnt even look (from the posted pics) like he would be very well articulate is a disappointment....start the movement NOW! Cry out for Kranix to be given a real mold! :-P
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332414)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on January 10th, 2012 @ 10:26pm CST
I don't know, I can kinda see a robotic planet in the TF-verse that doesn't transform. I was actually surprised to see unused concepts of the Lithone's alt. mode.

That said, they didn't transform int he move, so I'm fine with these, but ... I wouldn't object to a better option.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332453)
Posted by Mykltron on January 11th, 2012 @ 4:46am CST
DJrasmo wrote:I always found it hard to swallow that in the TF universe there would be an alt planet populated by a bunch of NON-transforming robots

Why? What's wrong with some variety? In our universe not all life forms have opposing thumbs. Or walk on two legs. Or walk. I could go on.
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332471)
Posted by DJrasmo on January 11th, 2012 @ 7:26am CST
Mykltron...

of course YOU are going to preach "variety"...coming from a guy who includes a rabbit (??) among his collection of autobot leaders :lol:
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1332518)
Posted by BeastProwl on January 11th, 2012 @ 11:02am CST
Alpha Trion looks like a shampoo bottle...
Re: New Impossible Toys Products and Pre-Orders at BBTS: Alpha Trion, Kranix, and Arblis (1333005)
Posted by Stormrider on January 12th, 2012 @ 4:49pm CST
BeastProwl wrote:Alpha Trion looks like a shampoo bottle...

lol

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY