Transformers News: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime

Monday, March 25th, 2019 7:32PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 21,955

Thanks to Twitter user Tristan Dauer, we have a massive new batch of images to share with you of the upcoming Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime!

During the course of this Twitter thread, we get some awesome new shots of the Leader Galaxy Prime, which include some in box shots, a nice look at the packaging, some vanilla robot mode and super powered up robot mode shots, and some comparisons to both the Siege Voyager Prime, and also to some of the Unicron Trilogy Prime figures.

While the figure is a bit smaller than its Cybertron daddy, it certainly appears to line up well with the Unicron Trilogy aesthetic, granting the Unicron Trilogy Prime some long awaited love that hopefully continues to expand as the War for Cybertron progresses.

Check out some of the images below, and click either the link above or the images below to check out the entire batch of images!

Credit(s): Tristan Dauer on Twitter

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016002)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 25th, 2019 @ 7:39pm CDT
Hmmm, Cybertron Upgrade Prime might just be my first pass from Siege. Just not feeling it for regular full price.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016003)
Posted by sol magnus on March 25th, 2019 @ 7:41pm CDT
Seeing them side by side, I might just get the Voyager Prime after all. It's fine for Ultra Magnus, but the Prime doesn't quite hit the spot for me with the armor upgrade.

I'll give it some more thought.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016005)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on March 25th, 2019 @ 7:47pm CDT
If I can't take the wings off the torso armor bit non-damagingly (aka without removing pins or anything), I'm hoping someone makes a chest piece w/o the wings and with the non-powered-up head (either as a Shapeways thing or as a finished third-party accessory) so I can put that on with the shoulder bits and leg pieces to have a non-powered-up Siege Cybertron Optimus.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016015)
Posted by JazZeke on March 25th, 2019 @ 8:13pm CDT
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016024)
Posted by Jeffrohurt on March 25th, 2019 @ 9:48pm CDT
This looks nice but not one I'll be getting. I have the original one and he still looks fantastic. Voyager Prime looks good and I want to get Ultra Magnus. Just too many fake parts on this to warrant picking him up :roll:
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016032)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 25th, 2019 @ 11:09pm CDT
JazZeke wrote:One amusing comparison I just noticed about Cybertron Optimus Prime vs. Siege WfC Galaxy Optimus Prime is that in the original, the shoulder pads are the real truck front and the chest is faux windows. In the remake, the shoulder pads are the faux parts and the chest is the real truck front.
Eh, the original's chest windows weren't fake per se. It's just that, rather than them being from a windshield, they were instead windows that came from the sides of the truck. The person who took the above photos merely forgot to fold the windows out to the sides for the truck mode.

Here's an example of the windows folded out correctly on the old toy:

Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016034)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on March 25th, 2019 @ 11:21pm CDT
Normally a few bits of pseudo-kibble don't bother me, but sweet Primus do those fake tires ever kill the entire wing assembly from behind. And that's the side exposed in truck mode too?!? I've seen garage kits fruit-roll-ups with perforated shapes that looked better...though that does make him the second Op in Siege to tack another random red bit of my childhood onto his body, after ViewMaster Optimus Prime. So the comparison pic is juuuust interesting enough to...

...NO, no, I know 13 years of inflation have happened since 2006, but for $10 more than the original I still have? Absolutely not. Taking the wait-for-a-sale-and-see approach. If none occurs, this will likely be the only Siege toy I pass on.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016037)
Posted by blackeyedprime on March 26th, 2019 @ 4:32am CDT
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016041)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on March 26th, 2019 @ 5:20am CDT
blackeyedprime wrote:The side profile pic of Optimus makes the head and arms look to be set unnaturally far back, didnt notice that on the Magnus figure.

Just picked up y copy and they are set back a little, but in the pics above o/p is also leaning backward, so that's exaggerating it a little
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016042)
Posted by Dannshinigami on March 26th, 2019 @ 6:07am CDT
Really dont like it. Even when it was announced I wasnt happy and now seeing it compared to Voyager Prime its just gash. Plus the extra 20-30 quid aint worth it.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016044)
Posted by Emerje on March 26th, 2019 @ 7:21am CDT

The top half slides forward and back, other in hand photos have had it slid forward slightly line up his shoulders with his hips. These photos have him slid all the way back and leaning back.

