New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys

Transformers News: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys

Friday, March 27th, 2015 10:26AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 24,898

We got a slew of new images today, from all over the internet, of some upcoming Robots in Disguise products. All with the exception of Hyperchange Steeljaw were already revealed at the New York Toy Fair but these give us an idea of how their packaging looks like.

Images for Hyperchange Steeljaw, Mega 1-Step Optimus Prime, Deployers Fracture and Drift, Minicon Slipstream, and Super Bumblebee were found at Amazon.ca and Wind Designs.

The mirrored images are below.

Transformers News: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys and Hyperchange Steeljaw Revealed

Credit(s): william-james88
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667802)
Posted by Siger on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:43am CDT
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667806)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:47am CDT
Siger wrote:Well I hope the kids enjoy this line of toys and buy them up. I think the aesthetics would have turned me off after I was 9-10, but that's just me.

Perfect, because that's exactly what Hasbro said they were targetting with these. They said these toys were made:

When we looked at kids 5-9

After that, they can pick up the generations toys.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667807)
Posted by Rated X on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:51am CDT
This is where all that extra plastic goes before it ends up on clearance and in the thrift shop by 2016. Hasbro should just eliminate simplified toys and just do one version of each character for all ages. In the 80's we didn't have 10 different Primes and 20 different Bumblebees. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667809)
Posted by Kyleor on March 27th, 2015 @ 10:58am CDT

If I remember correctly in one of the videos where the new minicons were shown, isn't there some kind of 'new figure' you can build out of the add-on bits if you get all the minicons?
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667823)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 11:28am CDT
Kyleor wrote:I wonder how well all the add-on bits for the minicons will fit on other figures.

I am not sure if the add on minicon stuff can fit on others, I think it's specific per minicon (like the wolf mask for instance). But maybe other parts do, I dont know.

And YES, it was said that those translucent plastic bits can create a new figure. One for the decepticons and one for the autobots. I was hoping we could see the other side of the box to see if the look was revealed or not.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667868)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 1:07pm CDT
So, are these minicons only turning into launchable disks?
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667871)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2015 @ 1:08pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:So, are these minicons only turning into launchable disks?
Disks for Drift, spikes for Fracture.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667874)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 1:11pm CDT
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667886)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 1:39pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Are the launcher toys just stupid and super simple? Will the pack-in minicons that come with the launchers be available separately?

Answer 1) Yes, very simple toys, not very inventive.

Answer 2) Sadly, it doesnt look like it.

I hope not to need those to build the mystery figure.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667893)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 1:53pm CDT
Damn.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667900)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 27th, 2015 @ 2:17pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Damn.

On the flipside, Drift and Fracture have or are getting regular Warriors Class toys too. :)
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667904)
Posted by Cobotron on March 27th, 2015 @ 2:24pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

It looks like everything pegs in using rectangular pegs and holes. I don't think they will work with many other toys. I wish Hasbro would carry Takara's 5mm p&p torch. It was so simple and universal. It brought unity to all the lines, past and present.

Despite this and the fact that they turn into hockey pucks. I am excited to check them out just because I think they are neat looking.

And the launchers look meh, but Fracture's alt mode (hover bike? I think?) looks like deluxes or voyagers could possibly ride him. That would be fun!
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667925)
Posted by Kyleor on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:24pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

The minicon hand weapons & hand ports look to be round, so hopefully for the weapons at least.

Launcher Drift & Fracture look like they may be cool, definitely want to see some in-hand pictures and poses of them.

Slipstream looks like a mini-Drift, I wonder if he'll need a beard painting like Drift.

Why does Mega One Step Optimus have better paint/colors than Warrior class :/
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667930)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:34pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Damn.

I'm always annoyed by a toy line giving me a character without his key gimmicks or making a roy of him where the gimmicks are so intrusive that they ruin the toy. It seems that this line has done both.

Is there any kind of interactive play value between the warrior and minicons ?
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667932)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:36pm CDT
As we previously reported, a bunch of new pictures revealing the upcoming Robots in Disguise figures in their packaging have emeged across the internet. We have two more for you, and those happen to be of the most anticipated figures revealed so far: Sideswipe and Jazz. These in package images (and suplemental new stock images) were provided through their listings on Bigbadtoystore and have been mirrored below.

Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667934)
Posted by william-james88 on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:42pm CDT
Kyleor wrote:
Why does Mega One Step Optimus have better paint/colors than Warrior class :/

Well, he does cost more, so its good to have a bit more value in terms of paint.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667935)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Damn.

Is there any kind of interactive play value between the warrior and minicons ?

Not really, the Mini-Cons are standalone for the most part. They merely serve as ammo for the Deployers, that's it.
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667937)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:43pm CDT
Oh well fuck, that Sideswipe looks sexy. Now I have to rescind my no autobots rule for RID15. I'm not sure on Jazz yet.or Grimlock. I like both of them on the show but their toys are not grabbing me... Also Grimlock should have a weapon. Every other warrior has one...
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667938)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:46pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
NuclearConvoy wrote:Damn.

Is there any kind of interactive play value between the warrior and minicons ?

That blows. They look cool and if the deployed didn't look like a barely poseable, gimmick-laden mess I'd have gone for those. Drift as a warrior any good?
Re: New In Box Images of Robots in Disguise Toys (1667942)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on March 27th, 2015 @ 3:48pm CDT
I just realized something. The first Slipstream toy! (But as an Autobot.) :-(

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #215 - New Year, New Toys
"New Year, New Toys"
Posted: Sunday, January 13th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Generations Classics Voyager Class Springer Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall Of Cybertron FOC Deluxe Class Whirl MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation One G1 Reissue Walmart Exclusive Tailgate New MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Thrust  NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Wheelie Sealed MISB MOSC Legends Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Sergeant Kup 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Scourge Fracas 100% Complete Deluxe Generations - Titans Return Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Fall of Cybertron Skywarp (Complete)" on EBAY