Emerje
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016049)
Posted by whacko on March 26th, 2019 @ 8:28am CDT

Siege Cybertron Prime looks like a poor knockoff compared to the original. The plastic on the original looks better, the sculpt is cleaner and more defined and everything appears to peg together much better on the original. Plus the original has more accessories and light and sound gimmicks.

I can't help but feel a little sad that Siege Cybertron Prime is 2/3rds the size of the original with lower quality and basically the same price tag.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016055)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2019 @ 9:42am CDT
whacko wrote:Wow these pictures just illustrate how much quality had dropped over the last decade.

These are different toys though, and one is not meant to replace the other. Its just a new toy of that design (the third one, in fact). The whole point of this toy is that you can include this design within one's generations collection with the same level of articulation and scale at the rest of the line.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016065)
Posted by o.supreme on March 26th, 2019 @ 10:59am CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:So, has anybody tried weaponizing your weaponizes yet? Who wears who better? My vote is for Cog and his boob guns.

20190325_172916.jpg

Nice. If I ever see wave 2 Siege in my area, I'll let you know, but yeah, I wanted to weaponize my weaponizes ;) . Ideally though, I cant wait to finally put these guys with the Titans they were meant to be with. Haven't seen anyone post pics of that yet. Hopefully I can if I ever see Six-Gun
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016069)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on March 26th, 2019 @ 11:45am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

20190325_172916.jpg

I'm on a business trip right now, where I found Six-gun. As soon as I get home, I'll snap some with Cog and Fort Max, and Six-gun and Metroplex.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016078)
Posted by Whirlkick on March 26th, 2019 @ 1:46pm CDT
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016080)
Posted by william-james88 on March 26th, 2019 @ 2:02pm CDT
Whirlkick wrote:I've already preordered this guy for 15% off which is pretty good. But his vehicle mode is really unstructured. The old figure has a nice sleek truck but the new one is just a bit of a mess. He's missing a wheel at the front and the rear of his trailer is straight instead of being angled which makes him look clunky. The robot mode is nice, but the truck could be a lot better.

I always found the truck mode terrible, even on the older one. Hence why I never leave him in that mode. The new one is worse of course, but it doesnt make the old one any better to me :lol:
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016083)
Posted by cruizerdave on March 26th, 2019 @ 2:14pm CDT
Gross. Another small voyager being sold at a leader price point.

No thanks.
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016097)
Posted by Patrickab7 on March 26th, 2019 @ 4:56pm CDT
Wasn't planning on any Wave 2 Deluxes but picked up Ironhide and Six-Gun. Ironhide will probably be my only recent exception to avoiding mold overlap(as I'm planning to pick up Ratchet). I passed on Sideswipe because I'm getting Red Alert, am passing on Prowl in favor of Barricade, and am passing on Starscream for Thundercracker(plus I have like seven different Starscream variants). Chromia might have been a pickup if she was combiner compatible but she's not (and I have motorcycle Chromia). Tax season kicked my ass so extracurricular purchases should probably be reduced anyway...
Re: New In-Hand Images and Comparisons - Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Galaxy Upgrade Optimus Prime (2016098)
Posted by bvzxa on March 26th, 2019 @ 5:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Here's an example of the windows folded out correctly on the old toy:

Always a pleasure to see Galaxy Convoy. That is one of my favoite toys from the Unicron Trilogy. I wasnt to like the Siege remake but unlike Ultra Magnus the Siege version leaves me feeling some type of way. It's ok and Im not blown away like I was for the original. Still might pick one up anyway who know....

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #234 - Hell in a Cel
"Hell in a Cel"
Posted: Sunday, November 10th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Beast Machines Scavenger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Class Ultra Magnus NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers GENERATIONS Deluxe CYBERTRONIAN MEGATRON Missing Parts BROKEN wfc" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 BUMBLEBEE Complete Generations Two Gold Minibot 1994" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers SIEGE War for Cybertron Battle Master Smashdown Targetmaster" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon  Voyager Class Shockwave" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Gnaw Mace Mash Action Figure Power of the Spark Cyberverse Shark" on EBAY
Buy "MPM 7 CUSTOM BUMBLEBEE transformers masterpiece movie loose" on EBAY